• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two F1 Champs/Two NSX owner

dxd

Experienced Member
Senna and now Button have both owned NSX's. Not sure if there is another car that has that statistic. Might be more but these two for sure.

Pretty cool stuff!

Not an F1 champion, but a driver, don't forget about Zanardi.

Honda is still giving out NSX's to IRL drivers. I know that the Rapha Matos just got one.

anyone know when/where/if one of these racer-owned cars has come up for sale?

anyone know when/where/if one of these racer-owned cars has come up for sale?

Paul Tracy sold his a few years back.

A quick search at work (i.e. most sites are blocked) found these famous NSX owners...

Aryton Senna,
Alex Zanardi,
Eddie Jordan,
Rick Mears,
Gordon Murray,
Keichi Tsuchiya,
Steve Amgwert,
Bobby Rahal,
Paul Tracy,
Jimmy Vasser,
Jenson Button...

add more if you know any.

This to Doc,

Now what's this about Honda giving out NSXs still? I'm very curious about that. Why would they do that - are these drivers of their race cars?

Paul Tracy sold his a few years back.

add more if you know any.

Interesting, did he turn it into a "rat-rod" too?:biggrin:, faux rust, whitewalls and baby-moon hubcaps?

Also Alain Prost has got one and has been sold in belgium in 2000

Greetings Frank

This to Doc,

Now what's this about Honda giving out NSXs still? I'm very curious about that. Why would they do that - are these drivers of their race cars?

He won 2009 rookie of the year, drives for a good team, and the IRL runs Honda motors exclusively. :wink:

Last edited:
Interesting, did he turn it into a "rat-rod" too?:biggrin:, faux rust, whitewalls and baby-moon hubcaps?

I saw this car in person about 2 years ago at Dali Racing's Boostzilla Open House event in San Diego. A owner here on Prime picked it up when it went for sale.

It had a comptech supercharger and a crazy aftermarket sound system. It had Wings West side skirt and rear spats. I think he had a Procar NSXR spoiler on it. Brembo brakes. 18/19 Falken Rims.

Senna and now Button have both owned NSX's. Not sure if there is another car that has that statistic. Might be more but these two for sure.

Pretty cool stuff!

One of the 2 drivers was a 3x world champion driving a car powered by Honda.
The other a journeyman who happened to be in the right place at the right time, winning a world championship in a car powered by Mercedes.

Just my perspective (and opinion) about Button, I guess. Zanardi was a multiple year Champ Car Champion.

MINER

Didn't PD Cunningham own one as well as raced the RTR Acura NSX. For awhile think it was the most winningest car in SCCA

Well, both were given to from Honda. I'm sure Senna enjoyed the car considering the mileage on it, but Button was probably more of a company car.

Back