• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate balla / JDM wheels, money no object?, Post your vote and one picture please

2005562240816774617_rs.jpg

R mando

L_5851.jpg

L_5849.jpg

titanium lip gram lights FTMFW:cool:

Wuddup Rick! This is David, was helping John sell his car. Hows the search for the car coming?

Wow those titanium lips look GOOD!!! they would go nice with some matching titanium lug nuts too :)

HRE also has a competition series that are very very light... <20lbs each for a 19x12. Compare that to the heavy competition at 24+lbs per wheel. Just a thought.

- David

IMHO HREs are too heavy and aren't very durable, more of a show wheel. Volks always seem like a good choice.

I do remember HRE's were having some problems on the track but after visiting their warehouse its a pretty amazing process the wheels go through to make sure they comply with many safety regulations. Each wheel is also tested for durability. I am no HRE rep by any means but was very impressed with the production process... again all IMHO.

Cheers,

David

yes this is what I had heard, like you said i am sure they are built very well as one would suspect, yet perhaps under the repeated stress of high-heat and high strain of a track event, they fold.

OK I would pick HRE's but since it did say JDM....I get compliments on my wheels almost every time I talk the car out to this day and for years.....these are killer...sorry pics dont do it justice at all..SSR Decolte Evolution.

Attachments

• 104-0415_IMG.jpg
    104-0415_IMG.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 7,325
  • 106-0638_IMG.jpg
    106-0638_IMG.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 8,870
  • IMG_3974.jpg
    IMG_3974.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7,185
  • PAINT.JPG
    PAINT.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 8,390
Wuddup Rick! This is David, was helping John sell his car. Hows the search for the car coming?

Wow those titanium lips look GOOD!!! they would go nice with some matching titanium lug nuts too :)

HRE also has a competition series that are very very light... <20lbs each for a 19x12. Compare that to the heavy competition at 24+lbs per wheel. Just a thought.

- David

David,

what up! Thanks for posting those pics - are those wheels you posted 19's or 18's?

Yes I agree it would look perfect on John's car with his exhaust tips. If he's still selling the car, I'll like to talk to him on a number we can live with.

ttyl
rick

Dotz Hanzo:

712114375185_essen.jpg

There's no wheel like it.:rolleyes:

SOMEBODY PLEASE PHOTOSHOP THESE ON A BLACK NSX.....I AM DIEING TO SEE HOW THEY WILL LOOK.........PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......THKS:smile:

Old school Dazz Matiz. Man I want a set

5109DSC_228.jpg

#1 volk racing re30 (especialy the mag blue ones:biggrin: )
2319210561_ecbfd99be4_o.jpg

#2 and #3 are ties, if the advans wernt a couple pounds heavier(but still very light) theyd be number 2 for sure

advan rgII
advan01.jpg

volk racing ce28
wtd%20ce284.jpg

SOMEBODY PLEASE PHOTOSHOP THESE ON A BLACK NSX.....I AM DIEING TO SEE HOW THEY WILL LOOK.........PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......THKS:smile:
Now now, calm down. :wink:

11482xiong_Dotz_Hanzo.jpg

I snatched the pic in the berlina black thread. I hope the owner/photographer dont mind.

I've been extremely hesitant to post on this thread, because, a lot of the wheels in this thread...are quite ugly IMO.

I like Advan RGs and Gram Lights, but unless your NSX is a track car, they really make the NSX look off, and they don't go with the smooth lines of the NSX at all.

My 2 only choices for wheels for the NSX:

Those 7 spoke Prodrive wheels. I like them because they look OEM, just larger, and they flow well with the car.

SSR Professor SP1 in SBC (Super Black Coat). One of my favorite wheels. It's not perfect for the NSX unless you have the right colour NSX though.

Old school Dazz Matiz. Man I want a set

5109DSC_228.jpg

Oh I forgot about these...I love these too.

Drifter- sorry I dont know exact offsets, I should though. Its been such a long time. If this helps 18x8 front 225/35 and 18x10 rears 275/35. The were designed to clear a big brake kit but I never got to it..

OK I would pick HRE's but since it did say JDM....I get compliments on my wheels almost every time I talk the car out to this day and for years.....these are killer...sorry pics dont do it justice at all..SSR Decolte Evolution.

9204921d.jpg

I agree. What are your size/offsets?

Last edited:
I do remember HRE's were having some problems on the track but after visiting their warehouse its a pretty amazing process the wheels go through to make sure they comply with many safety regulations. Each wheel is also tested for durability. I am no HRE rep by any means but was very impressed with the production process... again all IMHO.

Cheers,

David

They have competition wheels. Check out the C series. My C20's are on the way. I can't wait.

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels.php?q=/COMP/COMP20/

Back