• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valets, don't let them drive

less then a block away... im sure thats more then enought room to get it to a good click.

I was even told by a few guys to floor the cars when pulling away!!!

thanks for proving my point. There are always exceptions to the rule... that being you. Why take chances that you'll get an idiot that will floor it. If my ar was going to get nicked, hit or totaled. I BETTER be the one doing it or ill kick myself for years to come.

Abuse is a problem but the big one is , i dont want anyone to drive my car. :mad:

Driving my car is close to being on par with fking my woman.... not quite at extreme but still very very unpleasent.

Im not even sure i'll let someone test drive my personal NSX and Supra when they come to buy it...... i'll drive it and you can take it or leave it :rolleyes:

Bottom line. Im not sure why you guys let others drive yours.

Rathemacher, would you let someone valet yours? :wink:

Last edited:
Valet + NSX =

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 404
Mike-san said:
How do you handle this w/ the valet ? Do you say-"Don't worry, I'll park it because the cluth is acting funny." -and them tip them anyway ? Your idea sounds great, but I'm thinking that they might get pissed that you don't trust them and proceed to park the next car they park in such a way that you get a door ding anyway ? Suggestions ?

It all depends where I go. If its a nice hotel or restaurant.

I just tell them "How much for valet?" Pay them "Where can I park it" then they just tell me where. Park it. Walk by, tip them $5 each (or more depending on how nice the place is and service). When I come back to the car I'm most likely drunk so I start a coversation to sober up a little. Thats when they usaully ask me questions like "so what did you do to it?" I just tell them the list of mods and when carbon clutch comes up they usually thank me that I parked it myself. As for dings, I always park it in the very front
(pick-up and drop off area) next to the lambos, Ferraris, and oversized or too low vehicles that won't make it in the parking structure.

SugoiNSX said:
I just tell them "How much for valet?" Pay them "Where can I park it" then they just tell me where. Park it. Walk by, tip them $5 each (or more depending on how nice the place is and service). When I come back to the car I'm most likely drunk so I start a coversation to sober up a little. Thats when they usaully ask me questions like "so what did you do to it?" I just tell them the list of mods and...

then they cut me off and say "no, I meant what did you do to it to put that huge dent in the door when you parked it." :tongue: :wink:

Why stop at valets? why not bring up mechanics?
I have a good friend that works at a BMW dealership, and i know for a fact that he abuses customer cars. I've seen him do it on multiple occasions on his test drives.

paladin said:
Why stop at valets? why not bring up mechanics?
I have a good friend that works at a BMW dealership, and i know for a fact that he abuses customer cars. I've seen him do it on multiple occasions on his test drives.

That is a very good point.
I have a office with a window that looks right out into the street where techs are always taking customer cars out for a test drive and you should see the way they are treated. :eek:

RON98 said:
less then a block away... im sure thats more then enought room to get it to a good click.
I know that there was outside seeting where I worked that was 20 yards from the street. Someone would complain if the Valet guys were tearing out of the parking lot. I know I never had a sports car out of 2nd gear because it was always time to turn by then!

RON98 said:
Rathemacher, would you let someone valet yours? :wink:
I guess it would depend on the situation. If I went back to where I worked I would probably pull up and give the guy a $10 and ask him if I could park it up front and promise him more if it was ok when I came back out. If that wasn't possible I would just give him a $20 and I would bet it would definitely be up front by the time I got out from dinner.

But I do agree... If I could park it myself then I probably would! :tongue:

SugoiNSX said:
When I come back to the car I'm most likely drunk so I start a coversation to sober up a little.

Wow, this is incredibly irresponsible. :eek: Nothing is more sobering to an intoxicated driver than a 3 minute conversation with a valet before you get behind the wheel and drive away. :rolleyes: Shame, shame. :frown:

jlindy said:
Wow, this is incredibly irresponsible. :eek: Nothing is more sobering to an intoxicated driver than a 3 minute conversation with a valet before you get behind the wheel and drive away. :rolleyes: Shame, shame. :frown:

I know, usually I talk to the valet for a minimum of 5 minutes to sober myself up. :biggrin: J/K

92NSX said:
That is a very good point.
I have a office with a window that looks right out into the street where techs are always taking customer cars out for a test drive and you should see the way they are treated. :eek:

Not only that, it's not uncommon for dealership mechanics to take customer cars HOME for the night.

On the subject of valet parking,

a good friend of mine told me *he learned how to drive stick* by being a valet at age 16... enough said.

jlindy said:
No kidding. I perfer to smoke a couple joints to sober up. ;)

steveny said:
I know, usually I talk to the valet for a minimum of 5 minutes to sober myself up. :biggrin: J/K

Ha, now that's funny. The cost and amount of work in your retaining wall alone would sober up a person up pretty quick. :biggrin:

jlindy said:
Ha, now that's funny. The cost and amount of work in your retaining wall alone would sober up a person up pretty quick. :biggrin:

Second only to the great wall of China.
BTW there are plenty of Budweiser cans and bottles buried behind my wall. It takes a lot of beer to build a wall. :smile:

Interesting story. As an parking and valet employer, I screen all of my employees with the DMV, the police dept and credit reports crecks. Although people like this still may slip though the crack, this will help eliminate crazy ones like this guy.

Remember what the Valet drivers did to this Ferrari?:biggrin:

images

I took my NSX to have it detailed, when I picked it up, the guy says to me, "That is one damn fast car" I asked him how he knew as I always write down the mileage on a sticky note and put it on the steering wheel so they know. He tells me that he had to take it out for a spin, he put 15 miles on it. Needless to say, the detail became free as I told him I was going to call the police to tell them he drove the car unauthorized.

nsxlover said:
I took my NSX to have it detailed, when I picked it up, the guy says to me, "That is one damn fast car" I asked him how he knew as I always write down the mileage on a sticky note and put it on the steering wheel so they know...

When I valet park my NSX I usually throw the valet a 10 or 20 spot, that pretty much assures me that they won't joy ride my car. When they give me the ticket I ask for their pen and I write the mileage on the back of my ticket stub. Not once has my car been driven out of the lot. :biggrin:

nsxlover said:
I took my NSX to have it detailed, when I picked it up, the guy says to me, "That is one damn fast car" I asked him how he knew as I always write down the mileage on a sticky note and put it on the steering wheel so they know. He tells me that he had to take it out for a spin, he put 15 miles on it. Needless to say, the detail became free as I told him I was going to call the police to tell them he drove the car unauthorized.

Damn.. that takes one set of balls after they know that you'll know if the drove it. Boggles the mind...

DocL said:
When I valet park my NSX I usually throw the valet a 10 or 20 spot, that pretty much assures me that they won't joy ride my car. When they give me the ticket I ask for their pen and I write the mileage on the back of my ticket stub. Not once has my car been driven out of the lot. :biggrin:

Didn't Ferris give 'em a 5 spot to ensure the same thing? :biggrin:

Ski_Banker said:
Didn't Ferris give 'em a 5 spot to ensure the same thing? :biggrin:

Yeah, but Ferris didn't have a cut off switch in that car like I do in mine. I'll give anyone here $100 if they can start my car within 2 minutes of getting inside it. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back