• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vanity Plates

4364982b.jpg

I don't actually GET the plate until December, a friend has it currently.

If thats a real plate then we have a winner. I really like that.
^Yes, it's a real plate. It the "Kids Plate" personalized plate, option. It's $50 to buy them and then an extra $40 per year at registration. In California we can use four different symbols: the heart, a handprint, a plus sign "+" and a star.
https://xml.dmv.ca.gov/IppWebV3/initPers.do
^The "Kids Plate" at the bottom of this link shows the four symbols you can order.

How long does it take the CA DMV to come back with plates? I ordered NSXY EH for mine (I'm a Canadian expat)
^When I left for NSXPO it was 10 weeks since I ordered the plate. The California DMV says it takes 8 - 12 weeks. One is sent a postcard from the DMV office that has your plates, when they come in. I just hope the postcard didn't get lost in the mail.

Last edited:
These might be available in your state...seen elsewhere...

NSXTC

NSXY

NSXTATIC (if your state has 8-character vanity plates)

These might be available in your state...seen elsewhere...

NSXTC

NSXY

NSXTATIC (if your state has 8-character vanity plates)

NSXTC not available in Georgia anymore! Simple, but I like it :biggrin:

picture.php

A co-worker and I were having this discussion the other day. He has a guy that lives in his neighborhood that owns a good amount of investment real estate. The guy drives a Hummer with plates that read "PAYORENT". :biggrin:

IMG_2932Hondarears.jpg

I'm expecting a new plate for my NSX any day now. It will be very similar to the one above but will be NSX J:HEART:Y, with the O in JOY replaced with the heart symbol.

I have my new plate on now...

IMG_36022ndNSXplate.jpg

IMG_1404110212NSXplate.jpg

Last edited:
HeySkippy you would think they would atleast center the letters lol

but very cool.

I want one, but not sure what to get i have seen plenty great ones.

but I kinda leaning for WIC IGT translation " What I see I Get "

I have my new plate on now...

IMG_36022ndNSXplate.jpg

Sweet!!! :cool: How long did it take to get it? I was going to post last night to ask if you had received it yet, but you must have read my mind!

Last edited:
Sweet!!! :cool: How long did it take to get it? I was going to post last night to ask if you had received it yet, but you must have read my mind!

Gene, I ordered the plate online, with the California DMV on 8-17-2010. I finally got the plate on 11-18-2010, so it took three months to get it.

i just got mine a little bit ago..didn't take a pic of it yet

but it's

SENNA1

play on words, with Senna and NA1

:smile:

i've got TRU SUV on my 1975 landcruiser... OHMYGOD on my nsx... SLPRAGT on my RS6, and JSTAFRD on my GT

sister has TRUDIVA on her car.... now her husband won't drive it... haha.

Still waiting on mine :frown:

NSX CPE

When did you order it? CA DMV is taking long for personalized Longer than I waited for all my previous plates. I recommend getting an online appt. for 3 months out from the date you ordered the plate. That's what I did. When I went in, I hadn't received the notice that the plate was in yet, but it was there. The notice came a day or two later. The DMV I go to (Laguna Hills) has a wait of hours, as in more than two, if you don't have an appt. Even then, sometimes it's over 30 minutes. :mad:

When did you order it? CA DMV is taking long for personalized Longer than I waited for all my previous plates. I recommend getting an online appt. for 3 months out from the date you ordered the plate. That's what I did. When I went in, I hadn't received the notice that the plate was in yet, but it was there. The notice came a day or two later. The DMV I go to (Laguna Hills) has a wait of hours, as in more than two, if you don't have an appt. Even then, sometimes it's over 30 minutes. :mad:

Patty,
Mine took 3 months also. If you have AAA (Auto club) they have DMV services and never have to make an appointment or have to wait more than a few minutes. They called me when it was ready. Anyone with an NSX should have AAA for the towing service if for nothing else. If you get a flat tire I would have it towed before using the spare tire:eek: that comes with the NSX.

Last edited:
I just got this for my GTR:)
180510_10150140725201224_690446223_8306844_6991805_n.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so no I am not dyslexic.

Last edited:
Oldie but a goodie... :)

DSC08929.jpg

Back