• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 Super GT Honda NSX Confirmed

It sounds like an F1 car. Too bad we won't see those races over here.

Out of all those cars, the Honda does sound the best! If we can't get Formula1 in the US, they should try to bring SuperGT instead. Maybe add a few American cars to the serious to get more fans. I enjoyed it when JGTC came to Fontana, CA.

Has it been addressed how a "prototype" car & engine is being allowed to run in a production body/engine series?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/23/...h-and-burn-at-supergt-season-opene/#continued

Video: Two Honda HSV-010s crash and burn at SuperGT season opener

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Mar 23rd 2010 at 2:01PM
<!-- sphereit start -->
<small>Click above to view the video after the jump</small>

The 12 Hours of Sebring wasn't the only season opener to take place this past weekend, as teams across Japan descended on Suzuka for the first race of the 2010 SuperGT season. And spectators didn't just enjoy the inaugural outing of the new Honda HSV-010 GT500 racers, they saw two of the five Hondas crash in spectacular fashion.

A slight drizzle at the start of the race resulted in the pole-sitting No. 18 Weider Honda, piloted by Takashi Kogure, to run off track and fall towards the back of the pack. Kogure later set the fastest time (1:55.555) during his fifth lap, working his way up to eighth place in the process. But one lap later, Kogure, the No. 32 Epson HSV-010 and No. 8 ARTA HSV-010 made an impromptu sandwich going into the first corner, sending the No. 18 and No. 8 Honda's into the wall.

You can check out the race results, along with the crash and the aftermath in the video after the jump, and get an eyeful from Suzuka in the gallery below.

Ugh... small consolation in fastest lap and qualifying on pole. Kogure looks really fast though, should be a good season for him and Honda.

As far as the production body series, the Wikipedia article says this:

"Honda's decision to campaign a non-production vehicle required it to obtain special permission from Super GT organizer to be exempt from the production homologation requirements for the series."

post#106

This has got to be the best crash of 2010 so far. I mean to pull that kind of sandwich and have the middle car come out and then it was all HSV's just makes it that much funnier and yet makes me sad..

I was just coming here to post that!! U guys are on top of it just like i am!! That Weider HSV looked like he had the race in the bag barring the crash. The winners will get weight penalties now which makes it even easier for the Weider and ARTA teams in the next race....cant wait!

Love these images BTW!
SGT2010r1_10.jpg

SGT2010r1_7.jpg

SGT2010r1_9.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/rumormill-honda-to-build-road-going-hsv-010-next-year-pigs-to/

Rumormill: Honda to build road-going HSV-010 next year, pigs to take flight in 2012

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Mar 29th 2010 at 7:24PM
<!-- sphereit start -->
<small>Honda HSV-010 – Click above for high-res image gallery</small>

Straight out of the Snowball's Chance and Swine Aeronautics department comes a report from Autobild that says the Honda HSV-010 is headed for production next year.

Why are we so skeptical? Aside from the fact that taking the HSV from the tracks of Japan to the streets of tomorrow would be a task of epic proportions, the last time we talked about the GT500 racer with Honda'sNSX successor's stillborn status.

Regardless, ze German rag reports that the HSV-010 will undergo a slight makeover in the transition from race car to road car, with a slightly narrower track, more sculpted sides and the removal of the Cessna-sized rear wing.

A V8 will supposedly still be nestled up front, but instead of the SuperGT car's 3.4-liter V8, a 500+ horsepower 5.0-liter will take its place.

So, is the Lexus LFA finally going to get a worthy competitor from it's cross-town rivals? We'll continue our regularly scheduled breathing regime until we get an official word from Honda, but the possibility of an NSX revival – for real this time – has us panting a little bit harder.
high performance team they began tearing up about the

Reading between the lines of Ito's statements of what Honda will bring to the table in the future, I see a V8 with hybrid ancillary to motivate the new "halo car".

4 litre V8 with 8500 redline beefed up with a hybrid ancillary to improve low down torque. I could live with that :)

No reading between the lines necessary it's not gonna happen Ito said as much himself. He just killed the thing in 08.

