• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top Gear: Senna tribute

The episode was already going to be one of the best Top Gears ever, and the Senna film just took it to another plane of reality. Fantastic stuff -- even if you're not a regular TG viewer you should seek this one out.

Thanks as*&*&*&oles .....

You made me cry, I followed Senna's career in Brazil when kid, and although, Piquet was my favorite, still Senna was part of my life, in Brazil he was part of our weekends, conversations, fights etc, and that is why I own an NSX ... :*

I stop watching F1 in 1998 b/c all those giants were retiring (and Ayrton gone) .... only went back to watch F1 when Alonso came along.

Oscar

OK - I have a n00b question. I have been lurking for a while now and there seems to be a "connection" between NSX people and F1 racing? I know everybody here is a car enthusiast in one shape or form... but I don't see people ranting on about Nascar at all.

don't tell me I am stupid - I already know that. I just need help :)

I don't know squat about racing... I am drawn to the NSX for purely engineering reasons.

OK - I have a n00b question. I have been lurking for a while now and there seems to be a "connection" between NSX people and F1 racing? I know everybody here is a car enthusiast in one shape or form... but I don't see people ranting on about Nascar at all.

I don't know squat about racing... I am drawn to the NSX for purely engineering reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

"The car's strong chassis rigidity and cornering/handling capabilities were the results of Ayrton Senna's direct input with NSX's chief engineers while testing the NSX prototype car at Honda's Suzuka Circuit during its final development stages"

no offense at all but you say it like Racing has nothing to do with engineering.

You can only watch this if your IP address resolves to the UK. I've tried using a UK based proxy server, a couple of them actually, but even still, no luck so far.

Why don't you just get em from here www.topgearseason.info , they are big files though, I've maxed out my ISP bandwidth for 3 months running, but I now have every episode made :biggrin:

WOW- I have seen countless hours of Senna's videos online. Just do a search on youtube. That pass from 5th to 1st is one of the greatest racing clips I have ever seen.

Thanks.

Terrific and memorable episode. You can stream this without any issues on streetfire (for the time being).

downloaded, then hooked up to a 32" HD(720) TV just to watch this episode. It was already up on the list of the best episodes with the veyron, then was at the top with Cruise pulling of one of the coolest and fastest laps in the car, but then....the Senna tribute was the BEST ever and seeing Hamilton drive the car and all his emotion was just epic. By far the best top gear episode!!

Ps-second best was season 14 ending with Vantage(i think)

^

Check www.finalgear.com

I agree - this was a good one. Also liked Season 10 and a lot of the specials (winter olympics, vietnam, bolivia, etc)

Episode was phenominal. I can't wait for the documentary to come out....Senna piece really teared me up :frown:

What happened to Honda.... they used to be great

What happened to Honda.... they used to be great

There is a thread talking about protesting the headquarters in Torrance. I think we need to tie them down and watch this video for some re-inspiration. They've obviously lost touch from the company they were back then.

Yes, this was one of the all time great Top Gear episodes.

I did not follow F1 (or any motor sport for that matter) until AFTER I became a NSX owner. That said, having followed the NSX since before it debuted, I was familiar with Honda's success in F1, Senna's involvement with the NSX, and that many considered him one of the best drivers of all time. I did not fully appreciate what it meant to be a race car driver until I did a couple stints in shifter karts, enjoyed a few HPDEs with my NSX, attended JGTC and ALMS races, and started following F1.

And I'm providing this back story because, despite not REALLY knowing that much about Senna, I got emotional watching the tribute!

Last edited:
Back