• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used Car Prices on the Upswing

I just watched a YouTube report that was discussing used car prices in general. From June 1ist through the 15th prices have gone up over 6%. The highest prices have been in the luxury arena. I suspect this will translate to higher used car prices for the Gen 2 NSX. So if you are on the fence perhaps you might want to pull the trigger.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nUFCExJfU

I just watched a YouTube report that was discussing used car prices in general. From June 1ist through the 15th prices have gone up over 6%. The highest prices have been in the luxury arena. I suspect this will translate to higher used car prices for the Gen 2 NSX. So if you are on the fence perhaps you might want to pull the trigger.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nUFCExJfU

I've been watching for the Gen 2 NSXs to drop. I have seen a couple of cars priced in the $104-109k range but they usually have 3 owners or have had an accident. But I have seen 2018 and 2019 cars coming down to rival the cost of a 2017. I have seen 2 2019s priced at $123-125k and a 2018 at $119k. Maybe as leases come back in the 2017s may drop. I sure hope so, I'm getting tired of waiting.

Getting tempted, myself, again. I go through hot and cold phases with the NC1. I love the NC1, but to buy it new (or used) in a “financially responsible” way, I have to let both my current NA2 and my rare manual CTS-V wagon go. Selling both, I can buy a used NC1 outright with no financing, in cash, or for a new one I can take out a small loan given they can be found for as little as $135k.

Problem is, I really love driving both the NA2 and the CTS-V, so I haven’t scratched my NC1 itch yet.

First world problems LOL!

Getting tempted, myself, again. I go through hot and cold phases with the NC1. I love the NC1, but to buy it new (or used) in a “financially responsible” way, I have to let both my current NA2 and my rare manual CTS-V wagon go. Selling both, I can buy a used NC1 outright with no financing, in cash, or for a new one I can take out a small loan given they can be found for as little as $135k.

Problem is, I really love driving both the NA2 and the CTS-V, so I haven’t scratched my NC1 itch yet.

First world problems LOL!

I have the same conundrum. Do I actually need a NC1? No, but sure WANT one. Getting older, so this is likely my last car much less sports car. I'm in the same boat. I am going to pay cash, but how much am I willing to spend to scratch this itch. Likely one way or another I'll get one by years end. Have to balance the extra cost versus how much time I have left to enjoy it. I am not that old but men in my family don't tend to live that long. The less I spend the lower the time I have to enjoy it.

I have the same conundrum. Do I actually need a NC1? No, but sure WANT one. Getting older, so this is likely my last car much less sports car. I'm in the same boat. I am going to pay cash, but how much am I willing to spend to scratch this itch. Likely one way or another I'll get one by years end. Have to balance the extra cost versus how much time I have left to enjoy it. I am not that old but men in my family don't tend to live that long. The less I spend the lower the time I have to enjoy it.
Hey look, I was/am in the same boat so to speak. I was thinking in terms of a few years remaining like maybe within three years or so. Consequently buying a car seemed like it did not make a whole lot of sense. At this point, however money is not a hinderance and as circumstances played out I ended up with my car. It has been an absolute joy to not only drive but look at. I had two previous NSXs a new 91 and a new 2001. Both were great, but the new NSX is so much more of a car and an experience. I loved my 2001 especially after adding things like the Comptech Supercharger, wheels, Coilovers, brakes, Honda Pod and Nav, etcetera. The new car is so different. Having said that we are all very different in our life situations and spending $150,000 +or _ is not a trivial thing. I would suggest that waiting for the prices to cave may not be the best strategy.

Hey look, I was/am in the same boat so to speak. I was thinking in terms of a few years remaining like maybe within three years or so. Consequently buying a car seemed like it did not make a whole lot of sense. At this point, however money is not a hinderance and as circumstances played out I ended up with my car. It has been an absolute joy to not only drive but look at. I had two previous NSXs a new 91 and a new 2001. Both were great, but the new NSX is so much more of a car and an experience. I loved my 2001 especially after adding things like the Comptech Supercharger, wheels, Coilovers, brakes, Honda Pod and Nav, etcetera. The new car is so different. Having said that we are all very different in our life situations and spending $150,000 +or _ is not a trivial thing. I would suggest that waiting for the prices to cave may not be the best strategy.

I had a 1991 NSX and loved her. As I mentioned, I will likely buy an NC1 by year's end. So far the stock market has been kind to me. If I'm lucky, money may not be of any consequence. Already the 2019s in the low 120's are tempting me. Now if I could get a blue one like your's I just might pull the trigger!

When I began thinking that it would be ok to get the NSX I saw the blue car at Ilusso that I ultimately purchased. I had never seen a blue as beautiful as the Nouvelle Blue. It was like a lightning bolt hit me. As I contemplated the purchase I began to read everything I could get my hands on. I visited the car three times before having them take it to an Acura Dealer for an inspection. Each visit was a 300 mile round trip from Santa Barbara. I had yet to drive the car myself. The NSX tech took it for a test drive and told me to come with. As I started to get in he said no you should drive it. So that was my first drive. I remember being more afraid of screwing up then really trying to show off. But that did it for me. The salesman Todd Roswell was so supportive at Ilusso that I would definitely buy again from them.

