• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Voodoo Shift knob

Has anyone used a voodoo shift knob in their NSX. I know they are very popular in the s2000's, wondering if anyone has experience with them on this platform. How does it fit and feel, is the throw shorter, do you feel better gear engagement. Looking to get one myself just seeing if anyone has any experience with them.

Thanks Jeremy

I had a countersunk aluminum J's Voodoo knob in the NSX for several years...a left-over from my S2000 days. I really like it. Shortens the throw a bit and the extra weight provides a more positive shift feel imho. I did go back to an OEM knob just because I'm taking the whole car in that direction.

awesome thanks, just wanted to make sure it would screw on without any issues, I liked the slightly shorter throw and the weight with the gear changes.

Wait. So voodoo7 posts about voodoo shift knob and there is a reply from voodoo8 both w really low post counts. Anyone else see something up w that? Voodoo trying to get free advertising?

As a resident of the Greater New Orleans area, I am something of a subject matter expert when it comes to Voodoo. Let me explain my theory on the matter.

I believe that Jeremy was compelled to choose the screen name "Voodoo7" by forces that are little understood by anyone other than Voodoo practitioners. Obviously this is an effort by the Voodoo community to expand their influence through the use of various message boards on the Internet. Watch for other voodoo references on other message boards. Notice, too, that Voodoo8 lists his or her location as New Orleans. Clearly, this is a Voodoo conspiracy and should be monitored closely.

Either that or J's is fishing for favorable reviews.

To avoid me being stuck with pins in effigy would it help if I state that I have voodoo shift knobs in my '94 Miata, my '90 track rat Miata and my NSX (true dat!) and I really like them all?

LOL sorry guys, my screen name comes from me being from new Orleans for one, I ran formula mazda back in the day, name of our team was voodoo motorsports and my car number was 08, hence Voodoo08.

Not sure why my first post showed me as Voodoo7 that is kind of strange.

I have a voodoo knob....originally in my S2000 that I sold for the NSX. Lets just say that I'm going to take that knob with me no matter what car I'm driving.

Back