• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

top speed

is the top speed the same for the na1 and na2? 168mph?

have any of you ever got it that high?

what's the fastest you've been?:smile:

Synthesis said:
is the top speed the same for the na1 and na2? 168mph?

have any of you ever got it that high?

what's the fastest you've been?:smile:
haha

Do u work for
chphead-new.jpg
by anychance? :wink:

Top speed for the '91-96 five-speed and '97-01 six-speed are reportedly 168 mph, and for the '02-05 six-speed, 175 mph.

this might interest u

Highest speed achieved and in what car?

saw this pix in the prime gallery: "Andreas"
3736astepniczka.jpg

man. i wish there was a stretch of freeway something simillar to German Autobahn here in USA :rolleyes:

Wasn't it said the NSX could go up to 186mph. I remember reading it somewhere. Also I'm not mistaking it with 168mph just to clarify. Don't want people to say must of mistaken it with 168mph.

Midnight_Raven said:
Wasn't it said the NSX could go up to 186mph. I remember reading it somewhere. Also I'm not mistaking it with 168mph just to clarify. Don't want people to say must of mistaken it with 168mph.

Using this handy handy gear ratio calculator we see that with using (NA2 specs) a rear tire size of 245/40-17 and a 6th gear ratio of 0.717 and an 8000 RPM redline, the theoretical top speed of the car is 186.56 MPH.

In real life this is limited by drag. To overcome this drag and be able to reach the "mechanical" limit of the car is a complicated formula involving many variables which I'm guessing would probably take close to an additional 200 HP.

P.S. This is officially my 2000th post! I think I'll go toss off and go back to sleep. :biggrin:

2kposts.jpg

Hugh said:
Using this handy handy gear ratio calculator we see that with using (NA2 specs) a rear tire size of 245/40-17 and a 6th gear ratio of 0.717 and an 8000 RPM redline, the theoretical top speed of the car is 186.56 MPH.

In real life this is limited by drag. To overcome this drag and be able to reach the "mechanical" limit of the car is a complicated formula involving many variables which I'm guessing would probably take close to an additional 200 HP.

P.S. This is officially my 2000th post! I think I'll go toss off and go back to sleep. :biggrin:

2kposts.jpg

Welcome back Hugh!

:cool:

I've had the car up to slightly over 280 kph on the tacho which would translate into around 174 mph. Car has 17/18 wheels and is also lowered.

Since then I've added Taitec headers, Cantrell AIS, done some basic weight reduction but have not had the time yet to try my topspeed again.

haha, just read the other post.... you guys are nuts.. i've only hit like 125, but that's cause i'm afraid of the po po.

Hugh said:
Then what does this make me? :biggrin:

speedo.jpg

Psychotic... because not only are you going 220, not only are you doing it on a bike, but that you actually have the balls to take a hand off and take a picture at that speed. I'd say you are a fruit loop of the highest order. :biggrin:

Hugh said:

2kposts.jpg

You mean 255/40/17, right? So a boosted NSX at around 450 HP should hit that no problem.

You've got to love the CBR1100xx, I'm a pervious owner of one and miss it, a 2000 blackbird.:frown: For safety reasons, I bought the NSX.:biggrin: I do not recommend anyone trying this, but I ran at 150 for about 5-6 second and I’m sure the car would have went faster, when I realized that had someone else with me and decide to back out it. I do not want to be responsibility for hunting the another person, which was a little late anyhow. The car feel very stable and I’m sure would hit it’s reported top speed of 168. My car is pretty much stock. :cool:

Here's mine, taken on a trip to yellowstone earlier this year. Keep in mind that speedometers are notoriously optimistic at these speeds. Car and Driver did a test a few years back of actual speed vs indicated speed with a Viper, 911 Turbo and NSX. The 911 read 20 mph high at top speed, the NSX was 10 or 11 mph high, and the Viper actually read lower than actual, but only by a few mph.

Attachments

• 158 mph-.JPG
    158 mph-.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 497
During over 10 years of ownership, I had over a dozen occasions to take my car over 285 kph. It seems the car doesn't go over 287 kph, because of the wind resistance even though I refrained backing off for over a minute. At 287 kph revs are slightly over 7000 rpm. Mine is stock '91.

I think I have posted this here once before but I remember a very memorable drive back from the Sachsenring racetrack in Eastern Germany with Gerard in his CTSC NSX and me in mine back the Netherlands. We left the hotel around 8:30 am in the center of Chemnitz on a very nice, clear and dry Sunday morning and arrived at my house around 13:00 pm in the afternoon.
Total distance about 750 km or 466 miles in just over 4 hours. And of course the last 100 miles we had to travel at the legal speed limit of 75 mph in Holland.
The three-lane highways were nearly empty when we left and we could drive at speeds between 120-160 mph almost all the time for the first 200 miles.
Stopped twice for fuel and a short break.

Absolutely amazing and not even the slighest hint of nervousness of the car. I am very confident that the car would not have had any trouble at all keeping up that speed for a long long time. Of course, the excellent quality of the highways also helped a lot.

145mph (the actual speed limit) on 6.5K on my poor lude :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ... did a bunch of times ... feels good, just me in a big 3 lane open road .... people miles away .. gf almost broke up later :biggrin:

OScar

How come everyone in the high speed pics has their TCS light on?

Back