• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Rat Reborn into the Yellow Dog!!

Many of you do not know the history of my absence from the NSX scene, both here and on the track. I lost my brakes at the Oak Tree turn at VIR and ended up driving straight into the armco. Lost the front end of the car and had to pay VIR $1500 to repair the damage I had done. Was probably doing over 80mph when I hit. Hans device and belts worked as advertised. Stepped out of the car, cursed and started considering a Miata for a track car.:eek:

Took the car to an expert, Joe Lomoriello at Vince's Autobody Works in Poughkeepsie, NY. Told him my dream and let him do his magic:D

Drove the many hours to pick her up and bring her home :D Finally home. Now time for vinyl!!

finished_angle.jpg

Last edited:
so whats the follow up Garry??????

Damn you guys are impatient:D Pictures posted.

Sorry I missed NSXPO. My tow vehicle decided to melt a wiring harness the week I was leaving for Canada:eek: Oh well :frown:

Awesome. Love the new look! Who came up with the painting scheme/design?

I am glad to hear that you are still in the loop within the NSX community and the go-fast-crack-pipe scene :biggrin:

Lol,,, Gary when I logged on all you had were before pics.The after look sweet.Joe has some very definate ideas about how to "personalize" cars with personality.Sorry we missed you in Canada.

Thanks guys.

I had the original idea for yellow/white/black. One of my employees refined the angular scheme to follow the lines of the car more closely. Joe recommended leaving the black off after seeing just the yellow over the white. The dog is a creation of my brother's.

Car has been mine for 6 yrs now, in one form or another.

Apparently the lines from the resevoir to the master cylinder for the front wheels developed a weak spot that balooned under the increased temps and dropped enough pressure to allow the pedal to hit the floor. That is just a theory. Both masters and lines have been replaced but I have not had her on track yet to test her:eek:

Last edited:
damn, finally we get another nsx track rat in NC and it's the week that i sell my car. would have been fun running with you at vir (cmp, summit, et al)!

Sorry about you selling your car. I used to be a regular at VIR and RA and Roebling. Hope to get back to doing a dozen or more events a year as work allows. At least you had Xavier and Howard Stanton to keep you company.

Sorry about you selling your car. I used to be a regular at VIR and RA and Roebling. Hope to get back to doing a dozen or more events a year as work allows. At least you had Xavier and Howard Stanton to keep you company.

I am an NSX owner and have two dogs...had to put my ole Yellow Lab down about two years ago at ~16.

Anyway, I'm up in Madison (off 220) and would love to see your car in person.
Tom

Lookin' great Gary! Sometimes bad things just happen to good people. Glad to hear that you found someone with heart that saw your dream and got you back in business. :smile:

nice job Gary... I always wondered what happened to ya... glad to see you're comin back

man that must've been scary as heck at Oak tree... :(

Glad to see you and your car are back! I'm glad your harnesses and HANS did their job! I'm hoping to race at VIR next spring, heard its a fun track!
I don't see many NSX's at HPDE's anymore, kudos for representing....:biggrin:

Thanks for the props guys. Rob Morrison is working on the front splitter for me. Just got the old one worked out when I lost the brakes. Finally got a central battery cutoff switch installed, probably a rear diffusor (not sure about balance) and hopefully the fire system at some point. Cage got painted while in NY so it looks better inside. Still needs some gauge work and a proper dash and gps track mapping setup. Just bought Jason Tower's TE37's so I can run monster rubber once the stock rubber wears out. That is if I ever get back on track again.:(

Hrant, I may be in touch about the tires.

Xavier, I am looking forward to seeing you at VIR sometime soon.

Charles, we need to hook up sometime and get some fuel system parts exchanged:D

Looking for a new home:(

PM me for details.

Back