• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Trailers for sale? Know of a good deal maybe?

Hey all,

Been checking into the forum periodically, not posting much. Track weekends have been scattered. My car caught fire at a NASA event in Joliet. The timing belt cover caught fire after a well-placed exhaust leak developed between the Turbo and Manifold developed. Don't put anti-seize on important exhaust bolts such as these. :mad:

Anyhow, I need a 18' trailer. Anyone know of a good deal, or seen one for sale? Any advice?

I've been looking online and through classifieds. I found one guy in Chicagoland selling one for $1500, history/condition unknown, 2nd owner at least.

Locally I can find a wood deck one for 2300, steel deck for 2600-ish, with dual axle brakes and breakaway brakes. Online I've found the equivalent for about 1800-1900, but a round-trip drive with my SUV to pick one up may not be worth the hassle/mileage/gas.

Joliet weekend summary:

One lap, 1:44.11, just before the fire.
http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file=lap_comp.avi

S2000 360 spin:
http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file=s2k_comp.avi

Fire:
http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file=fire_comp.avi
Alternate: http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTk3NDgzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=

wOTk3MjczNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wOTk3Mjc0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wOTk3Mjc1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Oh, to cover the burn spots on the paint on the hood:

wMTAwNTM0NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Chris F...What the "F"...how bad was the car damaged? glad your alright. I will refrain from any wise ass comments and leave those to T Bell. :biggrin:

NSX 3.0 said:
Chris F...What the "F"...how bad was the car damaged? glad your alright. I will refrain from any wise ass comments and leave those to T Bell. :biggrin:

I'm sure Tom will chime in. :)

Timing belt melted and slipped (no apparent valve damage), that caused the loss of power as far as we can tell. Timing belt cover did most of the burning and is replaced. Timing belt tensioner is replaced. lower passenger motor mount is a little melty, mostly just the Energy Suspension insert. Various bits of wire loom are deformed, not worth replacing. Hood paint, well, you can see that has been fixed ;) Crankshaft position sensor is replaced.

All in all, not too bad! It was back on the road in a week or two.

RP-Motorsports said:
Are you doing the CGI event with us on Sept 12th? I am also thinking of doing the Alpha time trials @ RA Oct 8th and 9th.

I might do the Alfa Romeo thing. I hadn't planned on CGI, but I do need to get to Gingerman someday.

I have an old UHaul trailer that I can sell you...I used it for track events for my SE-R until I bought my Hallmark for my NSX...I live in Naperville, IL...let me know if you are interested...I am sure your integra will fit...

mystican said:
I have an old UHaul trailer that I can sell you...I used it for track events for my SE-R until I bought my Hallmark for my NSX...I live in Naperville, IL...let me know if you are interested...I am sure your integra will fit...

Sweet. I shot you an email via NSX Prime... in case you don't get it, shoot me an email at [email protected]

towing-autotransport.jpg

Is this about what you have? Let me know the specs on it, and if you have a price in mind.

Thanks,
Chris

OK, well it looks like I'm going to buy a new one from either

Total Trailers
515 S Green Bay Rd, Waukegan, 60085

Tom's Trailers Inc (262) 252-4555
N60w16780 Kohler Ln, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

It looks like, for the equivalent trailer (18', wood deck, beaver tail, dual axle brakes, new tires/axles, 7000 GVWR) it's about $1950 at Tom's Trailers, and $2250 at Total Trailers (Texas Bragg).

fwiw, both had car haulers (open and closed) on the lot, Tom's was significantly bigger though.

-Chris

Last edited:
Back