• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Warning on dealing with Ross at STMPO

Hello all prime members please beware before purchasing this kit or anything else from Ross I just currently ordered a simple after cooler Water to air set up for my BBSC which he advertises on his website.He offered me this kit for $2600.00 dollars that was supposed to include the following Parts:

A)Custom After cooler Box --- Sends me one totally wrong dimensions after taking my money & giving me a run around for months

B) Tial Bov advertised with the kit on proposal ---sends me a Greddy instead that not even for the right horsepower my car is running

C)New F-150 lightning water pump the best on the market ---sends me a used water pump

D)All nessary hoses & Clamps --- Missing clamps Bolts Hose was to small for my blower

E)Worst of all after he said my kit was finnally ready but he has no money to ship to me & that he had no money left over to even supply me with the radiator cap that goes on the water box

F)I had to ask this guy numerous time for a simple receipt of purchase which till today he still will not provide me with & tells me that if I demand anything from him he will give me nothing now I am screwed here in florida having to pay another shop to remodify the box he made to correct his mistakes .He is refusing to reimburse me.He rufuses to honor replacing the parts he claimed were new what kind of company is this.

G) Yes Ross did come off as a respectable guy to sell you the product But beware the second he has your money you will be waiting forever with a thousand excuses make sure he provides you with a receipt & make sure he has enough money to ship your product when hes done months after he tells you a few weeks & cross your fingers & pray he sends you everything he promised you in the kit

H) Ross i hope you read this & comply with the parts you owe me along with the reimbursement for your mistakes & my receipt I still dont have from you!

Soon to follow I will post his proposal along with the pictures of the box he made for me that overlaps the supercharger by over 4" along with the discarge tubes facing the wrong way!

[ADMIN NOTE: I removed the attached photo of an engine bay because the file name contained profanity. If you want to present your case here you will need to do so professionally and maturely.]

Last edited:
Re: Warning Stmpo nsx turbo kit

Hello please read my thread on bottom of Ross's turbo kit section where your were inquiring on parts from him I would not want you to get screwed by this guy Ross like i did he is a thief & will not stand behind his products.Once he has your money you will be waiting for ever

I also had a similar experience with Ross...Never again will I deal with this individual.

I have a aftercooler that Ross built for my BBSC and it is perfect. It is a tight fit. I am sorry you are having problems. I will have a STMPO Turbo kit on my car later this month. I will post pics and results.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues. I can only vouch for Ross' exemplary service in assisting in my purchase of a '99 CTSC, the installation of several of his high quality parts on the car and holding the car at his shop for 2 weeks until it was finally shipped! He has been nothing but helpful in my experience.

Re: STMPO NSX turbo kit….. Individually Customized Per NSX

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues. I can only vouch for Ross' exemplary service in assisting in my purchase of a '99 CTSC, the installation of several of his high quality parts on the car and holding the car at his shop for 2 weeks until it was finally shipped! He has been nothing but helpful in my experience.

Re: Warning Ross at Stmpo (Bad Experience)

Hello you guys who are defending Ross at Stmpo obviously I cant imagine him screwing all his customers over but there sure has been quite a few that he has I guess in your cases its hard for him to screw over a local but I live in Florida this guy is advertising a bbsc kit on his website that he proposes comes with certain parts this guy not only made me a box that was the wrong size & refuses to reimburse me for his mistakes but then sends me used parts that are supposed to be new .Now after waiting months for him to finish my kit when he said it would be a couple of weeks then at the end he tells me he is broke & cant ship my stuff. Next i see on prime he is selling the Intercooler set up off his car that he told me was coming with my kit advertised under his GM supercharger ad?

Re: Warning on Ross at Stmpo

Hello all prime members please beware before purchasing this kit or anything else from Ross I just currently ordered a simple after cooler Water to air set up for my BBSC which he advertises on his website.He offered me this kit for $2600.00 dollars that was supposed to include the following Parts:

A)Custom After cooler Box --- Sends me one totally wrong dimensions after taking my money & giving me a run around for months

B) Tial Bov advertised with the kit on proposal ---sends me a Greddy instead that not even for the right horsepower my car is running

C)New F-150 lightning water pump the best on the market ---sends me a used water pump

D)All nessary hoses & Clamps --- Missing clamps Bolts Hose was to small for my blower

E)Worst of all after he said my kit was finnally ready but he has no money to ship to me & that he had no money left over to even supply me with the radiator cap that goes on the water box

F)I had to ask this guy numerous time for a simple receipt of purchase which till today he still will not provide me with & tells me that if I demand anything from him he will give me nothing now I am screwed here in florida having to pay another shop to remodify the box he made to correct his mistakes .He is refusing to reimburse me.He rufuses to honor replacing the parts he claimed were new what kind of company is this.

