• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

turning a non turbo nsx into a supercharged one

I keep finding pretty good deals on non turbo NSX's and I figure I could save a few bucks if I take a non turbo nsx and comptech supercharge it. The problem is this possible and is it a good idea to do?

First of all, there NEVER have been a factory NSX with turbo. Except for a few specifically built racing models for the Le Mans 24hr races.

Concerning supercharging, yes, that is in fact an excellent idea. If you look in the supercharged forum you will find tons of info on the Comptech supercharger for the NSX. Many people have done it with excellent results.

I think the OP is referring to the NSX-T as a turbo model, and the NSX as an NA model.

>> There has never been a turbo NSX.
Factory one, no.
Aftermarket, yes.
Lovefab makes Turbo kit for NSX.
Go to youtube.com, search "Turbo NSX", and you will see a bunch of them.

I agree. I think the OP was talking about NSX-T, not turbo NSX.

Ski, the secret to unleashing the turbo is to put the secret cassette into the deck. That activates it. What did you think that slot was for, musical tapes?

Ski, the secret to unleashing the turbo is to put the secret cassette into the deck. That activates it. What did you think that slot was for, musical tapes?

Whaaa, oh you're talking about the iPod adaptor slot. Had me confused for a minute.

Bio----- your funny hehe..look ma no hands:eek:

LOAD "nsx.c64",8,1

Ski, the secret to unleashing the turbo is to put the secret cassette into the deck. That activates it.
Yep. I got a turbo upgrade cassette kit from eBay. It mostly gives you better A/F, but the cool thing is you can custom program it with your Commodore 64 and Datasette 1530 peripheral.

In fact, I bought a few blank tapes and loaded them with different boost profiles (high boost for street racing, standard boost for cruising, etc). It's pretty much the best bang-fo-yo-buck mod for the stock turbo NSX.

Attachments

• commodore-c64c.jpg
    commodore-c64c.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 81

LOL... I knew it was there for a reason!!!

the datasette is exactly correct. But dont pull that tape out too soon (min of 5 minutes) or else youll only get half the profile in.

As a tip, i like to write where the profiles are on the boost inserting tape based upon the analog counter on the dataset. The only tricky thing is that when i get rev'd on, that it takes a few minutes for me to get ready to rev back. But watch out when I do! They dont make them like they used to.

Long live the vic20!

This thread has no hope. :biggrin:

Never had a running chance. :tongue:

This thread has no hope. :biggrin:

Never had a running chance. :tongue:

110636.jpg

I keep finding pretty good deals on non turbo NSX's and I figure I could save a few bucks if I take a non turbo nsx and comptech supercharge it. The problem is this possible and is it a good idea to do?

Translation: I’m 13 and want attention.

wow I forgot I posted this thread I had a few friends tell me the T meant Turbo in the past thats why I always thought that now that I know a lot more about this car this shit is really funny to read

Back