• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two Corvettes eat it in Houston

I'll never understand why people hate on Corvettes after watching this video.

None of that was the car's fault- just the idiots driving them.
How this video = "Corvettes suck" completely escapes me, but that seems to be a common thought process all across these internetz.

This begs the question: What car is fool proof? Nissan GTR? Then people say "it doesn't require any skill" to drive. Are NSXs magical and fool-proof? Nope.

This sort of thing is a symptom of an area where there is a lot of money for performance cars but just average drivers driving them, while thinking they have something to prove.

I took our NSX out in the same area where this video happened just yesterday, and sure enough some jack-hole in a Camaro sped on by me in the right lane and then cut me off, then jumped back over into the right lane looking to line up with me at the upcoming stoplight.

I just put on my left turn signal.

The guy in the C6 would have been better off if he had done the same.

According to an LS1GTO forum member that claims to be the first police man to arrive at the scene of the crash (via Jalopnik), the police has prepared a solid case against the two.

They both tried to tell me they weren't racing. The C5 claimed to be pushing 600rwhp... He claimed he dumped the clutch and thats why he lost control. Lol.
[...]
Well, the driver on the left was 23 and called his parents immediately. As soon as we placed him in cuffs his mom started screaming to go to the hospital. So we sent him to the hospital and decided to cut the other guy loose due to the kid not going to jail. Warrants are being issued for both of their arrests now.
[...]
We received [sic] a 911 call (from a witness) saying that a major accident just accused and the other corvette was attempting to leave the scene. And the other vette wasn't drivable. Due to it being a major accident, we have to investigate.

So, it seems that the C6 driver is a mama’s boy, while, according to LS1TECH, the driver on the right is Brian Hebert, a parts scammer. If this is true, then we have another argument for them not deserving to drive Corvettes.

The ignorance of this post is mind boggling.

to be completely fair to Shawn, he appears to be a part of a very vocal majority. You can't find this video posted without someone jeering in "Corvettes suck" or "this is why Corvettes suck" (excepting a Corvette forum of course)

I have no idea how this is the fault of the car and not the driver, but that doesn't stop folks from posting it.

Makes me wonder how many "NSXs suck" posts popped up when that guy ripped his in half out in California a few years back.

P

I think the Corvette attitude comes from two factors.

1. Lots of us are old enough to remember when Corvettes weren't such good cars so even though they may be much improved, their reputation is tainted.

2. There's just so damned many of them.

If they were "wreckless", then we wouldn't be having this thread :tongue:

Well played Sir.

citizen_cane.gif

Well played. :biggrin:

Last edited:
If the corvette can't even stay on the road in a little curve like this, imagine what would happen if it goes thru some twisted back road somewhere. :confused:

Oh don't worry.

That was some extra special driving.

Even my C6Z06 with bald tires handles better than that. :tongue:

Corvettes Suck ass they look good but they suck.
you see more corvettes than you see toyota corrolla's

0-200mph? Let's do it. :tongue:

Last edited:
Seriously, he makes it all the way through launch, and starts swerving for what seems like no apparent reason.

The vett has the low end TQ to spin more then one gear if you put the hammer down two quick. Especially a modified one with the traction control off. Going threw the intersection with all the oil that gets dropped and no rain of TX I'm sure that intersection was just the right amount of slick. Lost the rear and over corrected.

That's my take

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mpqLnNnZ0fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is swearing in this vid.

ZR1 also going left...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mpqLnNnZ0fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is swearing in this vid.

ZR1 also going left...

Looks like someone was drinking milk.

The only reason why I could imagine that it went left is that there is more weight bias on the left of the car (driver, steering wheel, etc.) that might cause the right wheel to spin out briefly before the TCS or LSD cold catch it.

couple that with the instantaneous flat power that comes on quick on a shorter than average car wheel base.

At speeds when the driver isn't prepared (not respecting the power) then it could end up like the videos.

Back