• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used Supra TT or new Impreza WRX?

I'm thinking sell my '97 Prelude SH and get one of these turbocharged cars to accompany my NSX. I like the Supra look more than the WRX, but I also like the 4wd of the WRX. No matter which one I get, I'll spend lots money on the mods for sure. For now I'm more on the Supra side but only if I could find a mint one. What's everyone's opinion?

Supra all the way. I am a previous supra owner and they are incredible cars. That would be my ideal to have both!
wink.gif
Just my .02

------------------
Jason

Supra for sure, you want alot of mods, my friend is selling his Supra for around $50K, 872 rwhp, single turbo, internal, ported head, cams, racing seats, roll cage, it is a 94 but it has the 98 transmission, rear end etc. Want more power, no problem 872 rwhp that is with 60 shot of NOS and 30 psi. I am pretty sure that is all the mods you need.

If you have the $ no doubt go for the Supra as you will be able to get a overall faster call than the Impreza, however if you want something that can handle and have decent power (350hps) go for the impreza. I have a 2000 impreza with a turbo kit in building. But this is only because I can't afford a nsx or supra @ this point. Impreza are more fun @ the autox's vs the supra.

Get the supra, as long as it's not an automatic! Before I bought my NSX, I was looking into other less expensive cars, and the supra was one of them. I test drove an automatic(God forbid I buy an automatic sports car), and it wasn't what I expected. Even my rx7 convertible was more fun to drive. I think it was just the transmission that made it seem pretty slow and slugish, and this was from a "mint," low mileage supra. If you find a 6-speed that's mint, get it.

------------------
Richard
www.kuentos.guam.net/home/superg/nsxtasy.htm

I say Supra!!! Thats my next ride I think. Does anyone have any opinions on Subaru's overall quality and reliability? Everyone knows Toyotas quality, and if anyone has visited some Supra sites they would know that the motors are practically bulletproof! Over 800 HP on stock internals without a problem??? DAMN GOOD TIME if you ask me!
smile.gif
WRX may be a newer car but I think if you found a good quality supra you shouldn't have problems based on Toyotas rep.

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 14 January 2001).]

if you guys are interested my friend has a supra forsale in brand new condition. It is a 1997 twin turbo with 9000 miles...only mods is a HKS EVC IV (electronic boost control) It has a veilside bodykit and blitz type III wheels all in perfect condition also. He is asking for $40,000 located in NY.

Get the Supra TT and do the BPU. If at all anything, the Supra has a higher resale than the Impreza.

The flipside to owning a Supra, however, is its tainted name. It's a really great car, but other auto enthusiasts tend to see Supra owners as a-holes.

Cheers!

Michael.

thanks people, I think I'll go for a used Supra if I could find one, however, I'm not in hurry as I plan to get the Supra in summer. My friend has a '94 with 50k mile selling for 24k USD, I think that's a pretty good deal. If I really get the Supra in summer, I'm sure I'll BPU it but that's it. I won't go anywhere near 600 or 700hp, 400-500hp is enough for me.

Supra is my favorite car. It would be a hard choice between AWD and supra. Supra has a hard time putting the power to the ground and the wrx could handle it with no power, plus they weigh less. If you want speed get WRX if you want both speed and looks get a supra.

HP for HP the WRX would kill the supra.

If you have NSX, why would you need another super HP car? I'd say get WRX for more civilized ride/new warranty etc...if you are gonna use it for daily driving anyways.

Back