• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Unofficial" NSX Rolling pics • Post your rolling photos!

synth how do you take such a photo?

It's called a rig shot. I really don't do them much anymore, because the Post Production in photoshop is a PIA. Basically, you attach a boom to the car with a camera attached. Shoot the car remotely (with timer or remote) at a slow shutter speed while you manually push/roll the car. The slow shutter speed gives the perception that the car is going super fast. But like I said, photoshopping the rig out of the shot is a major PIA. Here is one with the rig still attached, not cloned out yet.

4574010090_92a181ab8c_o.jpg

It's called a rig shot. I really don't do them much anymore, because the Post Production in photoshop is a PIA. Basically, you attach a boom to the car with a camera attached. Shoot the car remotely (with timer or remote) at a slow shutter speed while you manually push/roll the car. The slow shutter speed gives the perception that the car is going super fast. But like I said, photoshopping the rig out of the shot is a major PIA. Here is one with the rig still attached, not cloned out yet.

4574010090_92a181ab8c_o.jpg

Is that hood flex, or now a dent, where the boom suction cup connects with the hood? :eek: Or is that a trick of the light?

Really? push like by hand? then you edit out the person?

Usually the person is pushing from the rear (passenger side) or even pushing from the passenger side window (crouched down). With this method, they are usually not in the shot. The other option is to have someone in the car and drive less then 1mph. This works too, but this method can cause some vibrations, especially if the boom is placed over the motor- which results in shaky pics. :)

From today

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hs5A4Pvxbdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want a rolling shot :(

I'll take care of that, In our trip to Orlando :biggrin:

Seriously, let's stay overnight for NSXCAPADES dude, I mean it! Orlando is less than 200 miles !

Oscar

From today

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hs5A4Pvxbdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude .. your car sounds AMAZING!!!

Oscar

Back