• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Viper or NSX?

Blue Batmobile: First let me say I've been following all your posts on both cars and I LOVE THEM BOTH! Anyone who does not find those 2 cars stirring up their soul has some issues! :)

To OP: I have never seen that Stunnaz picture either but it did make me laugh quite a bit. I think the only reason people associated that was not because of your pose or how you look but the way you stood in front of your Escalade (if that is your ride). We all kinda stereostype the Escalade with blingy rapper types so that's probably why :redface:

I know this thread is old so you probably already bought a car by now but IMO you can't go wrong with either car. Just buy what puts a smile on your face. We can discuss till we're blue in the face but really both cars are not meant for daily driver's. If you afford these types of luxury toys, then just get a DD car, or just drive your Escalade.

I "could" drive my NSX as a daily but NEVER WILL just because it's too perfect and I'll be worried someone vandalizes the car.

rk

I daily drive an 05 Viper every day, and have no issues what-so-ever. The radio broke but it was under warranty and fixed the next day. Tires are kinda costly and it gets kinda hot in the car. I had a 06 GTS coupe before and wasn't the biggest fan, it was summer and just wasnt too into it. But recently my feelings have changed. I really like it, It's not too wild looking, actually just enough and the sound is unreal. In the morning, you really need to heat the tires up or the car is uncontrollable. I've been raelly happy with my current Viper, so much so....I dont even remember the last time I dorve either of my NSX's:redface: I've put almost 1000 miles on it in the last month, including many 1 hour commute's and plenty of rainy days.

Kinda off topic but assuming I was looking to buy a Viper, what is the best model / year to get?

We all know 2002+ NSX's are the Best :)

I'm pretty sure you would want an 03+. If those were out of your price range than you would want to go with the 97+ (96+ for the coupe).

Kinda off topic but assuming I was looking to buy a Viper, what is the best model / year to get?

We all know 2002+ NSX's are the Best :)

I kinda like them 05 and up, IMO:wink:

I daily drive an 05 Viper every day, and have no issues what-so-ever. The radio broke but it was under warranty and fixed the next day. Tires are kinda costly and it gets kinda hot in the car. I had a 06 GTS coupe before and wasn't the biggest fan, it was summer and just wasnt too into it. But recently my feelings have changed. I really like it, It's not too wild looking, actually just enough and the sound is unreal. In the morning, you really need to heat the tires up or the car is uncontrollable. I've been raelly happy with my current Viper, so much so....I dont even remember the last time I dorve either of my NSX's:redface: I've put almost 1000 miles on it in the last month, including many 1 hour commute's and plenty of rainy days.

Spoiled :cool:

When the hell did you get a Viper? It seems like last week you had just gotten the second X and had an S2000. You change cars more often than I change underwear.

:cool:

I sold the S2000 awhile ago, and had the Zanardi for about 5 months. The Viper, just a company car, a perk of the job:biggrin:They say snow tommorow, should be an interesting commute:eek:

I've owned a 2000 gts, 2 06 coupes, my next one will be an 09. 08 and up to 600hp from 505 for 03-06 models. I hear the vvti engine is a better motor overall than the 06. Plus the car is much more refined.

Bat™

If I were to buy another Viper it would be a 2003 SRT10 with under 10K miles ..

You can get these all day long for 42-44K..

And when you figure your getting an

-exotic that based at 83K
-has been clocked at 194 mph dead stock
-has been ran to 11.7 at 123 mph dead stock
-and stayed within a 1/2 second of the C6Z06 in all head to head magazine track times ( even besting the C6Z06 a time or two)

for only 42-44K

Thats a hell of a deal..

A 2003 SRT10 is 99.9% identical to a 2006 SRT10..And 85% identical to a 2009 SRT10..

Id but a 2003 SRT10 again in a heart beat and put a base 7 psi supercharger on it for 630 rwhp and call it a day.

If I were to buy another Viper it would be a 2003 SRT10 with under 10K miles ..

You can get these all day long for 42-44K..

And when you figure your getting an

-exotic that based at 83K
-has been clocked at 194 mph dead stock
-has been ran to 11.7 at 123 mph dead stock
-and stayed within a 1/2 second of the C6Z06 in all head to head magazine track times ( even besting the C6Z06 a time or two)

for only 42-44K

Thats a hell of a deal..

A 2003 SRT10 is 99.9% identical to a 2006 SRT10..And 85% identical to a 2009 SRT10..

Id but a 2003 SRT10 again in a heart beat and put a base 7 psi supercharger on it for 630 rwhp and call it a day.

You can have my 05 with 13k for $46K:biggrin:

Greetings

Warm up your browser and find a place that will rent you both -- be prepared to fly. I did this with a Lamborghini and a Ferrari before buying my NSX. It was the best $1000 I ever spent. You get to drive them without a sales person in the car with you. I had to pay a little more than standard rental because I drove about 100 extra miles. I had a good time driving a Ferrari up Malibu Canyon.

I drove 3 Vipers that I did not purchase. I agree with the comments that the newer ones drive much better. I felt you had to pay a lot more attention to drive one than should be required. They handled just fine, but seemed twitchy. I am sure that would have passed if I had more time behind the wheel.

