• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two Corvettes eat it in Houston

I wish he kept the video running for another minute or two afterwards, would like to see the post-accident results from the retards.

wow...interesting that the guy happened to have his camera on at the same time. Guys in the corvettes must have been twats earlier prompting the camera action...

Plates are visible too. Wonder what the insurance companies think!

Last edited:
I could hardly pay attention to the video because of the sound of the camera man chewing his gum with his mouth open.

If the corvette can't even stay on the road in a little curve like this, imagine what would happen if it goes thru some twisted back road somewhere. :confused:

imagine what would happen if it goes thru some twisted back road somewhere. :confused:

He'd lose you.... :wink:

I track with a lot of Corvettes and the problem in this video definitely wasn't the car. Like it or not, the Corvette is a awesome handling car (when not driven by some douche bag).

Last edited:
If the corvette can't even stay on the road in a little curve like this, imagine what would happen if it goes thru some twisted back road somewhere. :confused:
Not sure, but the right car lost grip over a small bump for a fraction of a second EDIT or was too harsh on his clutch.
Great, el Camino wide offset of the rear tyres. :D

Last edited:
Corvettes Suck ass they look good but they suck.
you see more corvettes than you see toyota corrolla's

I don't think we should throw rocks really, we are all enthusiasts .. the C5 Mexiflush was in fault ... one day I was driving having fun in the rain @ night, not many people on the road, I had a friend on a Z behind me "trying to keep up" .. although I was driving slower than what i normally do -and even mentioning to my GF that I was concerned about my friend's driving- still somehow he managed to spin, bang walls and almost crash into lots of people, ended up totaling his car ...

I learned after that to aways keep distance from some folks.

Sometimes s***t happens ... but yeah, racing from Red Light was a very, very very bad decision.

Oscar

I don't think we should throw rocks really, we are all enthusiasts .. the C5 Mexiflush was in fault ... one day I was driving having fun in the rain @ night, not many people on the road, I had a friend on a Z behind me "trying to keep up" .. although I was driving slower than what i normally do -and even mentioning to my GF that I was concerned about my friend's driving- still somehow he managed to spin, bang walls and almost crash into lots of people, ended up totaling his car ...

I learned after that to aways keep distance from some folks.

Sometimes s***t happens ... but yeah, racing from Red Light was a very, very very bad decision.

Oscar

When you drive in nyc, you need to stay away from most people on the road because they will run into you.

You know you are in a great street racing area when a dad with his kid on a bicycle, several joggers, and a bicyclist all go in front of you while you are waiting at a red light prior to the launch. Idiots; looks like it took place in the woodlands.

Nothing is worse than that gum chewing. I didn't even care about the video. Holy cow that's beyond annoying. As far as the video...if the C6 woulda stayed on it he probably would have cleared the C5 coming back towards him.

Exactly what I was thinking. They were racing for about 5-6 seconds according to the video so speed could not have been much over 75.

Nothing is worse than that gum chewing. I didn't even care about the video. Holy cow that's beyond annoying. As far as the video...if the C6 woulda stayed on it he probably would have cleared the C5 coming back towards him.

Last edited:

Not even comparable. On a track (even AutoX), you're supposed to drive towards the limits of your car's (and your) abilities. Sometimes those get exceeded, regardless of driver or car.

The guys in the OP's video are just idiots, plain and simple. It could have been any two cars, but the fact that they're both silver Vettes makes the outcome all the more hilarious.

Seriously, he makes it all the way through launch, and starts swerving for what seems like no apparent reason.

Back