• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

w/ video, finally bought my NSX...

thanx heaps fellas, glad you liked the video. made it mostly for myself, but i thought you blokes would appreciate it.

as far as the NSXPO goes, the dealership hosting the event, Flatirons Acura, actually did the PPI on the car, and the resultant TB/WP service amoung other things. if you're looking for superb roads to drive and ridiculous scenery, well i couldn't recommend a better place. some of the video was shot less than 15 minutes from that dealership.

i'm very happy with my car, it was definitely worth waiting it out. it's in as new condition as any i've ever seen. bone stock, 40k miles, and now fully serviced and freshly tyred. the only thing for me to do is put a set of stock NA2 headers on the car and replace all the Acura badging with proper Honda stuff. already have an airbag on the way from Australia as we speak. i haven't decided how i feel about the chromed stock wheels yet either, but that's not paramount at this time. i really just want to hear that VTEC screaming again as soon as!

thanx to so many of you for your advice previous to this purchase, and very glad to be a member of the club. my recommendation, everyone buy their cars in Colorado from now on, and then drive the s**t out of them for at least a week...

p.s. like the Ducati's in my garage, the car has got to be red!

Certainly hold onto the stock wheels if you take them off. They are popular wheels...much more over the fat 5's, but not as popular as the 02+ oem wheels. We all are looking forward to future updates. Congratulations again!

Congratulations! I wasn't expecting video with your ownership intro thread, but that was totally awesome! :biggrin: Way to set the bar for future new owners. :tongue:

So you purchased the car, flew home, and then flew back to Colorado to drive the car around the local twisties? :eek: Is the car in FL now? If so, did you drive it or have it shipped there?

P.S., I think you may have just sold a bunch of people on this year's NSXPO. :D

no worries. i'll let Flatirons Acura know where they can send my promotions cheque!

and yes mate, that's exactly right. they accepted my offer on the car, which was what they were asking, with the owner paying for the full service and tyres. then i flew back to Atlanta to finish working that week, then flew back a week later to snowboard A-Basin, hike, rock climb, and drive the car through all those mountains. there was simply no way i wasn't coming back to drive the NSX on those roads. it would have been a crime to have not...

Certainly hold onto the stock wheels if you take them off. They are popular wheels...much more over the fat 5's, but not as popular as the 02+ oem wheels. We all are looking forward to future updates. Congratulations again!

if anything, i'd replace them with a set of stock gunmetal 7-spokers, or a set of the newer '02+ rims. if anybody has a set, or wants these, let me know. there's a set of 4 (very almost) brand new, top-of-the-line Michelin something-or-the-others on there...

Back