• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Venting about Fellow NSX owner

I went to the itsjdmyo car meet held in Cerritos CA, yesterday. I saw an NSX so I took a pic. I saw the owner walking towards me so I figured perfect I could say hello. I am not sure if this person was having a bad day or in a hurry but the owner seemed very arrogant. From what I remember most NSX owners are pretty friendly. I know I was. I look young and I was in street clothes so I may have come off as a fanboy. After what happened I walked away thinking I don't like those type of people. If I was someone that has never met other NSX owners, I would probably stereotype other owners as being arrogant.

This was our conversation.

me: nice car
owner: no response
me: have you ever been to Gil's BBQ meet?
owner: I dont go to nsx meet's (gets into car and closes door on me)

Eh - it's hard to say, but like you said, he may have had a bad day or been in a hurry. :redface:

If it's any consolation, he was probably in a slightly better mood after driving the NSX to his next destination. Works for me! :wink:

alot more younger people are affording this car now... whenever I see rif-raf, I ignore them too... nothing strange about his reaction. You may have just looked like a would-be-theif or something..

Imagine yourself afraid to identify yourself to fellow nsx owners for fear that you very likely owe them money, product, or a response you have not provided. Yet, cars are still your passion and hobby and as such you still want to get out and go to car meets.

I don't think it would be fun being someone that could not fully enjoy their hobby, due to errors in greed and unethical business practice.

Last edited:
I'm friendly to everyone that talks to me, but I'm part of the "younger" crowd.

Post the picture, we like seeing other NSXs here.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm part of the older crowd and I'm friendly and speak to anybody who wants to talk about the car.

I let people take picture, even let them sit in it at times.... I get a kick out of watching their smiles... :biggrin:

Tough call on the response from the NSX owner. It could just be him having a bad day. You can't be responsible for his response, only yours.

I have learned that if I'm in a hurry the NSX is probably not the best vehicle of choice to take. If so, then I make sure I don't stop anywhere along the way :smile: :smile:

i explained in my post above why the nsx owner responded the way he did.

the response had nothing to do with any of the other speculative reasons suggested above.

i explained in my post above why the nsx owner responded the way he did.

the response had nothing to do with any of the other speculative reasons suggested above.

So, by your response I take you know who it was and they drive a black NSX. If that's the case then he is a nice guy, but may have acted the way he did for the stated reasons.

Last edited:
we unfortunately have a member that lives very close to where that event was held yesterday, that if you read the vendor feedback section, apparently owes several people money, and other issues.

Im apart of the younger owners crowd. 99% of the time Im nice and will talk about the car let people take pictures. I never let somebody sit in mine tho only friends and family. Im all about that rule you can look but dont touch. There has been times I was having a horrible day and probably didnt really act like myself.

again,
this is not about a younger owner, or a bad day or about not understanding that the person asking owned an nsx. This owner is relatively young, but the issue is that he has chosen to ruin his reputation and now is rightfully afraid to interact with others that might know who he is, or be in his web of deceit.

The reason i have posted what i've posted is so we don't go down all these paths (age, snobishness etc) when in this case we have a very specific issue.

Im apart of the younger owners crowd. 99% of the time Im nice and will talk about the car let people take pictures. I never let somebody sit in mine tho only friends and family. Im all about that rule you can look but dont touch. There has been times I was having a horrible day and probably didnt really act like myself.
+1 but i would say more like 80% for me. I don;t care if people look and ask questions but i don't want them getting in it or getting fingerprints all over it.

me: nice car
owner: no response
me: have you ever been to Gil's BBQ meet?
owner: I dont go to nsx meet's (gets into car and closes door on me)

Well...

he has enough time to go to OTHER meets and show off the car...

Seriously people, it's a machine...and quite possibly someone's absolute dreamcar. Who cares if they want to sit in it? Their butts aren't going to scuff the seats and you may have sold another person on keeping these cars alive for many years to come. I welcome questions, even if I'm in a hurry.

again,
this is not about a younger owner, or a bad day or about not understanding that the person asking owned an nsx. This owner is relatively young, but the issue is that he has chosen to ruin his reputation and now is rightfully afraid to interact with others that might know who he is, or be in his web of deceit.

The reason i have posted what i've posted is so we don't go down all these paths (age, snobishness etc) when in this case we have a very specific issue.

again,

Everything you have written on this thread makes sense.m Maybe you can be more specific on who he is and what happened to make him act like that. We still have people that don't understand what your putting down.

alot more younger people are affording this car now... whenever I see rif-raf, I ignore them too... nothing strange about his reaction. You may have just looked like a would-be-theif or something..

I was at a big car meet where a whole block was filled with NICE cars. The area was so full people were parking almost a mile away and walked to the main area. I was not the only one taking pictures and walking around. If he didnt want people to see his car and talk to him, he should have kept it at home.

Was it the one with the carbon hood NSX-R vent? He caravan with me in the PasswordJDM GT-R.

Tan<--cordially friendly guy

No not that car. It was a car parked outside on the street. I took a picture of his car but I think I will keep the owner anonymous for now.

again,

I understand what you are saying.

Last edited:
Go home
take a hot bubble bath, eat some chocolate, have a good cry and then go shopping and buy a new pair of shoes.
Works for my wife or her sister.

Last edited:
again,

Ah yes. He probably has the Gold Volks I wanted but failed to reply to my emails. His loss.

Back