• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transmission question from prospective owner.

Hi,

New to NSX prime but not to car forums. I'm in the market for an NSX (preferably 91, or other early model) and am looking at a couple right now. I went to see one yesterday -- 91, 60k mi, nice cosmetic shape generally, and drives nicely. Very recent valve adjustment and timing belt, and a number of little fixes. Wondering what a grey painted transmission signifies? Rebuild?

Cheers
icebone.

Last edited:
You don't say where you are or where the car is but as you are new to NSX's there is no substitute for a PPI done by a knowledgeable person (like LarryB).
You have no pics of the transmission so all you'll get here are guesses.

Go to the Prime parts for sale forum and search out any posts on parts you think you need.
Also go to one of the many online parts websites and cost out any new parts you think you may need.
As well download a free shop manual from the Wiki.

Do yourself a favor and spend some time on due diligence on the car you are considering buying.

For the record, the transmission was a rebuild but it was done by an Acura dealer at $5,500 cost -- I got the invoice and work order for it. It's actually still under 3 year warranty from them. The car originally was in snap ring range, and eventually went -- so this is probably the best outcome for it. Anyway, Driving Ambition did a very thorough PPI and it's mine now!

Back