• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vanity Plates

Mine simply says RSHN-MOB... lol... :biggrin:

EDIT:
NSX004.jpg

Last edited:
When did you order it? CA DMV is taking long for personalized Longer than I waited for all my previous plates. I recommend getting an online appt. for 3 months out from the date you ordered the plate. That's what I did. When I went in, I hadn't received the notice that the plate was in yet, but it was there. The notice came a day or two later. The DMV I go to (Laguna Hills) has a wait of hours, as in more than two, if you don't have an appt. Even then, sometimes it's over 30 minutes. :mad:

Thanks Patty. I think I will make an online appointment. Also, I just went and checked my records and it's only been about 2 months since I ordered them so I still have a ways to go yet. :smile:

Patty,
Mine took 3 months also. If you have AAA (Auto club) they have DMV services and never have to make an appointment or have to wait more than a few minutes. They called me when it was ready. Anyone with an NSX should have AAA for the towing service if for nothing else. If you get a flat tire I would have it towed before using the spare tire:eek: that comes with the NSX.

:confused: Les, the plate was sent to the Laguna Hills DMV. I had to choose one when I ordered it. How could you pick up the plate at AAA?

:confused: Les, the plate was sent to the Laguna Hills DMV. I had to choose one when I ordered it. How could you pick up the plate at AAA?

Patty,

AAA has DMV services so you can order your plate at their local office and pick it up there when it is ready. That is what I did. I also registered my car there when I bought it. Do you have AAA?

Here is mine: :biggrin:

I will probably get a ticket some day but my front license plate is in my office not on the car. I prob will get that SOS retractible one soon though, our state is in debt and really dont need to give them a reason to tap into my funds

Attachments

• NSX license plate NSXMEUP.jpg
    NSX license plate NSXMEUP.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 358
Patty,

AAA has DMV services so you can order your plate at their local office and pick it up there when it is ready. That is what I did. I also registered my car there when I bought it. Do you have AAA?

Wow, I wish I had know that! I did register my NSX at AAA the day it was delivered and right after I had it smogged. I didn't realize I could order the plate there, too.

Here is mine: :biggrin:

I will probably get a ticket some day but my front license plate is in my office not on the car. I prob will get that SOS retractible one soon though, our state is in debt and really dont need to give them a reason to tap into my funds

I bought the SOS retractable plate holder and it's still in the sealed box. So far, I've been lucky. My front plate is on the wall in my garage. :smile:

finally got a pic of my plates haha

1185957699_hXbsu-L.jpg

I applied for:

HAVNSX

But got rejected for "offensive language". I tried to explain that I always wanted to HAVE an NSX and that was what the plate was about. They didn't buy it. ;)

^And I'll bet people will still ask you what it is. :confused:

My plate has helped lessen the questions...

IMG_1404110212NSXplate.jpg

^Yes, I already posted this but this is a new and improved photo. :wink:

Carried this around on a few of my cars... thinking about getting one a little more NSX specific so this thread has given me ideas.

IMG-20110217-00201.jpg

QPDO

^:confused: :headscratcher:

QPDO = Cupido = Last Name

Nobody who sees it understands it... it's funny watching people trying to make something of it hahaha

QPDO

There seems to ba a big discrepency in what is allowed - lots of the plates I see here could be considered offensive or of a sexual nature (who cares BTW) but are still allowed and then I hear of those who are denied for something not even that bad...

I guess luck must play a role.

Only your friends must know what it means.

I've had friends and family confused and unable to get it :facepalm:

That said, some random sounded it out and got it spot on. Personalized plates always have me driving behind them trying to make sense of it. Mine must piss people off! :p

QPDO

Last edited:
Back