• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wanting better audio & more Bass from the ELS Stereo

Bho

Registered Member
Has anyone upgraded the speakers on their NSX? If you want more bass, can you just upgrade the Sub, or do you think you'd have to get a new Subwoofer and an Amp? I don't need some crazy bass setup, just looking for a fuller sound with more dynamic range and punchier bass.

Thanks,
Brian

I'm hearing there is a neural ELS page buried in the infotainment that helps with quality..

Yes there is a setting that allows you to expand the sound stage (neural). It does work. As for bass, the car is so tight (sealed compartment) and relatively small that it is hard to increase the lower frequencies without adding a larger amp, as well as a sub in an enclosure. Most of the improvements have centered around changing out all the speakers and upping the power of the amp. You are looking at $3000 to $5000 depending on whether you do the work or pay someone else.
I am in the minority, but I think the system sounds good. The source is really important, so make sure that you go into settings and adjust the bit rate to the highest possible on your phone assuming you are connecting by wire vs Bluetooth.

Back