• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tubi Group Buy

10163IMG_0566-med.JPG

10163IMG_0564-med.JPG

10163IMG_0561-med.JPG

Its just me or the new Tubi look CHEAP :frown: ...Look kinda like RM exhaust (aka B&B). Will the sound be the same as the old Tubi ? due the different style of the muffler ? please give feedback. I like the OLD model look much better.
Vu...

Last edited:
So what is the final price on the Tubi?
What about the final weight?
Looks a little lighter than the old one, because of the slimmer muffler and less piping.

Sound clips would be nice.
Those tips are the best looking on an NSX, period!
Will they ship to Europe too? I'd hate to ship mine to the US, then back to Europe.

Sound clip please! This looks like an entirely different design. Did they have an NSX to test this exhaust on when they built the new design?

If you read further up the thread and specifically my post of Feb 8, you will see that I did send them my OEM exhasut 2 years ago which they never returned. The intention at the time was to do a new jig and correct the tip-set alignments (both laterally and vertically). It looks from the new photo that they addressed the problem by making the outlet pipe/tips adjustable via the clamps (which by the way look like the very good clamps they use on F and L exhausts). The other difference I notice is that the outside pipes are not polished like the early ones. I would venture to say the "can" (muffler)is the same one used in the past; and that is what makes the good sound.

bboxer said:
If you read further up the thread and specifically my post of Feb 8, you will see that I did send them my OEM exhasut 2 years ago which they never returned. The intention at the time was to do a new jig and correct the tip-set alignments (both laterally and vertically). It looks from the new photo that they addressed the problem by making the outlet pipe/tips adjustable via the clamps (which by the way look like the very good clamps they use on F and L exhausts). The other difference I notice is that the outside pipes are not polished like the early ones. I would venture to say the "can" (muffler)is the same one used in the past; and that is what makes the good sound.

I know they had an OEM exhaust to work off of, that is not the point I was trying to make. There are significant differences between the original Tubi and the new one. The exhaust side piping from the muffler is completely different. I was wondering if they had an NSX to test the sound on?

Also, how can the muffler be the same? It does not even have the same entrance and exit points for the piping. The piping is different length also. I am not saying it is better or worse than the original, I just want to hear it since the changes have been made.

Lastly, the polished piping is nothing that can't be solved in an hour or two with the dremel... :biggrin:

One other thing I would probably do. After the exhaust has "settled" on the car, I would tack weld the piping in place, remove the clamps, and finish weld around the piping. Then you have perfect fitment without the clamps.

JoeSchmoe said:
So now that the test exhaust has arrived... does it fit? Does it sound the same? Is tubi waiting for an answer on fitment?

-- Joe

We also want to know the weight!
-Tony

I would say that the NEW Tubi exhaust is a different design, the muffler has a flat oval shape to it. The pipes come out of the side instead of the middle, the tips appear to be adjustable.
The Tubi in the pic is not polished like the others are, but that doesn't mean that the next set won't be, as this looks like its the prototype or the first one made.

Don D got the first one and he will let Tubi style USA know how it fits, he said he will take lots of pics to post here. The only way to figure out if it sounds different is to have another nsx with a Tubi park right next to Don's car. Then you can video tape it and post the clip.
Anyone near him have a Tubi?

BITeR
Sorry, they won't ship to Europe at all, you have to go through the Tubi rep for that region.

Last edited:
The inside of the tips do have the small holes as the old tips. Looks the same.

Aprox. weight is 33 lbs.

Don't have it on yet, the installer is still trying to locate the gaskets for the extensions. I will call Matt at Euro Tech tomorrow.

You can get the gaskets from a Acura dealer, are the tips adjustable in and out? It looks like it in this pic.
Without unbolting the other pipe?

10163IMG_0566-med.JPG

Hi Guys-

I just got my car back from Comptech yesterday. I posted some dyno #'s I think that you might find interesting. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=418390&postcount=80
I wish you all the best with the "New Style" TUBI. If the performance numbers are better than the old style TUBI then it will be worth the wait

:frown: Bad News, the tubi exhaust did not fit! I sent it back today. They said that they will try to figure out what the problem is and cure it as soon as possible. Don't hold your breath :confused:
It was off a full 30 degrees, etc, and I gave them all the data. I don't know what kind of jig they used? :rolleyes:

Here is one for sale.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48084

I talked to Franc today, he expects the exhaust that Don D is sending back to be at his shop this week. I will be taking my NSX that has the old Tubi on it to there shop, so they can compare the 2 systems and figure out what the problem is. I will take a few pics and let you know what the out come is.

Last edited:
Should a reasonable person expect the product or get your deposit back? :confused:

Back