• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tuning cost

my initial cost was about $400 which was 4 hrs on the dyno. car runs flawlessy. no exageration

Man that's pretty cheap. My local shop quote about 7 to 8 hours to tune mine(turbo) and $150 an hour. I might sell my aem ems and go with fmu so I can tune it myself

Last edited:
I would look for a Tuner that knows the NSX, not one who is the cheapest. Your best bet is do some research in your area and choose a tuner based on skill not price. NSX engines are not cheep!

nobody is suggesting to pick the cheapest tuner but a diff of 200% in price should raise some questions. granted, the best tuner will do a good job in much shorter time than a rookie, which should save you money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would look for a Tuner that knows the NSX, not one who is the cheapest. Your best bet is do some research in your area and choose a tuner based on skill not price. NSX engines are not cheep!

yeah very easy for you to say, how many tuner out there that knows nsx(not just in tx). I rather find a tuner that knows about aem ems. So you would pay someone 1500 bucks to tune your car. I already have couple tuner in mind but they're about 3 o 4 hours away.

Last edited:
I paid 2 hours from start to finish at $200/ hr. If someone tells you it takes 7 to 8 hours to tune your car, they don't know what they are doing. You should ask someone with a similar setup as yours to send you a tune so it will atleast idle when you start.

Rob

I see you're in TX. I have heard excellent things about Tony Palo at T1 Race Development. Here's the contact info:

T1 Race Development, Inc.
5121 Grisham Drive
Suite A
Rowlett, TX 75088
p 214.607.9022
f 214.607.9090
[email protected]

I see you're in TX. I have heard excellent things about Tony Palo at T1 Race Development. Here's the contact info:

T1 Race Development, Inc.
5121 Grisham Drive
Suite A
Rowlett, TX 75088
p 214.607.9022
f 214.607.9090
[email protected]

yeah this is one of the shop I have in mind but it's about 4 and half hours from where I live. I watched him run 10s, then 9s, now 8s on his street integra. Another is Huy from inline in houston or carboy

Last edited:
yeah very easy for you to say, how many tuner out there that knows nsx(not just in tx). I rather find a tuner that knows about aem ems. So you would pay someone 1500 bucks to tune your car. I already have couple tuner in mind but they're about 3 o 4 hours away.

LOL $1500.…Check and see who the people local to you use, and go from there.

Nobody in Tx has a boosted NSX?

I paid 2 hours from start to finish at $200/ hr. If someone tells you it takes 7 to 8 hours to tune your car, they don't know what they are doing. You should ask someone with a similar setup as yours to send you a tune so it will atleast idle when you start.

Rob

I did send pm to 4 people ask about thier basemap but none of them even reply me back. When I'm done I probalby gonna start it up with stock injectors and stock ecu with charge pipe disconnect to check over everything. I only move to here about a year so I don't know anybody here to help me out, all my friend here they're only into beer lol. DO you has basemap for aem ems wants to help me out here. I'll be run 550cc injector and about 7 psi. Thanks

Last edited:
LOL $1500.…Check and see who the people local to you use, and go from there.

Nobody in Tx has a boosted NSX?

all the good tuner are live in houston or dallas. I heard good thing about one guy in austin name justin at tuning concept. But cant ever get ahold of him, I have to make appointment like 2 months ahead.. I probably go with Huy at inline cause all my friend where I used to live( in victoria) go to him

yeah this is one of the shop I have in mind but it's about 4 and half hours from where I live. I watched him run 10s, then 9s, now 8s on his street integra. Another is Huy from inline in houston or carboy

Try getting a hold of Devin here on Prime. He works for AEM, is an excellent reference, would point you in the right direction, and could give you a general estimate as far as tuning time for an AEM EMS. Sounds like you've got some good options already.

Good luck!

Try getting a hold of Devin here on Prime. He works for AEM, is an excellent reference, would point you in the right direction, and could give you a general estimate as far as tuning time for an AEM EMS. Sounds like you've got some good options already.

Good luck!

I did pm him but no reply. This is not the first time he's not reply to my pm, actually he never reply to any of my pm and all of my pm related to aem stuff.

Doc , you worry WAY too much , I have setup many AEM EMS' , the NSX is easier since it is NSX specific , last one I did , I just did basic setup(set tps , select injectors and few other settings) and the car fired right up - less than 15min. you can then drive to your tuner , you need a tuner who is good with AEM , not just nsx .

If you really only want 350hp or so , then run FMU with meth inj. My car is like this, and it works great easy to tune and meth allows you way more margin for error.

Last edited:
I did pm him but no reply. This is not the first time he's not reply to my pm, actually he never reply to any of my pm and all of my pm related to aem stuff.

I know from time to time due to Devin's travel schedule, he doesn't get a chance to get on the forums as much as he'd like.

Give it a little time, Devin at AEM has some of the best customer service I've dealt with!

doc_tai - I was out of town the majority of last week. I just logged on and sent you a reply to your recent PM.

The only other PM I could find from you was back in September of last year. I replied to that PM on 9/29/08 and show a read receipt from you.

As mentioned already in this thread, Tony Palo at T1 and Justin at Tuning Concepts are both excellent AEM EMS tuners.

question for you guys...if i were to get say an AEM EMS for my stock nsx...with proper tuning...how much reliable power (if any) should i expect?

hi mike,
i asked the same question about odbii cars and aem fic and got conflicting answers- so can the fic be used in same fashion? tio fine tune the i/h/e mod?
thx

The fic would not function well for na power. It does not have the ability to properly move vtec engagement correctly and lacks the ability to advance the timing. these two are where you will see a good amount of power. Nsx's typically run a little lean at WOT you will see power by giving it some more fuel. You also have control over the air flaps in the intake manifold which will also net some power.

Back