• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Lugnuts. Please look. Thanks.

Re: I can't believe it...my lugnuts are done...

Me likey also. Can't wait to see these up in the for sale section

Wow, these look incredible.

What are the advantages of these at $310 over those of reputable brands and manufacturers for 1/3 of the price (other than uniqueness and one-off?)

Wow, these look incredible.

What are the advantages of these at $310 over those of reputable brands and manufacturers for 1/3 of the price (other than uniqueness and one-off?)

-There is no such thing as a real titanium lug nut set for $103.

-The sets you are talking about say titanium, but they are just aluminum with a "titanium coating" (which is retarded, cause I doubt it's a titanium coating...what does that even do anyways??) which drives me nuts b/c it is false advertising. Same thing when things say "carbon fiber", and it's just "carbon fiber look"

-There are a few ebay brands of real titanium lugnuts I see for around my price, but those #1 look terrible, and #2, who knows what they are made of, and #3 they are not 7 sided.

-The few titanium name brand lug nuts that are sold are over $500 a set, and my advantage over those is that mine are 7 sided, and to me, mine look better.

Then let me rephrase - what are the differences between yours being Titanium at $300+ and those that are 1/3 the price that are not...

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/lugnuts.htm
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=L1

Is it simply that they are lightweight and made of Titanium? Are there other significant advantages? I'm just curious on what exactly is the difference that makes it worth while...

Last edited:

Then let me rephrase - what are the differences between yours being Titanium at $300+ and those that are 1/3 the price that are not...

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=L1

Is it simply that they are lightweight and made of Titanium? Are there other significant advantages? I'm just curious on what exactly is the difference that makes it worth while...

most of the above are aluminum, which is TOTALLY different from Titanium
look at this one
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...=PROD&Product_Code=90304-T1R&Category_Code=L1

they are selling for $510!! and the advantage of titanium parts are they can handle much higher stress compared to aluminum and steel.
and titanium are much more expensive then aluminum and steel..... therefore, when u want the best metal parts for your car, go with Titanium...and it also changes colour over time when theres heat! which is pretty cool!

oh...and they are almost half the weight of steels and a little lighter then aluminum! but if u are cheap...just buy the rays one for $200 and they do the job too!!:biggrin:

Also, IMO aluminum lug nuts are simply not safe for a car to have. I know, I know people do have them, but to me, I NEVER would. They gaul pretty easily,and that's not safe. Plus you are getting ripped off at $100-$200 for aluminum luigs. I'd sell those for like $50.

One correction on what you said though, titanium is NOT lighter than aluminum. Aluminum is the lightest out of steel, titanium, and aluminum, but also by far the weakest, hence just not an option to me to put on a car and feel safe.

Plus nothing looks as cool as heat treated titanium :smile:

most of the above are aluminum, which is TOTALLY different from Titanium
look at this one
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...=PROD&Product_Code=90304-T1R&Category_Code=L1

they are selling for $510!! and the advantage of titanium parts are they can handle much higher stress compared to aluminum and steel.
and titanium are much more expensive then aluminum and steel..... therefore, when u want the best metal parts for your car, go with Titanium...and it also changes colour over time when theres heat! which is pretty cool!

oh...and they are almost half the weight of steels and a little lighter then aluminum! but if u are cheap...just buy the rays one for $200 and they do the job too!!:biggrin:

IMHO, these tuner lugs are not that great. Not a big fan of the Rays "Duralumin" lugnuts. They are very light, but the finish sucks. I had a set I re-powdercoated because the paint tends to easily chip. My favorite lugs are the steel lugs by Mcgaurd, strongest lugs I've ever used. Not to mention they are spline.

TitaniumParts Pre-Sale Titanium Lugnuts

Hey guys. Here is the TitaniumParts pre-sale for my titanium lug nuts. I will have all of the lug nuts and sockets in my hands in January 2010, and ready for shipment via USPS. I was going to wait until then, but I decided to offer a pre-sale to people who want these for a cheaper price. Basically, you will pay me now, and when they come in in January, I will ship them out to you. The benefit of doing this, is that you will be getting the units for cheaper than anyone else for paying earlier.

Anyways,for those that do not know, these are the features of my lug nuts.

*1.5x12 thread pattern (Fits Hondas, Toyotas, Lexus, Mitsubishis, Acuras, Subarus)
*Titanium for $200 cheaper than the competition
*Lighter than steel lugs, with the strength
*Much stronger than aluminum lugs
*150,000 psi tensile strength
*7-Sided pattern to lock (Only titanium lug nut on the market like this)
*7-Sided Stainless Steel Socket included. (Will not rust like other sockets)
*Heat Treated
*1 year to develop
*Many designs and burns attempted until I settled on one I liked
*Made and designed by a fellow NSX owner (Don't have one now, but I've owned 3, and will own one again soon)

Pre-sale pricing is as follows (These are the prices for now until the sale ends)
*$290 shipped for 20 7-sided lug nuts and one stainless steel socket.
*$250 shipped for 16 7 sided lug nuts and one stainless steel socket. (If you have a car that only needs 16 lugs.)
*$15 for extra socket in case you loose things

After pre-sale pricing is as follows (I will let everyone know when the sale pricing has ended)
*$340 shipped for 20 7-sided lug nuts and one stainless steel socket.
*$290 shipped for 16 7 sided lug nuts and one stainless steel socket. (If you have a car that only needs 16 lugs.)
*$30 for extra socket in case you loose things

To order
#1 Please first, e-mail me at [email protected] to let me know you want a set, let me know your nsxprime user name, and provide me with your mailing address. You can also call if you prefer at 469 438 5044 to do these things.
#2 Then, you can send payment to [email protected] via paypal.
#3 Or you can mail me a check. I'll provide you with my mailing address when you call or e-mail me.
#4 When the lugs are finished in January, I will mail them out to everyone that day via USPS, and you will be the lucky first few to get a set for cheaper than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for those wanting these for their OEM wheels

These currently fit aftermarket wheels ONLY, however, if you want these for your OEM wheels, feel free to order these during the pre-sale to save money, b/c I am making adapters to be able to make these angled bottomed lugs fit on factory acorn style lug wheels.

