• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TV screen + DVD added to OEM H/U

I just finish installed the monitor + dvd changer w/
the OEM H/U by using the Blitzsafe converter, and
I mount the mon where the clock used to be, I
reckon it looks much better rather than put it direct
on top of the dashboard, so if ppl doesn't wanna spend
on the navpod u can do it like this too I guess . . . . .

cheers :)

Attachments

• TV screen.JPG
    TV screen.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 772
  • TV screen (1).JPG
    TV screen (1).JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 747
robr said:
did that unit replace the stock changer? it's not an alpine, how can the headunit control it for playing CDs?

I changed the stock changer w/ clarion dvd changer, means OEM H/U can't control the changer, on the H/U when you are on CD changer mode its become AUX I/P since I'm using the converter from Blitzsafe, but the clarion has got the I/R to control the dvd changer, so I control the dvd using the
remote that come w/ the clarion, hope this will make it clear for you

cheers

NSXSan,
Would that monitor swirl at high speed!? :D
Cheers too Mate!

NSXMF, are you kidding ? the mon its just fine
nothing swirl or move, anyway I've got the navpod now
it looks much better
cheers

Navpod

Attachments

• navpod.sml.jpg
    navpod.sml.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 665
Cool :D I want one too! :) Did you get yours from SOS? By the way, that Navpod only fit a 6.5" screen right?
Take care ;)
David Tram

the navpod will fit a 7" 16:9 screen if the dimensions of the screen casing aren't too huge. check out xenarc.com and look at their 7" screen. the dimensions of that unit are about as large as you can go. i bought a VGA starvision screen, the screen fits fine, but the case was way too big, so i had to remove it from the case and have a custom mounting job done.

By the way, that Navpod only fit a 6.5" screen right?

NSXMF, as robr mention the navpod should fit 7" as long as the casing is not big, but if you want to be safe just get the 6.5" :) , yes I got that from SOS
thanks

Nice setup. Can you give me the model of your monitor that you have? Thanks

turbosgt said:
Nice setup. Can you give me the model of your monitor that you have? Thanks

the model its PIONEER AVD-W6210, its a touchscreen too

The only thing I would point out is that the actual screen size is not very big compared to the bezel - My Alpine TME-760 has more viewing area. Of course it's not touch screen but the new TME-770 is.

yes, D'Ecosse was right . . .
I just use this mon because I had it for a while already rather then spend on the new one ;)

NeoNSX said:
Looks great!
When can we get to see it in person? ;)

anytime NeoNSX, hopefully on the next meeting, and I just installed the coolant tank looks much better now, no white plastic bottle . . .

PM sent

NSXsan said:
anytime NeoNSX, hopefully on the next meeting, and I just installed the coolant tank looks much better now, no white plastic bottle . . .

Any pix of the coolant bottle? (especially of your engine-bay mesh which i really liked. ok, i thought your mesh job looked fully awesome :D )

I think that was one of the things i said without thinking when we met in Sydney (or did i think it and not say it? :confused: ) ... changing the coolant bottle. The plastic white cheapens the superb job you did on the enginebay mesh.

AUSSIE NSX OWNERS RULE! :cool:

Back