• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Walked a C6 Z06

There were two runs; on the first, the C6 Z06 started driving aggressively, so I down-shifted and did a flyby. I don't think he went immediately, or all the way this time, as I was well in front (having started first), and he didn't make up any ground - I got to around 6500rpm in 4th gear (oem 5spd gearing).

The second run, a minute or so later, I was ahead of him by perhaps 3-4 truck lengths, when he saw clear road. I noticed him coming up fast, so I down shifted to 3rd gear at around 75-80mph, waited until he was 1-2 CL's behind, and stomped on the throttle. he got about 2/3'rds of the way along side me, then I started to pull hard to the top of 3rd gear, ending about 1 CL in front.

My nsx seemed decisively faster, I have run regular C6 cars before, but I thought the Z06 would be far more of a challenge... on paper the C6 is a monster, it seems the deciding factor is the lower weight of the nsx.

My car is around 2800lbs, I was bone dry on gasoline (about to light up the reserve, as I am calibrating my fuel gauge), and at my last tune made 418.8rwhp. C6 Z06, on paper, is 505 (crank) hp, 3100lbs.

BOOOOO STREET RACING IS THE DEVIL !!!!!

This was on the runway at El Toro Marine base
paranoid.gif

I think there was a scion driving alongside as well :tongue:

So this is just the HP turbo kit? Any other major mods (like engine stuff, etc) that I need to know about?

Looks like I've switched back to turbo from SC! (The debate in my head has gone back and forth a few times now)

Not too surprising as since you are at 418rwhp that puts you somewhere in the high 400's at the crank and he is at 505fwhp....and you are lighter...good job, hope he is telling his friends on the corvette forum about it! :cool: Also glad to read you were on an airstrip and not a public hwy!:wink:

your nsx has turbo? wow. this must piss most of corvette fans because they think their c6 z06 is the supercar killer. LOL. 3.0 415rwhp killed their 505fhp.

i think corvette's 7.0L is kinda slow to start its huge power.

basic c6 isn't even faster than c5 z06. u can even use a 3.2L NA nsx against basic c6.

i have seen one video about nsx and corvette from top gear. it's basic corvette c6 vs nsx , and some other cars. talking about 0-400m test. nsx slightly faster than basic c6. with turbo, nsx eats c6 z06.ha.

another thing is that it's even 5 speed against their 6 speed. NSX POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were two runs; on the first, the C6 Z06 started driving aggressively, so I down-shifted and did a flyby. I don't think he went immediately, or all the way this time, as I was well in front (having started first), and he didn't make up any ground - I got to around 6500rpm in 4th gear (oem 5spd gearing).

The second run, a minute or so later, I was ahead of him by perhaps 3-4 truck lengths, when he saw clear road. I noticed him coming up fast, so I down shifted to 3rd gear at around 75-80mph, waited until he was 1-2 CL's behind, and stomped on the throttle. he got about 2/3'rds of the way along side me, then I started to pull hard to the top of 3rd gear, ending about 1 CL in front.

My nsx seemed decisively faster, I have run regular C6 cars before, but I thought the Z06 would be far more of a challenge... on paper the C6 is a monster, it seems the deciding factor is the lower weight of the nsx.

My car is around 2800lbs, I was bone dry on gasoline (about to light up the reserve, as I am calibrating my fuel gauge), and at my last tune made 418.8rwhp. C6 Z06, on paper, is 505 (crank) hp, 3100lbs.

Very interesting. Most of the numbers I've seen and the talk I hear put the hp of the ZO6 well above 505, meaning I hear the whp of a ZO6 is closer to 500 than 400.

It seems you had an enormous weight advantage. The ZO6 might have just gassed up and that could be an additional 100-200 lb. advantage. You're already 300 lbs. lighter and a 400-500 lb weight advantage is extremely significant.

Your 418 whp is a big number and of course the powerband of the NSX is much more linear, giving the NSX more efficient acceleration, generally speaking. Let's say the Z06 has 450 whp. Throw in the weight advantage and it's easy to imagine beating a Z06.

This to me seems like more of a positive showing for the NSX than a negative one for the Z06. Your car is very fast!

Just goes to show what FI can do for the NSX and how much of a force a high-boost NSX-R would be on the world stage.

Uh oh...get the flamesuit on.

Uh oh...get the flamesuit on.

no, no.... it's ok. he said C6, not Tc. he's alright. :rolleyes:

in any case, that's very impressive. :biggrin: i can't wait to get an HP setup. (i'm trying to save!!) is this their base turbo kit? do you have any supporting engine mods (ie, cams, pistons,etc.)?

That sounds about right. My stock 97 NSX walked a 400hp C6 two out of two runs. So I imagine with another 100hp, it should be able to walk a 500hp C6 Z06.

Good stuff
icon14.gif

How the NSX can overcome a 100hp deficit I have no idea. There must be a mistake in the design of the Corvettes gear ratios and powercurve. Either that or it was just designed for magazine 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers.
I know someone here can do the math, someone should grab a C6 dyno plot, and figure the power under the curve from Xmph to Ymph.

regardless of the weight.... the Z06 has massive torque to deal with it..... i think that makes it all the more impressive.

regardless of the weight.... the Z06 has massive torque to deal with it..... i think that makes it all the more impressive.

In general if the torque is beyond 435lbs your not putting the power to the ground as the tires will burn out. Z06 is just over that with 475. Examples hyper exotics such as CGT is at 435, F50 347, even a V12 Enzo puts down 485 for such big displacement.

In general if the torque is beyond 435lbs your not putting the power to the ground as the tires will burn out. Z06 is just over that with 475. Examples hyper exotics such as CGT is at 435, F50 347, even a V12 Enzo puts down 485 for such big displacement.

yeah.... i mean, compared to a turbo nsx.

in fact . corvette basic c6 isn't even faster than the c5 z06. 0-400M test. nsx slightly fast. but i believe that its 400hp will beat our stock nsx in high end since it has a 100 extrea HP and lot more torque.

forgot to say, we can beat corvette in corner.

LOL. i think that corvette forum will get burned if they hear about it. z06 isn't that great. 7.0L engine doesn't achieve much respect from other people except those vette fans.

Back