Allow me to explain. These adapters are made out of aluminum, and will be kind of like a washer that goes under your lugs, except they aren't a washer at all. Basically they are angled like these lugs on the top, then acorned like oem lugs on the bottom. They do not compromise strength at all, as they are just a spacer, and also, the most important thing is that they do not make the lug nut stick out anymore then it already would have. In other words, the lug still bottoms out against your wheels where it would have. The part that would not have however, is where the spacer comes into play to basically make up the extra space that would have been air and would have not been safe. It converts you lugs kind of into the two piece lugs that everyone likes where the bottom can turn freely from the top...cool stuff. It took a while to design!!, but I am really pleased.

They are currently in strength testing, which they are passing with flying colors. So, if you want a set of these lugs for your car, feel free to still order during the pre-sale to get the cheaper pre-sale pricing. If you want to wait however, till the adapters are ready, you can of course, but you will not get the sale price :( The reason I chose to do it this way for everyone instead of making a separate set for OEM wheels was for several reasons.

#1 The cost was going to be a lot more for you guys
#2 If you guys ever get aftermarket wheels, you can still use these lugs and just toss the adapters
#3 If you want to sell your lugs, it will be much easier to sell them fitting after market wheels and OEM wheels, then it would be for just fitting OEM wheels. Then you can also sell the spacers (A lot of people with stock wheels want fancy aftermarket lug nuts, but usually can't get them)
#4 MUCH less hassle for me
#5 I knew if I made 5 sets, there would be one person pop up in like 6 months that would want one, and I'd be out. This way everyone who wants a set; OEM and aftermarket wheels; can have one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures Not the best, but my camera just broke, and I wanted to get these up. The lugs are amazing looking! Pictures do not do them justice. These will make any set of wheels look good. Thanks everyone for all the patience and feedback while making these!

Middle lug is the one for sale. The others were trials of no burn, and glass media blasted.
TiLugNut_Trial_9.jpg

Lug and socket
Lug1.jpg

Fits perfectly
Lug3.jpg

7-Sided socket
Lug4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TitaniumParts Pre-Sale Titanium Lugnuts

When I asked here about making these, many people said they wanted a set. Now that I am ready to start selling them at only $290, there has been literally 1 person e-mail me, and that's it? I have put a lot of money and a ton of time into these to get them as people's feedback from here directed me, and to make 50 sets. Where is everyone now? If this doesn't work out, I will most definatley not be able to continue all my other planned NSX projects for more impressive and large titanium parts. :frown:

oops, I totally forgot about your email yesterday! I was swamped with work, my bad. I will set a reminder for tomorrow after I check funds and send the paypal over your way for my set! ;)

-Brian

Re: TitaniumParts Pre-Sale Titanium Lugnuts

When I asked here about making these, many people said they wanted a set. Now that I am ready to start selling them at only $290, there has been literally 1 person e-mail me, and that's it? I have put a lot of money and a ton of time into these to get them as people's feedback from here directed me, and to make 50 sets. Where is everyone now? If this doesn't work out, I will most definatley not be able to continue all my other planned NSX projects for more impressive and large titanium parts. :frown:

Honestly - as a vendor on SEVERAL other forums and business owner, my recommendation for going into this as a first product would've been to collect a few deposits and secure a list of committed buyers from that. It is VERY common for people to say they want something and then never purchase when the time comes.

The deposits would've committed them to the point of following through - otherwise, the stipulation that the deposit is non-refundable would've helped minimize your risk of overhead expense.

Just my .02

just sent in my payment Mike, please let me know when you have received it! :biggrin:

Also, IMO aluminum lug nuts are simply not safe for a car to have. I know, I know people do have them, but to me, I NEVER would.

In fairness, OEM Porsche lug nuts have been aluminum since the 70s, and I think it's fair to say they've seen their fair share of battle duty.

To say aluminum lug nuts are not safe is simply spreading false information.

In fairness, OEM Porsche lug nuts have been aluminum since the 70s, and I think it's fair to say they've seen their fair share of battle duty.

To say aluminum lug nuts are not safe is simply spreading false information.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Aluminum lugnuts are more than strong enough to be considered safe.

Like I said before , I will buy a set at your originally quoted price of $250 ...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118450

Would you also like them to be 6 sided instead of 7 sided with a 7 sided socket also? That's what they were originally going to be before people here said they wanted them to be 7 sided. They also were just going to be a plain 6 sided shape, instead of the circle of the top. People here asked for a better and more complicated product, so I delivered, however that also makes production costs to go up. My pre-sale price of $290 is extremely fair for what I have put into these.

Back