• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tires for 1998 NSX-T

It is time to replace my front tires - currently Michelin Pilots. These were great street tires, but Michelin no longer makes them in the 215/45R-16 size with a Z speed rating or better. Apparently only the following are available in this size:
Kumho XS KU 36
Dunlop Direzza DZ101
Bridgestone Potenza REO10
Bridgestone PotenzA REO40
Falken Azenis RT-615

Since I have only had Yokohamas and Michelins on my NSX since 1998, I need some help to decide which of the above would be best . I never track my NSX... pretty much highway mostly and some rare mountain twisties..
Your thoughts and input will be appreciated.

I'm asuming from your post you want to keep the pilots in the rear?

It's preferable that you have matching front and rear tires (both brand and model). If this isn't possible any more, match the performance category that the rears have.

There are multiple "Michelin Pilots" (Pilot Sport, Pilot Sport PS2, Pilot Sport A/S, etc.), can you expand on which ones exactly you have?

If the tires are the Pilot Sport A/S Plus, they are Ultra High Performance All-Season.

You may consider going down a size in width to 205/45/16 if you want to keep those A/S tires in the rear (note that doing so decreases the width of the tire AND the overall diameter of the tire).

This will give you the option of running these Ultra High Performance All-Season tires according to TireRack:
-BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S
-Continental ExtremeContact DWS
-Kumho Ecsta ASX

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of these tires, but the Customer Survey data shows the Continental ExtremeContact DWS to be the best of the three. . .

In your case i would second the contis.....

Back