• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

trunk mat question

I have a 92 and bought a trunk mat from a prime member that was suppose to fit. My trunk has a curve in the back and this mat does not. What year is this mat for?

Post a pic of your mat.

I haven't looked at every NSX made, but I strongly suspect they ALL have a curve in them....its required space for a main tire in case of a flat.

Drew

need4speed said:
I have a 92 and bought a trunk mat from a prime member that was suppose to fit. My trunk has a curve in the back and this mat does not. What year is this mat for?

The question you need to have asked the prime member is it an OEM trunk mat or one of mine? It seems to be neither.

Mat looks good but doesn't cover the space. Where can I get one with the curve in it and I guess i'm stuck with this mat that doesn't fit a nsx trunk.

>I have a 92 and bought a trunk mat from a prime member that was suppose to fit.

(implied question: Did I get defrauded? Is this legit?)

Response: Post picture of mat. We don't have enough information.

> My trunk has a curve in the back and this mat does not.
>What year is this mat for?

(implied question: Do different year NSX's have different trunks?)

Response: All factory NSXs have the same trunk size/dimensions.

>Mat looks good but doesn't cover the space.

(Implied question: It appears to be almost exactly like OEM but not quite. Why?)

Reponse: We don't know. Please post picture of the mat in question. We need this picture so we can help you.

>Where can I get one with the curve in it

1. Daliracing.com
2. Ebay
3. Dealer

> and I guess i'm stuck with this mat that doesn't fit a nsx trunk.

Maybe your NSX is the problem? Maybe nothing will fit properly?

response: Please post pic of your NSX trunk space. Heck, please post pic of mat inside your NSX trunk too.

Drew
/I feel like this post is straight out of Pulp Fiction. The part about answering questions and speaking English.

While your mat fits in the trunk, it is not a factory NSX mat. I got mine from Acura when I bought the car in 02, and i had to wait 6 months for it. A factory mat fits the curve, maybe some aftermarket mat also do. Yours does not.

need4speed said:
Here is mat, what NSX does this fit?

I've seen one NSX with the OEM CD Changer mounted in the curve there - due to FI components being placed in the original changer location. Perhaps this was a modified or one-off custom mat for an application similar to that??

-Josh

Looks like OEM, but modified with a lot of care. Is the serging different along the curved area?

Did the person you buy it from have a custom stereo or nav system?

Hopefully, the person who sold it to you will offer up a refund.

Drew
/thanks for the photso

drew said:
Looks like OEM, but modified with a lot of care.
I agree.

Here's what's also funny. Today, the above photo was posted above, of a trunk mat whose shape I had never previously seen:

attachment.php

Last night, another topic (this one) was created asking about a car with a particular VIN for sale on eBay. This afternoon, Bill (leatherseats.com) posted in that topic that there is another car for sale on eBay with the same VIN. The eBay listing for that second car (with a questionable pedigree, BTW) includes the following photo of its trunk. Does the shape look familiar? ;)

42_4.JPG

Last edited:
Need4Speed-

Where in Mississippi are you located? I'm originally from the Columbus area, and have only seen one NSX there, and very few here in Nashville. Your last name isn't I**s by chance? Left out the other two letters, as some people are really weird about posting their names on the Internet. If so, small world.

nsxtasy said:
I agree.

Here's what's also funny. Today, the above photo was posted above, of a trunk mat whose shape I had never previously seen:

Great info, but in this pic, the mat is obviously tucked underneath the amp. I probably missed some nuance of this thread.?.

neuralpathways said:
I probably missed some nuance of this thread.?.
My point is that someone must have done a similar modification to his NSX as the one in the second photo, but decided to trim the trunk mat to fit. (My other point is that it was ironic that both photos appeared on the same day.)

The stock trunk mat is shaped to cover the entire floor of the trunk, including the curve (which is designed to fit a full-size tire in the event you have to use the spare).

need4speed said:
but I'm sure he knew this was not the right mat when he sold it to me.

No, I did not know that it was not the right mat when I sold it to you three months ago (or almost four months ago now that it's July). I admit that it was my fault that I did not check out every single mat out there to see if I had a correct mat - I normally do not get to see that many NSXs out there and when I do meet other NSXs, I do not make myself to see if their trunk mats are same as mine. So, I had always thought that it was how it looked since it was the way that came with the car.

However, although I have been nice to you, answering all your questions that came sporadically during this transcation (once a month - no reply or question for a month, and all of a sudden, you send me questions), you are now implying that I was a dishonest seller by saying that "I knew this was not the right mat". Thank you so much for this. :mad:

In regard to shipping, you purchased this item along with one other item three months ago. I paid half of the shipping for both items - you only paid $5 for the shipping. Since it was purchased three months ago, since your package contained other item, and finally, since you did not remedy this problem not when you purchased three months ago, but just now, I thought that it was fair for me to not give you $5 refund.