G) Yes Ross did come off as a respectable guy to sell you the product But beware the second he has your money you will be waiting forever with a thousand excuses make sure he provides you with a receipt & make sure he has enough money to ship your product when hes done months after he tells you a few weeks & cross your fingers & pray he sends you everything he promised you in the kit

H) Ross i hope you read this & comply with the parts you owe me along with the reimbursement for your mistakes & my receipt I still dont have from you!

Soon to follow I will post his proposal along with the pictures of the box he made for me that overlaps the supercharger by over 4" along with the discarge tubes facing the wrong way!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by onestepx; 04-09-2009 at 11:58.

If the moderators wont move the thread... I'll answer it here...

The quote was 2600.00 and I accepted 2200.00 and a steering wheel... which was an atempt to help you out man... My website isnt even up.. it has no pictures or price on it either... I sent you pics of the exact WTA you recieved... but built and designed better... The reason it didnt fit is both of our faults... simple communication

Your communication error was never stating you had a novi 2000...try to find an email that states you needed a box for novi 2000... it was always a bbsc

My communication error was not asking... mostly because all high boost BBSC's came with WTA's... I assumed you had the novi 1000 that didnt come with one

a) It is the correct box... but wrong application

b) you knew well before I sent this out that the tial was to big

c) I wish I could find the pump I had here... someone must have stole it.. you recieved the entire heat exchanger set up from my GMSC... the pump was used for 3 months... you are so impatient... I sent out a working replacement

d) clamps... my bad... but the only thing missing... the hose fit the correct application

e) I lost money building it for you... YES. I asked for the pay pal fee's you agreed to pay but didnt so I could ship it out

f) between the death threats... demands instead of requests... harrassing text messages... and legal action threats... I dont want to attempt to do anything for you.. no problems would have ever occured had we both know you had a novi 2000.... so thats that... your actions are why you are where you are

You are so mad at me because my solution was to build a new box and you wanted me to pay a rental car the entire time... again... if the car drove in ... adding water lines wont make it not drive out.

I told you and your installer... if you cut the box you cant return it... you didnt have the patience for me to make it right... and you were demanding that I followed your solution instead of mine.

That box could have been resold as a novi 1000 kit. You could have received everything you requested... but it was your charater that ruined it for you... I wont send you money and all of your other demands after you continue to threaten my life....

if my life is worth you having to pay a couple hunderd dollars more on the install the WTA instead of waiting a few weeks for me to make it right... so you can spend the rest of your life in prison... than by all means... go ahead and take it from me.

Regards

Re: Warning Ross at Stmpo (Bad Experience)

Hello you guys who are defending Ross at Stmpo obviously I cant imagine him screwing all his customers over but there sure has been quite a few that he has I guess in your cases its hard for him to screw over a local but I live in Florida this guy is advertising a bbsc kit on his website that he proposes comes with certain parts this guy not only made me a box that was the wrong size & refuses to reimburse me for his mistakes but then sends me used parts that are supposed to be new .Now after waiting months for him to finish my kit when he said it would be a couple of weeks then at the end he tells me he is broke & cant ship my stuff. Next i see on prime he is selling the Intercooler set up off his car that he told me was coming with my kit advertised under his GM supercharger ad?

nsxxxtc is from washington DC... he is so happy with his box and my service.. hr is driuvng here a second time for me to install my turbo

sdavies lives in nova scotia

again... my website is blank dude... why do you keep stating it?

my GMSC kit has been for sale since 10/20/2008... you knew you were getting the water lines and exchanger from it.

10-20-2008, 20:44 #1
Viewfromtheback

I also had a similar experience with Ross...Never again will I deal with this individual.

angelcityNSX

I never knew you were unhappy man.. I dont even no when we did biz... but my trader rating is good... I apoligize that you were not satisfied.. I never knew it though

Viewfromtheback

Re: Warning Ross @ Stmpo

Well Ross Im glad you finnally got around to reading this thread

A)Yes there is no email about which unit i had because we spoke verbaly by phone Obviously you being the sales man it is your responsibility to verify that before asumming .Which i did specify the Novi 2000 kit by phone.

