• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video of my GT37R NSX.

Meth does not make power, it adds the potential for a higher safety margin.
The only way to make more power is to add timing(pull less) or add fuel through a more aggressive tune. 10.5psi on a stock motor is pushing the limits with or without squirting a meth water combo. EAC is comfortable with the level of risk and so far, DDozier is comfortable with his tune.

110 miles is nothing get back to me when this kit has 5000 miles. I hope this kit turns out to be 100% bulletproof. Looking forward to seeing what type of 1/4 mile EAC can put down since he'd dragged quite a bit. I'd also like to see a final dyno sheet because this system has a $hitload of tire shredding torque. I'm guessing 360+ ft lb at least.

I am not sure comfortable is the word I would use to describe how I feel about 10.5lbs of boost on a stock 3.0L, but Eric knows the risk and has taken many steps to mitigate that risk to a lower level. But there is always a risk to adding any amount of boost.

Just to clarify your response a little, meth can make power on its own in most applications how much is based on the amount used and the ratio to water that is sprayed. You can make even more power out of the tune by leaning the fuel and/or increasing the total timing. The key to producing power in any tune is knowing the knock threshold of the motor, and tuning a safety margin into the tune. Meth broadens the safety margin but also adds another factor of inconsistancy to the tune. Everything has a trade off.

Dave

I am not sure comfortable is the word I would use to describe how I feel about 10.5lbs of boost on a stock 3.0L, but Eric knows the risk and has taken many steps to mitigate that risk to a lower level. But there is always a risk to adding any amount of boost.

Just to clarify your response a little, meth can make power on its own in most applications how much is based on the amount used and the ratio to water that is sprayed. You can make even more power out of the tune by leaning the fuel and/or increasing the total timing. The key to producing power in any tune is knowing the knock threshold of the motor, and tuning a safety margin into the tune. Meth broadens the safety margin but also adds another factor of inconsistancy to the tune. Everything has a trade off.

Dave

Yes, it took a little nudging to convince Dave into raising the boost to where it's at. :wink:

I've already been planning out my motor build in my head for when that time comes. Now the question: Headgasket & Headbolts or a full motor build?

I see a few guys running 650 whp with just Cometic Headgaskets and Bolts. Hmm....

Are cometic gaskets really recommended for nsx? In my experience every time we use cometic on anything especially Honda b and k series engines we always encounter over heating issues when used in forced induction applications. It's not like it only happened once it's pretty consistent. This has made me stay away from cometic and only use oem Honda mls gaskets.

Are the gaskets on NSX's not multi layer steel?

Are cometic gaskets really recommended for nsx? In my experience every time we use cometic on anything especially Honda b and k series engines we always encounter over heating issues when used in forced induction applications. It's not like it only happened once it's pretty consistent. This has made me stay away from cometic and only use oem Honda mls gaskets.

Are the gaskets on NSX's not multi layer steel?

My exact thoughts when I researched turbocharging my NSX. I guess the older 3.0's had paper gaskets....makes no sense since B series in the same year always used a MLS(don't quote me but never heard of a paper gasket on b series). The 3.2 uses a MLS and from what I've been told is compatible with the 3.0. Can someone just verify. If it does fit then this would be easily the best gasket you can use. I always trust OEM Honda over Cometic in all cases.

All b, d, h and k series engines used MLS gaskets, why would Honda use paper on the nsx is beyond me. I have heard the 3.2 was MLS however.

Anyone know if it can be used on the 3.0l?

LOL at VVS! The video was still very good though. Time to invest in some tires as you should be able to dead hook 1st at that power level with the right tires.

I have about 1,000 hard miles on it now since the turbo install.

Still running good.

Everytime my wife sees me disable the traction control, she starts yelling cause she knows what's coming. LOL

Yes, it took a little nudging to convince Dave into raising the boost to where it's at. :wink:

I've already been planning out my motor build in my head for when that time comes. Now the question: Headgasket & Headbolts or a full motor build?

I see a few guys running 650 whp with just Cometic Headgaskets and Bolts. Hmm....

I would also change the pistons to low compression as a minimum but if it is out and apart, why not do it once. Sleeves, LMA, oil gears, baffle the pan, timing belt, etc

Hate people who complain about burning tires through gears. Learn how to drive your damn car. It's something called "feathering". If you want to get good. Learn it in a front wheel drive car that's boosted in the rain at an empty parking lot with a lot of room or business road straight aways in the middle of the night. fucking rookies.

hate people who complain about burning tires through gears. Learn how to drive your damn car. It's something called "feathering". If you want to get good. Learn it in a front wheel drive car that's boosted in the rain at an empty parking lot with a lot of room or business road straight aways in the middle of the night. Fucking rookies.

lol

Hate people who complain about burning tires through gears. Learn how to drive your damn car. It's something called "feathering". If you want to get good. Learn it in a front wheel drive car that's boosted in the rain at an empty parking lot with a lot of room or business road straight aways in the middle of the night. fucking rookies.

You do not know Eric very well......he only know two throttle possitions, Idle and WOT. Not going to be a lot of feathering going on here. This summer after a bag of M&M's we were able to teach him to shift gears and use them all in the right order no less. :biggrin:

Dave

Last edited:
You do not know Eric very well......he only know two throttle possitions, Idle and WOT. Not going to be a lot of feathering going on here. This summer after a bag of M&M's we were able to teach him to shift gears and use them all in the right order no less. :biggrin:

Dave

Isn't WOT the only way? :biggrin:

Hey Eric, you aren't to far from me. I would love to check out the NSX someday! Hopefully some of the STL crew could get together one of these days when its nice out!

Hey Eric, you aren't to far from me. I would love to check out the NSX someday! Hopefully some of the STL crew could get together one of these days when its nice out!

Most definitely dude. My car is in storage and I probably won't have it out until the end of May though. We're in the middle of a move, so I can to store it. :(

Most definitely dude. My car is in storage and I probably won't have it out until the end of May though. We're in the middle of a move, so I can to store it. :(

Boo, May is to far away lol. Good luck with the move. Still going to be around the Ballwin area?

Boo, May is to far away lol. Good luck with the move. Still going to be around the Ballwin area?

Yeah, we bought a house in Wildwood. So, we'll still be fairly close.

Congrats Eric, your car is a beast. Hope all is well. I'm doing the s/c install soon. I can't wait!!!

Finally broke 1,000 miles on it. I put 200 miles of hard boost on it last weekend. Never had a hiccup.

Back