I am tired of dealing with someone who I was only trying to be nice, yet accuse me that I "knew" about this all along. You are, in effect, accusing me as a dishonest seller which I cannot accept. Now, looking back, I do not know why I even gave you $10 discount on the item that you purchased, and covered half of the shipping in the first place. All I wanted was to be nice to a another NSX member. Thank you for ever saying "Thank you for your time for doing that, Yong". :mad:

I am refunding you everything including shipping and I do not want your mat.
Keep it, throw it away or do whatever you want.

To others who are following this thread:
If you are also interested, I have kept all the PMs between this person and me since March 2005.

I did not mention any names. I assumed I was getting screwed because I was new here and did not know any better. I apologize.!! I did contact you when I recived mat about it not fitting. BUT, I think things like this are best done by PMs. Thats why I posted photos and asked for advice and did not mention any names. I should have not assumed you knew the mat would not fit and for that I PM you and apologized.

Last edited:
TigerNSX said:
No, I did not know that it was not the right mat when I sold it to you three months ago (or almost four months ago now that it's July). I admit that it was my fault that I did not check out every single mat out there to see if I had a correct mat - I normally do not get to see that many NSXs out there and when I do meet other NSXs, I do not make myself to see if their trunk mats are same as mine. So, I had always thought that it was how it looked since it was the way that came with the car.

However, although I have been nice to you, answering all your questions that came sporadically during this transcation (once a month - no reply or question for a month, and all of a sudden, you send me questions), you are now implying that I was a dishonest seller by saying that "I knew this was not the right mat". Thank you so much for this. :mad:

In regard to shipping, you purchased this item along with one other item three months ago. I paid half of the shipping for both items - you only paid $5 for the shipping. Since it was purchased three months ago, since your package contained other item, and finally, since you did not remedy this problem not when you purchased three months ago, but just now, I thought that it was fair for me to not give you $5 refund.

I am tired of dealing with someone who I was only trying to be nice, yet accuse me that I "knew" about this all along. You are, in effect, accusing me as a dishonest seller which I cannot accept. Now, looking back, I do not know why I even gave you $10 discount on the item that you purchased, and covered half of the shipping in the first place. All I wanted was to be nice to a another NSX member. Thank you for ever saying "Thank you for your time for doing that, Yong". :mad:

I am refunding you everything including shipping and I do not want your mat.
Keep it, throw it away or do whatever you want.

I will take the mat. I like to wipe my feet off before I enter the car.

But, seriously, admit it, Yong. After 3500 posts, you decided to rip someone off over a $100 mat. You have turned to the DARK SIDE and have imbalanced the FORCE!!!!! Everyone knows that this NSX board only exists because of predatory behavior by longtime members scamming newbies. I'm only replying here to rack up my post count so that I can rip off some new NSX owner by "accidentally" selling him a shift knob from a Toyota. My PM box is chock full of offers from senior Prime members offering me low interest rate prepaid credit cards, mortgage refinancing, life insurance for my kids, bridges, ponzi schemes, and limited-production dinner plates affixed with the likenesses of personages of varying fame. I know there is no guarantee that they will go up in value, but all the other ones have.

liftshard said:
I will take the mat. I like to wipe my feet off before I enter the car.

But, seriously, admit it, Yong. After 3500 posts, you decided to rip someone off over a $100 mat. You have turned to the DARK SIDE and have imbalanced the FORCE!!!!! Everyone knows that this NSX board only exists because of predatory behavior by longtime members scamming newbies. I'm only replying here to rack up my post count so that I can rip off some new NSX owner by "accidentally" selling him a shift knob from a Toyota. My PM box is chock full of offers from senior Prime members offering me low interest rate prepaid credit cards, mortgage refinancing, life insurance for my kids, bridges, ponzi schemes, and limited-production dinner plates affixed with the likenesses of personages of varying fame. I know there is no guarantee that they will go up in value, but all the other ones have.

your kidding right? :confused:

liftshard said:
My PM box is chock full of offers from senior Prime members offering me low interest rate prepaid credit cards, mortgage refinancing, life insurance for my kids, bridges, ponzi schemes, and limited-production dinner plates affixed with the likenesses of personages of varying fame.
I know you meant that all ironic but we had at least one case in the past where a vendor really sent advertising PMs to Prime members. Don't know what Lud did as punishment.

Reason to leave the forum?

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
your kidding right? :confused:
Of course he is, but what confuses me is that Tiger wants to quit Prime because of this issue here (he posted a "Good bye" in the regional forum). In my eyes there's no reason to quit, Tiger. :confused:

Re: Reason to leave the forum?

NSX-Racer said:
Of course he is, but what confuses me is that Tiger wants to quit Prime because of this issue here (he posted a "Good bye" in the regional forum). In my eyes there's no reason to quit, Tiger. :confused:

I agree with the "no reason to leave", but who am I? I dont think Liftshard was kidding :confused:

Back