• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group Buy True Flush Mount Fixed Headlights for Pre 02

even with dual Bi-Xenon projectors, I still believe the beam pattern will be too narrow. I think it could use some sort of shroud, those projectors look "naked" to me. The beam cutout should also be widened IMO.

I appreciate the seriousness with which you all handle this thread...

I have a large amount of time and money invested in this project. A project that a large group of members on here have expressed their interest in if only someone would make one.

ABS Dynamics made awful looking, poor performing, cheaply made housings and managed to sell dozens of them.

N_Spec made several renderings which were well received albeit dimensionally based in dreamland.

I make lights loosely based off of N_Specs renderings and eliminating all the issues present in the ABS Dynamics lights and hear nothing but negatives and comments about how someone else would have done it different, had they done it.

There are a large number of threads on here where people are complaining that the aftermarket support is seriously lacking when it comes to the NSX community. Yet when someone tries to bring something new and exciting to market, there is no support.

Thanks for your patronage.

This is where the biggest problem lies with your design IMO. It's just TOO narrow. The headlights definitely look better after being painted, but still need more work, specially with the beam pattern which is the most important aspect.

Attachments

• Headlight.jpg
    Headlight.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 294
ImportGuy1208; said:
There are a large number of threads on here where people are complaining that the aftermarket support is seriously lacking when it comes to the NSX community. Yet when someone tries to bring something new and exciting to market, there is no support.

Thanks for your patronage.

Although everyone would benefit from aftermarket support, that doesn't mean people will pony up thousands of dollars for an item that nobody likes. You may have time and monies invested in this but you can't complain about lack of support for a product that simply doesn't appeal to owners.

Possibly if a set were completed/painted/installed and tested it would bring a tad more support. Most won't put a deposit on a product unless it's finished and proven to work.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, this is what happens when you let engineers or accountants take lead and full control of a design related aspect.

You should have asked me to do the 3D model for you. I would have came up with something much more appealing to the eyes. I even said this approach was not that good looking in my very OWN thread. The OEM headlight shape is just not very attractive to work with for a flush style lamp. However, I believe I can come up with a design that is sophisticated and concise with the original NSX design language while working within the constraints of the OEM shape. What you saw before in the thread was me in boredom playing around.

But you then went ahead and used my flawed idea anyways without proper soft testing for feedback. Also, you did not present the product very well either. You could have used better photography, better paint setup, etc. It's all about presentation. The photoshopped pics are not going to help your sales. I hope this first set is the soft testing and you didn't already order/make several more units. Good luck with the sales though. Please understand, I have no negative wishes against you. I only want to help if you are interested.

You have the tools and resources apparently. I have the imagination and modeling capabilities. The 3D/digital realm is my forte. I can/could have come up with multiple takes for this and the customers would then decide which one they like the best before you step forward with such an expensive risk.

This is an invitation to anyone who has the resources and capabilities of CNCing or 3D printing. There is nothing I cannot create with NURBS in the 3D realm. Contact me and I can show you my portfolio :wink:

Im suprised no one has asked to see the underside of these. I would love to see the quality/workmanship that is put into assembling these. Not even sure if these are adjustable.

You guys are assholes.

I love it.

Back