Video: CARD TRICK (can someone figure it out??)

Nice trick...i bet there are indeed 4 cards with 2 kings and a 10 and 2 of hearts..just a bunch of card switching or swift hand tricks.

Mike

Mojorator said:
Nice trick...i bet there are indeed 4 cards with 2 kings and a 10 and 2 of hearts..just a bunch of card switching or swift hand tricks.

Mike
True. When he shows the "4" kings, he shows the King of diamonds twice and the king of clubs twice. Never the hearts or spades. Nice slight of hand though.

Mojorator said:

Mike

Exactly...But he does a great job with the card switching! I love watching that stuff, it is amazing how smoothly they can switch the cards!

That is one of the smoothest card tricks I have ever seen! It would be awesome to fake my kids out with it. You guys sound like you are on the right path to figuring it out.

Can you guys explain how david blaine and that new asian magician do the tricks where they look in someones eyes and tell them some crazy fact that always makes the person on the street freak out or start crying? :confused:

i actually know this trick. it's one of those tricks that look great on tv or stage. however it hardly ever flies in front of friends. you are constantly flipping 3 and 2 cards at a time.... easy for the eye to catch at close distance.

i saw the "david blane exposed" special. what a crock. most of his tricks involve video editing. for instance...

blane asks victim to write name of someone special on a piece of paper then fold it twice (horizontally then vertically, but this instruction is edited out of tv show). after name is written, blane takes it and asks if it was written in cursive. blane says "no, you must print" or "no, you must use cursive". he rips up the paper and tells person to write again. all this is edited out.

when he rips up the paper, he makes sure he keeps the corner piece, which when opened up reveals the name. while the person is rewriting the name, blan is in the corner writing the name on his arm with adhesive.

he takes the second paper, lights it on fire, blows it out and rubs the ashes on his forearm revealing the name.

queue victim's tears.

Attachments

• blane.GIF
    blane.GIF
    2.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Editing is the real magic. When I watched the show his card tricks started to be easier to notice some sloppiness. I can understand what you are saying about the trick in the video, seeing it live up close can remove some of your illusion buffer. I knew a guy who was really good at the three card "pick the queen" game, after awhile it got easier to pick out the right card.

my dad was a magician a long time ago... he showed me some tricks..... this is very good. I understand what he is doing, and how it works... I've personally seen better, but this is good!

I could show and explain this trick with cards in hand, kinda hard with text only.

Im gonna bring my cards back with me to work, and start practicing again :D

nuccaJB said:
Can you guys explain how david blaine and that new asian magician do the tricks where they look in someones eyes and tell them some crazy fact that always makes the person on the street freak out or start crying? :confused:

Try the question on some friends. Most of the questions Blaine asks are question which most people have the same answer to.
Like the question of ...think of a two digit number where both digits are odd....most people will think 33...then Blaine says both digits can not be the same number....then most people will go to the next number 35 then think to themselves 35 is to obvious because it is the next highest odd number above the 33 so they say 37.
I have done this to many people and 95% of the time they say 37. 4.999% of the other say 35, these are most of the time slow thinkers and if you can read people quickly the magician guess' 35.

Same goes for the "guess what card I am thinking" trick.
Most people think of the ace of spades 1st and the queens second.

My step father is a magician by trade.

Back