• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo/Supercharged NSX Owners

baynsac

Is it wishfull thinking to think you can daily drive a Turbo or Supercahrged NSX? I daily drive my car and was going to boost it up to 5-6 psi and still daily drive it. Am I dreaming or is it going to just fine ?

5 to 6 psi is not that much and shouldn't be a problem for a supercharger. A turbo might be a little more wear and tear on your engine depending on the power curve. Still I do think you can have a daily driver with low boost.

I have turbo 380 whp, I drove the nsx more than I drove my truck last year. I put around 7000 miles on my car last year ( only 5000 on the truck). My stock clutch still hold up just fine

Shouldn't be a problem. The great thing about a turbo is you don't have to get on it. If you stay under boost, the car will drive much like N/A and you won't notice that much of a difference.

I bet at 6psi , you could drive the piss out of your car on the street every day for years without too many issues.

I drive my car pretty hard (425whp @7psi) and I seem to get the feeling like whatever I throw at it, it just shrugs at me...

AND BTW, IMO the supercharger is harder on the motor on the street due to certain things like:

(a) the boost curve comes up faster at low revs (if you drive it WOT at low revs you are a dummy)

(b) The charger makes/contains more heat atop the engine

I know I have just opened myself up to an ass kicking from S/C owners... it's OK - I'm tough:wink:

Last edited:
I daily drive my 91 NSX 300-400 miles per week.It is turbocharged and runs 10 lbs of boost.You need to know that a turbocharged car,when not under any boost ,runs and drives like a stock car.The problem is, it is very hard to not use the power that the turbo can produce, not because you have to, but because you want to.My car produces 500 whp on pump gas and 600 whp on race gas.

These are strong motors. If maintained and tuned properly you will have no major issues

+1

No matter what you boost, if you have a tuner that can not tune properly, any engine will eventually seize up.

And I think that's the last thing you want is to dump all this money into a turbo/supercharge setup and have the car died on the dyno.

Back