B)You said the kit was coming with a Tial unit this one of the reasons I purchased this set-up.If you knew it wasnt going to work with my set-up then why did you put that on your proposal & not tell me till weeks later

C)I told you already after having the car apart that it was Saturday when I took in the car & it took the Mechanic all after noon to pull the charger apart like you said just to find out that it did not fit.I put you on the phone with the mechanic when he specifically asked you if this box was for a Novi 1ooo or Novi 2000 you told him it was made to fit both!On top of that you lied to me the entire time week to week about the box being ready but it wasnt you told me worst case scenerio a few weeks it took you months .Then you tell me you made your other customers box in one day so how much harder was it to make mine that it took months after.I told you i would have to back to the mechanic & pay twice to do the work all over again if I had to ship you back the box on top of you not covering my shipping fees 5 days to ship to you 5 days to ship it back to me . Plus refabrication time which according to you took months to make this box.How could I possibly gamble send you the box back & having to go through this nightmare twice.I caught you on numerous lies the whole way thru like when you told me oh the box will be shipped out on Saturday when there our no deliveries or pick ups on Saturdays or yea the box is done then you tell me your still missing some parts .You left me no choice but to have to pay someone else to correct your mistakes.

D)Lets be honest to this whole community on how you had the nerve to tell me you couldnt afford to pay for shipping because you were broke you could not provide me with a simple radiator cap that is supposed to be included in the kit you told me i was getting a new water pump & you send me a used one now you come up with some sad excuse that someone must have stole it from you wow i guess theirs more than one thief at Stmpo this is not an excuse that i should have to pay the consecuences for someone stealing the pump follow that up with your own employees the hose you sent was for a Novi 1000 that I had to replace along with missing clamps & bolts.

E) Yes you told me you where selling me the used Intercooler off your car but then a few days later you are advertising it for sale with your GM supercharger set up with the same pictures you sent me which I have proof of along with every text Email & pictures you sent me .

F)What is your excuse for not proving me with a simple receipt that I requested from you numerous times after paying you in full.

G)When I tried to resolve this issue with you by phone on our last conversation your answer was that if I demand anything from you I get nothing Dogg!
1)Lets see is demanding my receipt for something I paid in full wrong
2)Is demanding to know why you sent me a used pump when you told me a new one wrong
3)Is asking you to reimburse me for the box that you made wrong not right or should I have bent over & let you screw me twice with no vasaline it was cheaper to take a loss at this point to have the mistake corrected than to have lost another month of dealing with you & your lies on top of you not reimburse me for having to take the car to the mechanic twice for the same install car rental etc.

H)How do you keep saying you lost money making this for me when you sent me used parts that were supposed to be new
1)Intercooler used new maybe cost $300.00
2)Used waterlines Napa $20.00
3)Used waterpump that new cost maybe $60.00
4)water box between labor & materials maybe $1000.00
5)Shipping around $100.00
6)Misc. hoses etc. $30.00
7)My payment to you was $2200.00 plus paypal fees plus a momo steering wheel that rounded off the $2600.00 you agreed to & you did me no favor making me wait months for the wrong product which you refuse to correct along with the used parts that were supposed to be new!
8)Now you sit there & lie that I didnt provide you with the additional 3% paypal fees you requested I have all proof of payments for anyone interested in forwarding them for proof

I) I never threatened your life
I did state to you if you were unwilling to make good of this problem
that I would follow up with the authorities. Which is exactly what I am in the process of doing you should be hearing from your local police dept. soon along with having to sue you for my damages.Apparently you have left me with no other options

Last edited:

Ross at Stmpo

He has only been helpful towards me so far. I have a question or call him he gets back to me in a very reasonable time. Like a couple of mins, he seems to be really helpful

Re: Warning Ross @Stmpo

Hi yeaiwonder88 like I said I can not vouch for him screwing over everybody but in the last few days I have gotten close to a dozen people PM me with the same type of issues that I have had with him . I am only here to plead the truth & facts .
Like I said before if you had a good experience with this guy great unfortunatly I had a horrible one along with numerous other members obviously I have exhausted all other avenues with this guy or I would not be here to make such a ruccus.This was no petty transaction were talking about. This was over a $2000.000 plus purchase plus additional expenses to correct his mistakes which till now he rufuses to reimburse me.

