• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Tape?

Just curious, some days when I see you track folks out and about i see you place some kind of tape to cover the mirrors, bumper, etc. I wanted to know what kind of tape you use or is it just painters tape? :confused:

I've seen people use different kinds of tape: duct tape (not recommended, as the adhesive can be a mess to clean off), painter's tape, and "racer's tape" which is similar to painter's tape.

I've seen some groups require it to cover exposed lenses made of glass, which the NSX does not have.

I use blue painters tape quick release no residue.

I prefer some Debbie Gibson, Air Supply and Gordon Lightfoot on mine........oh, wait, not that kind of "track tape", huh?

I prefer some Debbie Gibson, Air Supply and Gordon Lightfoot on mine........oh, wait, not that kind of "track tape", huh?

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" really gets your blood pumping, huh? With the mix you mentioned, I bet there's some Hall and Oates on there, too.

As an aside, the worst concert DVD ever produced has GOT to be a recent one of Air Supply. OMG, it was terrible. They will always be 8th-grade dance music for me.

I use duct tape (actually the brand name is Duck tape) from Walmart for my lower lip. They made different color and it matched my car. Much better and easier solution than remove it from lower bumper and re-spray whenever I got it trashed.

i rather use clearbra on fender, bumper area. it's one thing to protect the car and cleaning it, it's another thing that when you got a rare chance of getting a nice track picture and you car is covered with some sort of unsightly blue tape.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Ummm Debbie Gibson??? :wink::tongue::biggrin:

You can also use 3M Automotive Film. It's white and the same stuff you typically see on new vehicles being shipped. You can order rolls with it in various widths (3" seems to work very well). It's less tacky than any tape, has a slight "stick" to it along with static cling, and comes off QUICK. :)

Back