• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Valve adjustment/sewing machine

I'm sure this has been discuss many times but don't have time to sift thru search.

Should that sewing machine sound go away totally after all valves are adjusted or it's still there but not as noticeable as before?

still there,but the more you listen for it...the more noticable it will become.:wink:

I'm sure this has been discuss many times but don't have time to sift thru search.

Should that sewing machine sound go away totally after all valves are adjusted or it's still there but not as noticeable as before?

If you have an early car, it may also be your Lost Motion Assembly (LMA). If they are sticking, they will make a tapping noise, as the rocker arms flop around.

After I first bought my NSX I went to NSXPO 2006 and at the track in Sebring I asked the same question.
I'm used to Hondas having a typical smooth / quiet sound at idle and I was told, "that's very normal, they are designed to run at off idle speeds and the sound at idle was that way and normal."
Also what Honcho said does apply.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Back