• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Unofficial" RARE NSX Thread

I have the 93 brooklands green NSX, After it toured the states as a demo green/tan it was given to comptech for r&d, where it got all of its goodies and some track time. When Comptech went bankrupt, my buddy got the car on a e-bay bid, and then used it as a track car. I then purchased it from him about a year and a half later. the interior was in bad shape. and the car had around 50k HARD MILES on it. I replaced most of the interior to black, upgraded the fuel system, and had the whole motor rebuilt 3.1l. Now im looking at the paint.

reading this thread makes me kinda want to put the tan interior back in the car, even though it looks so much better with black. Does it even matter? The car is far from stock, And might not qualify as a rare nsx anymore. More like, just a nsx with a cool history.

reading this thread makes me kinda want to put the tan interior back in the car, even though it looks so much better with black. Does it even matter? The car is far from stock, And might not qualify as a rare nsx anymore. More like, just a nsx with a cool history.

It still qualifies! You have a car that was never supposed to exist in public hands. That is about as rare as it gets. Plus, it would be fairly easy to convert it back to the way it was when it was a Honda show and display car. I was actually next on the list to buy your car if your buddy fell through according to the guy at Comptech.

It still qualifies! You have a car that was never supposed to exist in public hands. That is about as rare as it gets. Plus, it would be fairly easy to convert it back to the way it was when it was a Honda show and display car. I was actually next on the list to buy your car if your buddy fell through according to the guy at Comptech.

Id say the VIN will always qualify, but at the point where you needed to redo the interior, replace/rebuild the engine, and possibly repaint the car, its really academic.

If he *liked* tan, thats different... but not liking it and preferring black? at this point Id say it would make more sense to just stay with what he likes.

Now if original motor was intact, original interior had been in good shape, and original paint was in good enough condition to bring back through detailing and restoration? TOTALLY different story.

Grand Prix White/ Tan (66 total):
1994 – 8 produced :biggrin:
ea5k0n.jpg

Tyra I think the 2005 silverstone FS Ebay is silver/onyx.

That red/red 2005 is hot. Can't believe no one has snagged it, as it has been for sale for some time... like a red-headed step child :redface:

I wasn't sure on the silver since the color, lighting, and angle of the pics is so crappy. But it is described as black & grey interior so who knows. Not a lot of '05s out there no matter what. That red is just too garish and vivid.

Tyra I think the 2005 silverstone FS Ebay is silver/onyx.

That red/red 2005 is hot. Can't believe no one has snagged it, as it has been for sale for some time... like a red-headed step child :redface:

Back