• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

UFC 112 aka 'Easy Money'

Been awhile since i've posted UFC picks, i'm thinking this one should be called 'Easy Money' because (though the card is fairly stacked) it looks to me like most of the fights will be easier to predict. I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend some wagers, here's my picks to help you fellas out in these harsh economic times :wink:.....

-Anderson Silva over Demian Maia (Demian's never seen anything like Anderson)
-B.J. Penn over Frankie Edgar (via domination, )
-Matt Hughes over Renzo Gracie (pains me to even type that one)
-Rafael Dos Anjos over Terry Etim (tough to pick)
-Mark Munoz over Kendall Grove (someone takes a nap)
-Phil Davis over Alexander Gustafsson (Davis is a stud)
-Paul Taylor over John Gunderson (Taylor has solid KB, but lacks speed)
-Rick Story over Nick Osipczak (Story surprises me)
-Brad Blackburn over DaMarques Johnson (Bad Brad looks to land a bomb)
-Paul Kelly over Matt Veach (Kelly is a tough dude, he'll grind out a win)
-Mostapha Al-Turk over Jon Madsen (Mos' last chance to shine)

I'm thinking out of your top 3 there will be at least 1 upset. Based on that, with the longshot odds that they probably are it might not be worth the risk.

I'd say Renzo has a good chance to beat Matt. The pessimist in me sees Demian knowing that he has to stick to what he knows instead of trying to stand with Anderson. Long shot for him to beat Anderson but it's possible and given the tenure of Anderson's reign, he's ripe to get complacent.

-Matt Hughes over Renzo Gracie (pains me to even type that one)

I was very saddened when Matt beat Royce Gracie four years ago (also lost some bets on that one). I would LOVE to see Renzo get a win here. Renzo claims to be doing a lot of training for this. Could be interesting.

I don't see Penn or Silva having much trouble with their opponents. Florian (not Frankie) is the next best fighter in Penn's division, but Penn has had no trouble with him.

I'm probably going to miss this one. I'm on Rapid City SD staying with a relative that does not have cable...

Bummer because I like to watch Anderson Silva fight

No, you don'thaveto miss it, just watch it delayed:
http://www.mma-core.com/

That's what I'm going to do. I just saved some folks a bunch of money :)

Matt Hughes is a freaking animal. That guy is twice as strong as the STRONG fighters are at that weight. To quote Hughes, "He's 43 and says he feels like 18, he's not going to feel like 18 when he comes out of the ring with me."

I was very saddened when Matt beat Royce Gracie four years ago (also lost some bets on that one). I would LOVE to see Renzo get a win here. Renzo claims to be doing a lot of training for this. Could be interesting.

I don't see Penn or Silva having much trouble with their opponents. Florian (not Frankie) is the next best fighter in Penn's division, but Penn has had no trouble with him.
You are the first person I heard of that bet on Royce.

Ummm...yeah...interesting night of fighting. BJ Penn seemed off...Silva seemed to turn it off after 2 rounds...

Someone check their bank accounts...me thinks they were bought off by all the oil money...:confused:

Honestly i think it's more embarrassing that they have to keep putting silva against "non-contenders" . His frustration is that he trained so hard for what? a pity fight... We like to see beat-downs but not for main events... we wanna see a great back & forth fight for 5 rounds

Gracies are all done.. Sakuraba (Gracie Killer)

I'm thinking out of your top 3 there will be at least 1 upset.

You were right, I did not expect B.J. to lose to a '45er, but clearly they gave it to Frankie on activity. Penn could've taken it to the floor and closed the show, but he didn't even consider it. I can't explain Anderson though, I guess he's just bored. He wasn't gassed like Rogan said.

That being said....the Munoz/Grove fight was awesome, what a comeback, this dude drops thunder on ppl.

Silva was a complete @$$. He'll get disciplined and I'd kick him out if I was Dana White..

I agree. I lost all respect for him. I hope St Pierre puts him in his place.

I like most others was also very disappointed with the main fights. I sat watching, thinking the whole time ... what the heck is this ...

I like most others was also very disappointed with the main fights. I sat watching, thinking the whole time ... what the heck is this ...

+1

RENZO getting helped to stand up??? .... WTF????

Silva running around like Rupaul?

weird...

You were right, I did not expect B.J. to lose to a '45er, but clearly they gave it to Frankie on activity. Penn could've taken it to the floor and closed the show, but he didn't even consider it. I can't explain Anderson though, I guess he's just bored. He wasn't gassed like Rogan said.

That being said....the Munoz/Grove fight was awesome, what a comeback, this dude drops thunder on ppl.

Penn was the upset I least expected. I was really thinking Renzo was going to be the lone upset but he had it going early and lost it later on. More and more we're seeing the MMA fighters abandoning their roots and trying to become standup knockout artists. BJ looked so much bigger and stronger than Frankie and like you said probably could have obliterated him on the ground. But he stood up, trying to hit him with big shots but Frankie's just too elusive and actually got the cleaner shots. Huge setback there because Frankie will be the most boring champion in UFC history.

Silva looked like he could have taken out Maia in round 1 easily. But how many times have we seen in boxing where a guy is leading a fight then starts to run around in the later rounds. I was much more upset watching Anderson run away then when he was pissed off at Demian for not engaging. I remember reading that Silva said Demian disrespected him. In the cage before the fight, I couldn't see how Demian could have been more respectful. Anderson's ego is really getting the best of him... First he tries to call out Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match, even his trainer Freddie Roach wasn't giving him a chance in that fight. Now he's thinking of fighting heavyweights or stepping down to fight GSP.

I like to watch Anderson Silva fight

That "fight" should have been stopped in the 4th as a no-contest. What a disappointment.

as posted above, I was a fan. Now I have seriously lost some respect for Silva after that fight. I would not be surprised if Dana tells him he has to jump up to 205 or he is done in the UFC. I also wouldn't fault him for that decision.

People all over the globe paid to watch that crap. I'm just glad nsxotic911 gave me that link so I could be disappointed for free...

P

This past weekend was proof that title fights don't necessarily make great events.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the Silva fight. I was more disappointed in Penn. BJ had dark circles under his eyes and was never engaged. He was not even on autopilot. As soon as NSXLUVR and I saw BJ step into the ring we knew he was in trouble. BJ must have partied harder than The Iceman before the fight. What a waste of talent.

The Silva fight was as much Dana's fault as Silva's. It's not the first time Silva has done this. Two fights previous he was dancing around like an idiot. Maia kept falling on his back as if Silva would jump down there and start grappling with him. :rolleyes: It wasn't until round five that Maia even engaged Silva. By then Silva was completely over the fight. "Ring Rust" my ass. He was so bored he didn't even wanna fight.

I loved the Matt vs Renzo fight. How awesome was it that Matt kept helping him up so he could knock him out? He could have finished Renzo on the ground as he did with Royce, but he scored a KO on the feet. I don't blame Matt for wanting to do that. Good sportsmanship exhibited by picking him up imo. I never liked Matt until this fight. His gamemanship gained a new fan.

WTF how old is Renzo now?

At least Hughes was not as much of an ass as he was fighting Royce. If it wasn't for Royce he'd be picking corn on his Iowa farm not fighting on PPV. A little more respect would have been nice for a 40 year old guy that paved the way for you and created the arena you fight in.

I'd love to see GSP/Silva.

I don't think Maia was ready for a fight with Silva. He just came off being KO'd by someone with 1/10th the striking skill of Anderson, and Dana throws him in there?

Back