• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To ubtate or to not update? That is the question.

Greetings fellow NSX lovers. I have a 91 Sebring Silver NSX which was recently hit in the front end, (not my girlfriends fault) . This presents me with the choice of updating to the new 02 front end. I love the new updated look, however not all of my friends like the look or think I should make the change. Sooo....... I guess I am taking a pole to see what you all think. Leave it original or go with the new?

I would do the updated front end but it's really your choice at the end of the day..

Also it will cost much more to update your car..

good luck!

Keep it stock!:smile:

keep it classic, nothing beats the classic original pop up, timeless masterpiece work of art. IMO:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I love to keep everything OEM, the way it left the manufacture.

Anesthesia

What is the damage? Bumper only?

Are the head lights damaged too?

If you plan on keep it long term, hell do the update. I personally still like the pop ups. I'm still not feeling the 02+ bubble bump light covers. However, it's not as easy to sell your car in the future if you modify the front end. Also if you do the front, you'll want to do the rear to match and do the full conversion.

It all depends which look you prefer. I always preferred the 02+ look and I was very happy that Jetpilot had done the conversion on the car I bought - was a big factor in my decision to take it off his hands!

I like both pop ups and fixed headlights. If you do the 2002 plus conversion don't forget the sideskirts, the mesh ducts, rear tails, trunk lip spoiler, and lower valence.

The pop-ups are integral to the original design, while the fixed lights were a well-thought-out albiet improvised update.
On the other hand, the fixed lights weigh less, so you have that performance aspect to consider.
You should choose ... wisely.

Greetings fellow NSX lovers. I have a 91 Sebring Silver NSX which was recently hit in the front end, (not my girlfriends fault) . This presents me with the choice of updating to the new 02 front end. I love the new updated look, however not all of my friends like the look or think I should make the change. Sooo....... I guess I am taking a pole to see what you all think. Leave it original or go with the new?

It's your car, right? Do whatever you want... tell your friend to go buy a Camaro.

POP-UPS FTW!!

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

But I will confess, 02+ styling is HOT HOT, my love is 55% on pop-ups, 45% fixed ...
Oscar

Last edited:
Hey man you left your lights on. :tongue:

I live the car running with the A/C on as well, just to keep it cold inside, the lights are ON just "IN CASE" if I need to just jump and drive!

:D
Oscar

Does you car have a color matched roof? I don't know if an '02 conversion would look good on a sebring silver with a black roof.?

IMO, fixed headlights look more up to date. I've owned both and wouldn't go back to pop ups. Remember, the oem nose is more "forgiving" when you hit something on the road vs. the fiberglass counterparts. I vote for 02+ oem nose/headlights.

Jeff

Back