• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Urgent!!!! Help needed with installation of my intake

I have recently purchased a shiny "alum" intake from Daliracing. I encountered some problems and I need help with installation. I have a 99 NSX, and according to the instruction, there are 2 hoses attached to the air box (a small one for vacuum from the throttle and a big one from the crankcase vent tube), however, when I removed the airbox, there is only one big hose attached to the airbox. The small one right next to it is attached to something else. (Is that the vacuume tube) I put the small K&N filter on the crankcase vent tube, but I have no idea what I need to do with vacuum tube. The instruction said attach the vacuum tube to the filter, do I still need to do this if the vacuum tube is attached to something else??? Come to think of it, I am not quite sure about which hose is the vacuum tube, help!!!! Should I leave the vacuum tube alone and not attached to the air filter??

weiker,
The Dali polished intake tube will REPLACE the "accordian-like" tube attached to the throttle body. The vacuum line that was attached to the "accordian-like" tube will need to be attached to the new filter. Is this the part you are referring to that the vacuum line is currently attached to? This vacuum line is the one with the dashpot check valve(round black cylinder shaped) attached to it. There should be a small connection point on the backside of the new filter to attach it to.

The larger crankcase ventilation tube is the one you should attach the K&N filter to like you have already done. That's it.

Hope this helps.

Back