• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Voltage Gauge Flickering. Check Engine Light On. Can Anyone Help?

I have a 97 NSX-T with 110k miles on it. It had all its services and replacements done in time. With that said...

The Check Engine light came on last night. Didn't have a problem the previous day. Then I notice that the pointer in the Voltage Gauge started to flicker and would stay a notch below its normal place. I also notice the car feeling a bit less power? Even the windows would go up a bit slower.

What do you think my problem is? Did anyone come across this problem? I hope it's not expensive...

have your alternator and or battery checked. if the alt. or battery are bad that could make the check engine come on . when you get those checked out have the codes pulled that will also help you figure out what is going on.

Last edited:
have your alternator and or battery checked. if the alt. or battery are bad that could make the check engine come on . when you get those checked out have the codes pulled that will also help you figure out what is going on.
thanks, that's what i was thinking. i'm hoping it's not the alternator. just didn't know the check engine light comes on an nsx for battery failures...

does anyone know how much it is for an alternator job? also, can i use motul or other non-oem alternator and it be good as new?

Back