• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top Speed Auto Headers, anyone here use them or have a review?

Thinking to try this on my NSX....saw a post and video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAM1kfzBKE&feature=youtu.be

I'm thinking of teaming this up with my GT5.1 exhaust. Right now I have stock headers and cats but really want to open up the exhaust note since right now my "fun" car is quieter than my DD which is a big problem :(

What is the quality of this header?

Owners please chime in!

Hi,

installed a used set that Brian (Prospeed) sold me... no issues installing.

The exhaust note becomes higher ... but i upgraded from my 3.0 boat anchor ones...
your 3.2 already have good ones from factory... your power gain will be short, but you
sure will have a higher note.

Nuno

No modifications required. Had them on for years with no issues. No comparison to LF's headers in terms of build quality or (most likely) performance, but theres nothing wrong with the Top Speed headers.

had them on mine for years! no problems, bolted straight on with no modifications

ok, they are the budget end of the market, but build quality is good, sounds stronger, better bottom end torque, but that's not difficult compared to the boat anchor cast irons ones

Only issue on mine were a small leak in the middle of the collector. Source1 fixed it right up.. no modification during installation. ? Been on for 3yrs ish..

I have had them on for a year and a half and never had a problem, they look high-end and the welds weren't bad!!!

They are thin and light 18g stainless (probably low grade), flanges are mild steel so the flanges rust over the long term. The thin walled piping yields a raspy resonance, on a NA1 your butt will notice a difference in power, NA2 idk. I don't like rasp, but a turbo eliminates rasp so I'm keeping mine for now till I make myself a proper set.

Back