• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Veyron hit the tire wall at Firebird - agup48 took pics

Thanks for posting it here and sharing the links! I've been swamped with e-mails and Facebook messages and notifications.

Saw him lose it on one of the corners on Main, didn't think anything of it until I noticed something was wrong when he went to tech, saw a huge black mark and knew something was wrong. Walked over there and saw this.

Also, car looks fine now since the clear bra has been removed, only a little bit of damage remains.

ouch! Is that Rob's?

Yes it was robs. Damage consists of a ding the size of a penny or smaller. It was all clearbra that was scuffed up (and a wheel). once it was removed you wouldnt ever know.

I heard it directly from him and saw the pics after the clearbra was removed.

- - - Updated - - -

297940_372259116228916_1159218720_n.jpg

Current Pic

-

This is certainly a banner opportunity for the clearbra manufacturer to offer Rob a redo in exchange for using the story to promote their stuff.

Surprising how good it looks compared to the "earlier at the track" today picture

-

Sam, there may be a Mclaren MP4-12c in there too, if he still has it

I'm glad to see the car looking much better after the removal of the clearbra. I can't imagine what he must have thought when it occurred, the damage could have easily cost more than my house and cars put together! Very lucky indeed.

McLaren is gone, he is allegedly getting the new McLaren P1! :D Giggity!

- - - Updated - - -

The wheels looked fine when we checked them out, it could have changed after the car was cleaned up, but they did not look damaged or rashed in any way.

Also, there are multiple dents, the one on the rear fender is the largest and there were smaller ones on the door. It'll all be repairable thankfully.

McLaren P1! :biggrin: Giggity!

Cool that saves me having to buy one. :)

Rob was very lucky...also considering he had a passenger in the car with him when it happened.

Back