• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Tools for the garage

This is one tool I swear by, it is the best screwedriver you'll ever use. It is very precise, the "clicks" on the ratchet are very tight and not loose, meaning a very small turn causes a click not a big one. The bit holder literally sucks itself shut, and the bits are just the right size and very high quality. You can even get a tiny light for it, and once you use it, it seems a lot less like a gimmick an a lot more functional. This is one of my favorite tools and for $30, well worth it. I was so impressed with this I wrote tool snob, and they published my email:

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/2010/08/megapro_13-in-1_ratcheting_scr.php

Be careful with the pressure washers. I blew the volk racing stickers right off of one of my wheels. (They're real volks, with the stickers applied at the factory.)

J

I'm in the market for an impact wrench and have some questions. Input would be appreciated.

First, pneumatic or electric?

If electric, cordless or corded?

I'm thinking a cordless 3/8" for all the stuff around the car, and a 1/2" (corded or pneumatic) for the wheel lugs.

Thanks, guys.

I'm in the market for an impact wrench and have some questions. Input would be appreciated.

First, pneumatic or electric?

If electric, cordless or corded?

I'm thinking a cordless 3/8" for all the stuff around the car, and a 1/2" (corded or pneumatic) for the wheel lugs.

Thanks, guys.

I have an Ingersoll-Rand 1/2 pneumatic and a Dewalt 18V cordless 1/2. The pneumatic is definitely more powerful but it is a pain to deal with air. I do all my wheel changes with the Dewalt.

Any thoughts on a 1/4" drive vs. 3/8" impact driver?

Most of my sockets are 3/8", but I figure I can just use a 1/4-->3/8 adapter, and the 1/4" would probably fit in more spaces.

Lugs? You should never do your lugnuts with an impact wrench

Just saw this on TV recently. I think it would be able to save you some space and allows you to purchase whatever attachments you'd want.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kXEOD5J4Jpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey Turbo,

I just picked one of these up. Nice tool. Well worth the $30.

This is one tool I swear by, it is the best screwedriver you'll ever use. It is very precise, the "clicks" on the ratchet are very tight and not loose, meaning a very small turn causes a click not a big one. The bit holder literally sucks itself shut, and the bits are just the right size and very high quality. You can even get a tiny light for it, and once you use it, it seems a lot less like a gimmick an a lot more functional. This is one of my favorite tools and for $30, well worth it. I was so impressed with this I wrote tool snob, and they published my email:

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/2010/08/megapro_13-in-1_ratcheting_scr.php

Back