People who have been on here long enough know these rumors come and go. True the HSV made it further than anything else but the prototype was disassembled as was the team who put it together. Enjoy the races as that's all we're gonna get:wink:

If they do it will probably just be to meet the homologation requirement like the NSX-R GT. Throw a standard Honda V6 3.7L engine in it, charge $500K, sell 5, and call it a production vehicle. I'd still want it :D

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/rumormill-honda-to-build-road-going-hsv-010-next-year-pigs-to/

Rumormill: Honda to build road-going HSV-010 next year, pigs to take flight in 2012

<!-- sphereit start -->
<SMALL>Honda HSV-010 – Click above for high-res image gallery</SMALL>

Straight out of the Snowball's Chance and Swine Aeronautics department comes a report from Autobild that says the Honda HSV-010 is headed for production next year.

Why are we so skeptical? Aside from the fact that taking the HSV from the tracks of Japan to the streets of tomorrow would be a task of epic proportions, the last time we talked about the GT500 racer with Honda'sNSX successor's stillborn status.

Regardless, ze German rag reports that the HSV-010 will undergo a slight makeover in the transition from race car to road car, with a slightly narrower track, more sculpted sides and the removal of the Cessna-sized rear wing.

A V8 will supposedly still be nestled up front, but instead of the SuperGT car's 3.4-liter V8, a 500+ horsepower 5.0-liter will take its place.

So, is the Lexus LFA finally going to get a worthy competitor from it's cross-town rivals? We'll continue our regularly scheduled breathing regime until we get an official word from Honda, but the possibility of an NSX revival – for real this time – has us panting a little bit harder.

Crossing fingers....

<!-- sphereit start -->http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/honda-hsv-10-gt/#2
<small>Honda HSV-010 – Click above for high-res image gallery</small>

Please people, stop calling this car an NSX. This is NOT, and NEVER will be an NSX. I hate how the media keeps calling it the "New NSX" or "Next NSX". :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Weider HSV-010 won the 2nd round

They didnt win as yet but theyre on pole for the second race in a row. The Weider HSV is definitely the fastest car in the field. Hopefully they dont crash it and bring home the victory this time!

umm i know it was my mistake, but i think they really won this time

umm i know it was my mistake, but i think they really won this time

Yes they did! Weider HSV pole position and first place in the race. They wouldve won the inaugural race too if they didnt crash out. Like i said....Weider HSV is the car to beat!

Race results:
1 18 Weider HSV-010 Takashi Kogure
Loic Duval
2:02'26.084 82 BS
2 38 ZENT CERUMO SC430 Yuji Tachikawa
Richard Lyons
0'11.800 82 BS 4
3 1 PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 Juichi Wakisaka
Andre Lotterer
0'14.209 82 BS 16
4 12 CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R Tsugio Matsuda
Ronnie Quintarelli
0'14.712 82 BS
5 6 ENEOS SC430 Daisuke Ito
Bjorn Wirdheim
0'45.741 82 BS 30
6 8 ARTA HSV-010 Ralph Firman
Yuji Ide
0'48.666 82 BS
7 17 KEIHIN HSV-010 Toshihiro Kaneishi
Koudai Tsukakoshi
0'57.285 82 BS 8
8 100 RAYBRIG HSV-010 Takuya Izawa
Naoki Yamamoto
1'11.673 82 BS 22
9 35 MJ KRAFT SC430 Hiroaki Ishiura
Kazuya Oshima
1Lap 81 BS 10
10 39 DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 Andre Couto
Kohei Hirate
1Lap 81 DL 12
11 32 EPSON HSV-010 Ryo Michigami
Yuhki Nakayama
1Lap 81 DL 2
12 24 HIS ADVAN KONDO GT-R J.P.Lima de Oliveira
Hironobu Yasuda
1Lap 81 YH 40
Classified (GT500: 57 Laps)

Is it coincidence that many of the Teams mix a jdm:wink: driver with other european (non asian) drivers.

Batmans gonna shoot me for this but oh well ..lol

Then, the RX7 that had taken over the lead developed machine trouble and crashed out of the race. Through these developments, the two drivers of the Up Start MOLA Z maintained a strong and steady pace to race on to victory.

Even after all these years..lol

Back