• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S Announced

.............so we have rule breakers....I hate that....

Wait. They shipped the car from the PMC directly to your house? It didn't have to be delivered to the dealer first?

I wonder if they will have the same option on the 2022s.

This is all very interesting in terms of what the actual level of demand really is... I reached out to 3 dealers soon after the press release. One said that they had a car/allocation but they had already configured it. They had no choice because if they hadn't done it by that first Friday, they would have lost a slot. They offered that car to me. So clearly that was a car that was "ordered" without a real customer. But they told me I couldn't change the configuration. I'm not sure how many of these exist. I'm also not sure why Acura pressured dealers to place that initial order on that first Friday -- of course some of this would happen. Or maybe they didn't and this guy was lying? I have no idea. I placed a separate order with another dealer who let me configure my car, and told me that I was #2 from their shop and likely to get a car. Let's see what happens...

that would be unfortunate if true..but it smells of conspiracy theory to think that the top dealers were "told" to order on day 2 to give the impression of a hotcake...the fomo theory

This is all very interesting in terms of what the actual level of demand really is... I reached out to 3 dealers soon after the press release. One said that they had a car/allocation but they had already configured it. They had no choice because if they hadn't done it by that first Friday, they would have lost a slot. They offered that car to me. So clearly that was a car that was "ordered" without a real customer. But they told me I couldn't change the configuration. I'm not sure how many of these exist. I'm also not sure why Acura pressured dealers to place that initial order on that first Friday -- of course some of this would happen. Or maybe they didn't and this guy was lying? I have no idea. I placed a separate order with another dealer who let me configure my car, and told me that I was #2 from their shop and likely to get a car. Let's see what happens...

I ran to my dealer the day after the press release and supposedly got their second allocation. They called me that night and said "Acura needs your configuration tonight!". Taken aback, I asked about having the night to decide what color and options I wanted. They said "Sorry, we have to submit it tonight". There wasn't time to even run down to the dealer to sign anything. They had me respond to a text and that was supposedly their confirmation of a "digital signature". I then received an email with an excel document that showed my options, name, phone, charges, and whether I had selected Gotham Grey. I was shocked Acura would push so hard to have them in right then.

Agree with you 100% but when some dealers figured out the demand later on,they began taking advantage and capitalizing. I'm almost include to post the dealer names and who much they were asking, but I'm afraid it may piss off a lot of them off and have them the post taken down.

If the dealership is telling you they want X over MSRP then that is now public knowledge and if they don't want that information out in the world tough cookies. If information is true, no amount of pleading or threats will make me take down a post. There are some very good lawyers in the community that I'm sure would have a field day with a dealership trying to force us to take down true factual information.

^ +1 seems like they ordered the Gotham to try to flip it as a text surely isn’t the legal definition of a digital signature.

Did you even give them the 10k deposit ?

Sad to see the dealerships doing what dealers do even though Honda tried to stop it.

My local rep told me they were supposedly reviewing the accounting and checks to confirm not straw purchases, but how can you even stop that if you wanted.

Last edited:
^ +1 seems like they ordered the Gotham to try to flip it as a text surely isn’t the legal definition of a digital signature.

Did you even give them the 10k deposit ?

Sad to see the dealerships doing what dealers do even though Honda tried to stop it.

My local rep told me they were supposedly reviewing the accounting and checks to confirm not straw purchases, but how can you even stop that if you wanted.

I did give them the $10k deposit that morning. I have the receipt from the transaction. The excel spreadsheet that says "2022 NSX Type S" on the top has my specs. I wanted Red and picked black as the alternate. The bottom of that doc has a header that says "NSX TEAM" and the fields are (Time/Date Received, $10,000 deposit confirmed, Gotham Gray Selected _NO_, Production Month _Not Set_)

New here and in the pool waiting to hear more if I get an allocation. Im getting more irritated with the idea of a markup. Sad to have this as my first post here (I was excited to see the type s reveal on a good note). What other markups are people seeing out there? Part of me doesnt feel too bad because I know dealers are missing out on new inventory sales with the chip shortage...

Yep dealerships are literal ghost towns...buyers wandering with empty lots...many of the showroom cars are certified preowned..spooky...ADM's are somewhat zipcode driven..

Yep dealerships are literal ghost towns...buyers wandering with empty lots...many of the showroom cars are certified preowned..spooky...ADM's are somewhat zipcode driven..

Maybe I just should suck it up. Im not looking at an oppressive $100k more. The MSRP was alot lower than I predicted.

So this waitlist begins 9/1? Anyone that didnt get an initial dealer allocation hear anything?

I ran to my dealer the day after the press release and supposedly got their second allocation. They called me that night and said "Acura needs your configuration tonight!". Taken aback, I asked about having the night to decide what color and options I wanted. They said "Sorry, we have to submit it tonight". There wasn't time to even run down to the dealer to sign anything. They had me respond to a text and that was supposedly their confirmation of a "digital signature". I then received an email with an excel document that showed my options, name, phone, charges, and whether I had selected Gotham Grey. I was shocked Acura would push so hard to have them in right then.

Same thing happened to me. But I was ready to order ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the ONLY way anyone can get this car if if they left a deposit and followed the process... If lets say there is an actual straw buyer, and he backs out it goes to the next person on the list that will accept that particular configuration (model/specs), no one can give their allocation to anyone outside that list., Even with that I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of cancellations (*insert for what4ever reason) so of the 450+ orders, the number will drop as some will fall out.

I don't think anyone is going to hear anything until the 09/01... The next meeting is on Tuesday (08/31) following build dates for the first 100 batch.

This guy says he was called today by Acura concierge confirming they have his request for an NSX. He went to a dealer that didn't have a guaranteed allocation. According to one of his videos he put in a deposit for a regular NSX around March 2020 and was never able to get a car but had them apply his deposit towards the NSX instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY7FVbj6pzQ

The ONLY way anyone can get this car if if they left a deposit and followed the process... If lets say there is an actual straw buyer, and he backs out it goes to the next person on the list that will accept that particular configuration (model/specs), no one can give their allocation to anyone. ACURA are controlling that, so if anyone backs out, it goes to the next person on the List.
That being said, I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of cancellations (*insert for whatever reason*) so of the 450+ orders, the number will drop as some will fall out.

Who gave you the figure of 450+ orders? Just curious. And did they cut off ordering on August 17 as has been mentioned in this forum? Thanks. I must say that this has been a pretty tense and somewhat nerve-racking process thus far. lol.

Last edited:
as long as the dealer had an allocation and a particular client committed to the order than there was no rush to get it done in 2 minutes....as long as it was submitted before 9/1...

as long as the dealer had an allocation and a particular client committed to the order than there was no rush to get it done in 2 minutes....as long as it was submitted before 9/1...

Unless Gotham Gray was selected…then it was a mad dash.

Last edited:
between us girls......gotham hides the lines and reduces the carbon contrast...imho the matte paint thing is a fad....time will tell...

I had my order in the night of the release (and ideally submitted the following morning). I never got a call although I let all non-local incoming calls go to voicemail. I did directly contact the customer support for the NSX and chatted with the guy there. This whole process is really annoying.

Back