• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Exhaust Tips - Who sells them?

I am looking for a set of titanium tips to finish off my new exhaust. I will need two of them the same: 3" inlet with 4" or 5" tip exit diameter, single walled with rolled edge. Inlet portion will need to be weldable to 316 stainless steel with a 5-6" length of riveted titanium tip with burned finish (slant cut end) over it. Please let me know if you can get that or if you know of somewhere that carries it.

If you've seen DavidF's exhaust you have an idea of what I'm looking for, except not in quad tip and with a longer length of tip as shown below. Very similar to these 105mm tips but with a rolled edge would be preferred.
tips_line_up.jpg

Actually if I can't get slant cut I would settle for something like this guy on his GT2:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/191094-titanium-exhaust-tips-installed-997-gt2.html

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
What's the difference between the top row vs. bottom row in your pic?

I guess my question is.. why does it have to be burnt Ti instead of just burnt SS?

I think they are the same under different lighting conditions, ie flash and no flash (given the yellow light cast of incandescent bulbs). I tried the burnt SS right now, it looks like shit. It's light blue and won't get to that rich blue hue, and I want tips bigger than 3" so I might as well get a finished product rather than screw with the DIY thing anymore :mad:

Last edited:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118074

I don't know if that vendor is still active on e90post, but I could of sworn he offered titanium single exhaust tips along with the quad tips.

He is still active. I've been trying to get him to become a vendor here. He has some awesome tips. We've been swapping emails all this week about this. I did purchase my ti tips from him 3 years back and they still look like new.:wink:

Let's get him on board (no pun intended)- Or if there isn't enough general interest can you PM me his contact information? I want to get these installed ASAP!

Last edited:
Let's get him on board- Or if there isn't enough general interest can you PM me his contact information? I want to get these installed ASAP!
I am trying. I told him to register and start a thread to see if theres enough intrest to become a vendor. I tell you, this guy has some very cool single/quad tips. Shot him an email bout an hour ago.

Send me his email address I will start asking questions, I don't want to count on him joining here because I need these like now!

Ok I am going to try and get some. Should I go for slant cut or straight cut with rolled edge?

You might be right, time to try something new anyways ;) I miss my gtlw but this exhaust sounds like a tubi and all it needs is the right bit of bling to set it off and give it a more finished appearance. I hope he has a 3" inlet available since all the bimmer guys have the stock 2.25" inlet size...

Last edited:
Stmpo with test pipes, you can hear it soon and see what you think.

Hello

DavidF referred me to this site regarding some interest in the tips that I offer :biggrin: Let me know which style tips, finish and the dimensions you all prefer and I am sure it can be made. Will gladly share what tips I offer at the moment if any of you are interested.

Thanks
Derek

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the forum! Please check out the first post in this thread for what I'm looking for, I'm ready to order right now if you have something like that, I really want it like NOW! :) Lots of car meets coming up starting with next weekend. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1634647&postcount=1. Please let me know, you can PM me or post here. Other members have contacted me too so maybe we can even get an introductory group buy going.

Last edited:
I would be interested in something similar to this 4" tip. Is it SS and bolt on type? Do I just have the muffler shop cut the current exhaust tips on my car and bolt this on?

dsc0006edited1.jpg

I would be interested in something similar to this 4" tip. Is it SS and bolt on type? Do I just have the muffler shop cut the current exhaust tips on my car and bolt this on?

That is very similar to the tips I want, except I think we need a longer titanium portion since you can easily see into the valence area, and I want a rolled edge. The titanium portion is riveted to the SS portion as you can see in the photo, and yes you just cut off your existing and weld on the new. You would need to know the size you want your inlet to match the new tip units.

I currently have the SOS endura lite exhaust. The tips are a bit small and not bling enuf for my taste :D

Is this "rolled" tips?
dsc0066copy.jpg

Last edited:
That is why we are all gathered here my friend ;) Measure the piping diameter or circumference at where you'd like to cut it off, or just ask SOS.

Single tips on an NSX look better straight cut. They look perfect on the GT2.

I'd have to disagree with this completely.

The NSX looks best with slant cut. Mainly because of the contour lines of the rear of the NSX. Slant cut flows better with the rear valance and bumper lines as it tapers back inward as it goes down IMHO.

On the GT2, the rear bumper is more squared off, so the straight cut seems to work well.

This is the ARC Titanium exhaust with ~3.5" titanium tips. I really like the aggressive angle of the tips.
11581ARC_Exhaust.jpg

So this is my copied version of it using 3.5" black chrome slanted tips.
IMG_0901_sm.jpg

nsx2rear.jpg

Last edited:
Back