• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

UK gets special edition NSX's?

http://www.autocarmag.com/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=216166

Enthusiasts mourn the passing of two supercar legends this month as Renault and Honda announce the end of production for the outrageous Clio V6 and the still-breathtaking Honda NSX.

The NSX has been on sale since 1990, but the quantity of reworking that will be required for it to meet 2006 emissions regulations means the 270bhp mid-engined coupe’s time has come. An all-new replacement for Honda’s halo model is unlikely to arrive before 2008, but for those who can’t wait that long and wish to join the 18,000 who have already invested in an NSX there is a limited run of 12 end-of-line cars coming to the UK.

The two NSX-T targas at £63.300 and 10 NSX coupes at £60,300 will feature unique colour and trim combinations.

I am not aware that we in the USA are getting anything special from what I have read?

Maybe it's easier for Honda to make derivates from special japanese editions for U.K. because both have RHD. Also no special models for Germany announced - so we're in the same LHD boat.

NSX-Racer said:
Maybe it's easier for Honda to make derivates from special japanese editions for U.K. because both have RHD. Also no special models for Germany announced - so we're in the same LHD boat.

Good point. I wonder why they are getting 10 coupes. I don't think we can even get a coupe anymore.

No big deal, as you may know the coupe was never discontinued on this side of the pond (makes sense with the weather here and is especialy appreciated by track drivers as I still think the cp. is the better basis for this purpose).

Woo, different colours, thats lame..give us a Type R Honda!!!

Honda UK's biggest mistake was not bringing the R over, they would of sold more of them than standards cars IMO.

-Rob

robfenn said:
Honda UK's biggest mistake was not bringing the R over, they would of sold more of them than standards cars IMO.
NSXprime owners in the States often say the same thing. Yet when Honda made the special limited-edition Zanardi NSX available here, they were difficult for dealers to sell, and many sat in showrooms for quite a long time.

nsxtasy said:
Yet when Honda made the special limited-edition Zanardi NSX available here, they were difficult for dealers to sell, and many sat in showrooms for quite a long time.
Maybe it would have been different with the R because it has way more performance gain than the Zanardi had comparing with the "normal" NSX (mostly regarding laptimes).

BTW: I'm very surprised about you having a new avatar after such a long time :wink:

NetViper said:
Good point. I wonder why they are getting 10 coupes. I don't think we can even get a coupe anymore.

I would like to know if anyone here could of special ordered a coupe in these years 02-05 or were they all Targa's.

I've read that Honda goes though all the trouble of legalizing their super-NSXs in the UK so that their F1 drivers (who both live in the UK) can have one.

NSX 3.0 said:
I would like to know if anyone here could of special ordered a coupe in these years 02-05 or were they all Targa's.

Steven,

FYI, At least in the US several folks inquired about possibly ordering coupe versions of the NSX but were told that was not possible for the 02+.

Ken

There are two in the UK, one was a press car and one to a private owner where it has never surfaced. My dad phoned Honda Chiswick in London to see if he could track one down and make an offer but they wouldn't give details. They did offer him one of the £250k NSXR-Rs though!

-Rob

robfenn said:
There are two in the UK, one was a press car and one to a private owner where it has never surfaced. My dad phoned Honda Chiswick in London to see if he could track one down and make an offer but they wouldn't give details. They did offer him one of the £250k NSXR-Rs though!

-Rob

The UK version of an NSXR is owned by someone in the NSXCB now, and he has taken it to meetings quite often.

I personally don't see the fuss over the TypeR. It's not impossible to make a normal NSX very close to an R, and even surpass it in some areas.

nsxtasy said:
NSXprime owners in the States often say the same thing. Yet when Honda made the special limited-edition Zanardi NSX available here, they were difficult for dealers to sell, and many sat in showrooms for quite a long time.

If they had made an automatic Zanardi I would have bought one.

Back