Last edited:
Used car prices in general right now are higher because new car production has slowed due to parts supply, and factory conversions to produce respirators and PPE.

I just pulled a Manheim Market report and here are some recent sales numbers.

06/02 2017 21k $100k
06/18 2017 16k $105k
06/25 2019 6.5k $122,000.

There are no recent used 2018 since 11/2019.

There is going to be quite a few coming off least starting September with a some high miles on them. I predict that the resale values on those will be under $100k.

Used car prices in general right now are higher because new car production has slowed due to parts supply, and factory conversions to produce respirators and PPE.

I just pulled a Manheim Market report and here are some recent sales numbers.

06/02 2017 21k $100k
06/18 2017 16k $105k
06/25 2019 6.5k $122,000.

There are no recent used 2018 since 11/2019.

There is going to be quite a few coming off least starting September with a some high miles on them. I predict that the resale values on those will be under $100k.
Hey DocL,
Thanks for the info from Manheim. Is there a way for a regular person to subscribe to Manheim, so they can access auction prices on a regular basis? I know from another thread one poster was asking if anyone would buy him an NSX at auction. Since there was no response I'm guess no one can or will. I'm thinking this auction info would be very helpful on my search for a used NC1. Thanks for your input.

Hey DocL,
Thanks for the info from Manheim. Is there a way for a regular person to subscribe to Manheim, so they can access auction prices on a regular basis? I know from another thread one poster was asking if anyone would buy him an NSX at auction. Since there was no response I'm guess no one can or will. I'm thinking this auction info would be very helpful on my search for a used NC1. Thanks for your input.

It's not available to us mortals. I have access through a relatives account. I have helped many people negotiate good prices on many different used cars having them know what current auction prices cars have traded hands at.

Hey DocL,

It's not available to us mortals. I have access through a relatives account. I have helped many people negotiate good prices on many different used cars having them know what current auction prices cars have traded hands at.

Can you let us know when the flood of lease returns begin hitting, and what the prices are at Auction? Ideally, someone could help buy them at auction and sell to us :)

Can you let us know when the flood of lease returns begin hitting, and what the prices are at Auction? Ideally, someone could help buy them at auction and sell to us :)

And the vitriol that will ensue as a result, I don't think so. But if you want to know I will PM you.

Here's a lease return from May, going for 109 now with 15k miles. Bet it was < 100k at auction: http://atcm.co/VDPTXTSHRE/2110DC8E

That one sold for $105k. That dealer is going to lose money on that car lol. And it's condition was noted as 3.9 which is below the norm for a car like this.

“Going for” and actually selling for are two different numbers obviously. &#55357;&#56832;

Last edited:
That one sold for $105k. That dealer is going to lose money on that car lol. And it's condition was noted as 3.9 which is below the norm for a car like this.

“Going for” and actually selling for are two different numbers obviously. ��
Somewhat surprised that the asking price is so close to what the dealer paid on 6/15/2020. I would have thought the markup would be more in the 10-15k range. There is a blue NC1 in Reseda , Ca that I saw that had a lot of interior problems. The rugs had gaps and somehow the dash had scratches all over the A pillar. Guess a wide range of how people take care of their cars.

Somewhat surprised that the asking price is so close to what the dealer paid on 6/15/2020. I would have thought the markup would be more in the 10-15k range. There is a blue NC1 in Reseda , Ca that I saw that had a lot of interior problems. The rugs had gaps and somehow the dash had scratches all over the A pillar. Guess a wide range of how people take care of their cars.

The dealership's buyer probably though they could flip it for a quick $5k in a week. He thought wrong lol.

Last edited:
Here is a 2017 Blue for $109k a car that has a salvaged title: https://www.autolist.com/acura-nsx#vin=19UNC1B05HY000753

Here is a 2017 Blue for $125k interesting car that must have been owned by??? https://www.autolist.com/acura-nsx#vin=19UNC1B06HY000776

Here is a 2017 Blue for $105k that is one owner and is a certified car under 4000 miles. https://www.autolist.com/acura-nsx#vin=19UNC1B08HY000696
This one was of interest to me. I emailed them for a copy of the clean carfax they refered to. All of sudden that car is now $124k. I figured a car with less than 4k and certified (2 year bumper to bumper warranty) was worth investigating. If this was bait and switch, I won't even talk to them when they contact me Monday.

The first linked car, I was curious about also. Especially all the interior bits that didn't fix together. That it's a salvage title clears that up.

The car with 4000 miles and also was certified was really under priced. At 124k it is still a good buy.

The car with 4000 miles and also was certified was really under priced. At 124k it is still a good buy.

Guess so but $105k would have been an outstanding deal. I can get 2019s locally for $123-125 one of which is certified also. For now I'll wait to see what September brings in the form of lease returns.

If you can get a 2019 for $123k plus certified warranty, don't you think that is a decent price?

Disagree. 2019s go for that. A certified 2017 should max out around 114k. Right now it seems like a lot of dealers are stuck with 2017s they over paid for and will have to eat by winter.

Back