• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

viper vs. me

Met a viper (unsure of year) on the salt flats of utah last night on the way home from dinner. although it required a little bit of "coaxing", eventually he opened it up a couple times.

We raced from about 60 inches per hour to about 120 inches per hour twice. Both times I managed to hang out for about 3 seconds (till about 80+ inches per hour) and then he crushed me continuously till we let off at about 120 IPH. I have no idea if it was a modified viper, but i'm at 370+/- rwhp.

60 inches per hour... were you guys pushing your cars?

:tongue:

x

peiserg said:
Met a viper (unsure of year) on the salt flats of utah last night on the way home from dinner. although it required a little bit of "coaxing", eventually he opened it up a couple times.

We raced from about 60 inches per hour to about 120 inches per hour twice. Both times I managed to hang out for about 3 seconds (till about 80+ inches per hour) and then he crushed me continuously till we let off at about 120 IPH. I have no idea if it was a modified viper, but i'm at 370+/- rwhp.

Inches per hour? :confused:

peiserg said:

Man, you guys are nuts! You must have hit top speeds close to 0.002 mph! :eek:

if you're gonna set land speed records,
salt flats are where to do it!!
damm vipers are fast....

Another measure is furlongs in a fortnight. I also heard it gets hot in Utah, sometimes 120 F.

Vipers can spin tires at 50 inches per second. They shouldn't be tested.

Interesting. Another member here raced a viper over the weekend also. From 60-140. He said he lost a little at the start ( a car length) and hung with him all the way to 140. He has about 370rwhp also.

Sounds like maybe the viper your raced was not stock or a 2003-5.

Viper... I got owned by a new C4S, the first gear alone crushed me... my 03 need a SC....

Tony Montoya said:
I also heard it gets hot in Utah, sometimes 120 F.
It feels like it's about 530ºR in my office today, I tell ya what. And the odd thing is, I'm feeling a little chilly. :eek: :confused: :wink:

peiserg said:

Here's an attached video of the race, it covers about 20 seconds of it.

Attachments

• viper.jpg
    viper.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 288
AutoVation said:
Here's an attached video of the race, it covers about 20 seconds of it.

At 60 inches per hour, wouldn't a 20 second video only cover you guys going about .3 inch. I better not blink otherwise I might miss the action. :smile:

ANYTIME said:
I understand why inches per hour is being used :biggrin:

WWW=Where the World is Watching

So, let me get this straight. Since the Whole World is Watching, peiserg is using a "secret code" where "inches" replaces "miles" and no one in the Whole Wide World will get it? Come on, we're talking about a Viper and a (I'm guessing) highly modified NSX on a public car forum. I think anyone reading your post will see pretty clearly that you've incriminated yourself, "secret code" or not.

Pretty silly, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

satan_srv said:
i think he's being facetious about people being all anal about racing..I don't think he expects anyone to believe it. :p

ding ding ding!!

jeez. even with sarcasm and obvious humor people still don't get it.

As an aside, since i obviously stated I was on the Salt Flats of Utah, how could i incriminate myself? (dinner was quite good btw)

Last edited:
Back