My favorite drive was a Ford GT40. It was amazing and scary too.

These guys claim that they will rent you an NSX:
http://www.rentexoticcars.com/reno.html

Cheers,
Martin

We all kinda stereostype the Escalade with blingy rapper types so that's probably why :redface:

Around here, soccer moms tend to rock the Escalades, so they're my first association with the Escalade. Although 50 Cent songs do come to mind too. :tongue:

If you afford these types of luxury toys, then just get a DD car, or just drive your Escalade.

With that said, if you can afford these cars, why wouldn't you just get a $7000 civic as your DD?

To each his own, but I don't want to daily drive a boring car. Any time I drive my '98 Outback wagon, I feel a faint inner sadness, lol. My philosophy is that if I love driving the car, why not drive it daily? Why limit the ear to ear grin to weekends only? If I purchased the car to be an investment, I could see rarely taking her out of the garage, but I doubt I'll ever "invest" in a car. I take effort to park carefully to avoid damage and wear and tear from others' carelessness and hope for the best.

Damn bro who died and made you the judge?
People who make comments like yours above shouldn't be driving nsx,
it doesn't look right.
judging he should drive a viper from his pose:confused:

Thankfully there are still some voices of reason on this board, but they seem to be dwindling. :frown:

Thankfully there are still some voices of reason on this board, but they seem to be dwindling. :frown:

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!

YayNSX is now the voice of reason! :eek::biggrin::cool::rolleyes:

Wow, how things change quick around here :wink:

Around here, soccer moms tend to rock the Escalades, so they're my first association with the Escalade. Although 50 Cent songs do come to mind too. :tongue:

To each his own, but I don't want to daily drive a boring car. Any time I drive my '98 Outback wagon, I feel a faint inner sadness, lol. My philosophy is that if I love driving the car, why not drive it daily? Why limit the ear to ear grin to weekends only? If I purchased the car to be an investment, I could see rarely taking her out of the garage, but I doubt I'll ever "invest" in a car. I take effort to park carefully to avoid damage and wear and tear from others' carelessness and hope for the best.

You're right and I hate to stereotype about people driving Escalades but sometimes it just works. I see these Honda's driving around with those gawdy 20" badges around advertising they are running twenties, wth is that all about? :confused: It's like a badge saying "hey, look at me, I'm stupid and love to ride on rubberbands with a car that can't handle and will crash any moment!" :eek:

Almost always it's a certain type of ethnic background driving with these 20" roller badges....again hate to stereotype but it's pretty true! When's the last time you saw an asian rocking that? They are usually the ricers :rolleyes:

As for the daily driver being a Civic, I agree 110% with you that if daily means you have to drive a garbage car just to have a nice car then it's not worth the sacrifice. That's why I've owned three s2000's now ~ they make great daily driver's and a smile to my face!

Honestly..I dont know what the OP financial posistion is..

But if I had 50K in cash just sitting their to buy an Viper or nsx..

Well first things first I could never drive a 2002 and below GTS or RT10 again like my 99 Viper after owning the 2003 SRT10. The 2003 and up SRT10's are just plain better cars in every catergory other than looks ( wich is subjective)

So that would be a minimum of 42K for a 2003 SRT10 Viper...Leaving me 8K to add the supercharger and exhaust. Sure 630 rwhp ( 700 crank) is awesome...But Ive had one with only 475 rwhp and that SRT10 was not easy to control..I cant imagine 630 rwhp on the stock suspension for anything other than straight line...

With the nsx Id have to have the 3.2...I know they only dyno 255 rwhp compared to my 3.0's 240 rwhp...But even with my supercharger I get tired of hearing howw they are faster and the 1991-1996 NSX's are DOG SLOW..

So Id spend the minimum 38K on the 1997 NSX with the 3.2 and IMHO more apeasing front end than the 2002 and up ( just dont like the pointy nose)

With the remaining 12K Id get a BBSC with 8 psi and intercooler all tuned with an AEM for 400 rwhp and have a fast and great handling ride..

This is the route im pretty sure I would personally take. with my 2003 SRT10 Viper I would pull up to a group of 50 cars meeting in a parking lot at 11 PM at night...Their would be vettes and Porshes and 350Z's STI..SUPRA'S...ECT...And I always felt like the top dog. Not neceserrily in speed as some of them were highly modded and could beat me in a street race..But as far as price and exoticness i felt like the man...

*EXCEPT WHEN THEIR HAPPENNED TO BE AN NSX THEIR* I couldnt deny how the nsx looked a lil more exotic and I knew for a fact that they cost 5K more or so stock for stock..As well the what you cant see in picks about the nsx is just how huge it makes other "sports cars" look. Even my relatively small 3380 pound SRT10 viper looked huge and tall sitting next to a nsx..

So thats the route i would go...I just wish I would have bought one with the 3.2

I have a 97 NSX and an 04 Viper (with a super charger).

I find myself slightly favouring the NSX but they are really different cars and I would not consider them substitues for each each other.

Two completly different cars filling different needs.

Rich

Last edited:
Back