• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VGA touch screen for Nav Pod

KGP

Legendary Member
Looking for a VGA touch screen display that will fit the Nav Pod. Anyone know of one that will fit? Nav Pod opening is 7-1/4" X 4-1/2".

THE XENARC ONE IS 7 3/4 "x 4 3/4 ". CAN YOU SOMEHOW SQUEEZE AN EXTRA 1/4 ON EACH SIDE? i HAVENT SEEN HOW THE SCREEN ATTACHES TO THE POD so i dont know if this is possible

I beleive the Xenarc screens have the inputs on the side of the case and might be a bit tight to connect to if mounted in the Nav Pod.

Armando

the vga connects in the back and the video inputs are pigtailed off of the vga cable. I have one but have not installed it yet

Last edited:
Woody, Are you planning to mount it in the Nav Pod? I guess I should ask Chris if it can be squeezed in it.

i will be removing the clock/vent from the dash and setting the screen low in the remaining space. I am having a custom pod made that will be a better match with the arch over the existing gauges. I think the nav pod is too square, sets too high, and doesnt match well. The "pod" will be hollow and and have hidden beveled channels to allow the vent to still function. I hope to have it in in a few weeks and will post pics.

my screen will be where the gauges are

can you stand a "paint" hack job?
this shows the screen lowered to just above the climate control, IMHO eliminating the obtrusively high profile of the nav pod. pull an arch proportional to the existing gauges to smooth out the lines and you have a low profile setup with high resistance to sunlight and glare due to its deeper and lower position
really sorry about the poor manipulation of someones console photo

Last edited:
here is the original photo "borrowed from prime

Last edited:
So, you are totaly eliminating the center AC vents?

they will be concealed in the hood of the "pod"

Back