Last edited:
Re: Warning Ross @Stmpo

Hi yeaiwonder88 like I said I can not vouch for him screwing over everybody but in the last few days I have gotten close to a dozen people PM me with the same type of issues I have had with him including one guy having to put a gun to his head which we all look up to this individual on prime but I will not mention his name.Ross you know very well who that was.

I don't know any rational person who would put a gun to some ones head over a financial dispute and I certainly wouldn't look up to a psychopath like that and i doubt any other sane person on this website would either.

If you "look up to" someone who feels the need to handle matters with a gun and a threat to some ones life then you need to get some perspective on things man. Maybe get some counseling or something because the kind of behavior your talking about is beyond unacceptable and borders on psychotic.

I have a CHL and it is to protect my life and the lives of the people i care about, NOT to threaten peoples lives like the person you so admiringly described above.

If i were Ross i would be the one alerting the authorities, you go too far. You are making a strong case to as why Ross doesn't want anything further to do with you.

Grey hound Steve I have never threatened Ross's life nor do I look up to someone having to go to the extreme of putting a gun to his head for whatever reason they had this was info provided to me buy another prime memeber who had an equally bad experience with Ross this guy ripped me off & thinks he can get away with it I guess you didnnt read the thread above yours describing in detail what he sold me.Maybe you have better solution on getting results from this guy since you know him so well!I certainly have'nt that is why I have no option but to sue him for damages.

This has gone way too far. Death threats? Guns? :confused:

I bought an item from Ross and spoke with him on the phone. FWIW, he was cordial, friendly and he cared about serving me and the NSX community. His products are of very high quality.

Last edited:

Hello Greyhound Steve lets get the facts straight here I never threatened Ross's life nor do I look up to the individual who had to go to this extreme in order to get results from Ross this was info provided to me from another prime member whos name I will not mention who obviously had a similar bad experience with Ross.In just the last few days i have been contacted by almost a dozen other members who have had similar bad experiences.I guess you did not take the time to read the thread above yours I posted describing exactly what he proposed & what I received.If you would like me to forward you his proposal along with paypal receipts were i paid in full plus the start date he promised verses the delivery date months later with wrong products I will be happy to forward you or any other prime member who is interested in seeing the facts!Once again if you have any better solutions other than at this point me having to sue him for damages.Please let me know apparently you know him well talk some sense into this Individual .I am a professional bussiness owner as well & I would never screw a client over like this guy has he would not even give me a receipt for my purchase after taking my money he actually wanted me to the deposit the money in his personal Bank of America account thank god I didn't make that mistake & told him I would pay the extra money to complete the transaction through paypal.So get your facts straight before calling me phycotic.If I were phycotic I would be on the next plane out & resolving this in person .But it sure has crossed my mind! That is what the court system is for this matter will be resolved one way or another patience is a vertue.The truth will come out at the end!

Last edited:

Grey hound Steve I have never threatened Ross's life nor do I look up to someone having to go to the extreme of putting a gun to his head for whatever reason they had this was info provided to me buy another prime memeber who had an equally bad experience with Ross this guy ripped me off & thinks he can get away with it I guess you didnnt read the thread above yours describing in detail what he sold me.Maybe you have better solution on getting results from this guy since you know him so well!I certainly have'nt that is why I have no option but to sue him for damages.

I believe it is you who is having trouble understanding things. I read your thread above and felt for you, no one deserves to get ripped off. It is the exact opposite of the experience i had in dealing with Ross but i understand that experiences do differ. I have been following this thread since it started and refrained from saying anything because from what i do know of Ross i believed that if your post was true he would find a way to make it right. Then you started acting crazy and saying stupid things. Now my opinion is that you are an unreasonable person who doesn't have a firm grip on reality and therefore i find anything you have said hard to believe in the context of the reality most of us rational people live in.

I never said that i knew Ross well. I have never met Ross in person but i have ordered several parts from him and have spoken to him several times on the phone and have come to no other conclusion about him other than that he is a man of his word and works very hard to make his customers happy.

Obviously your experience differed but judging by how you've conducted yourself on this thread i can understand why Ross has stopped trying to help you and has chosen to eliminate further contact with you.

Again, i am sorry if you feel you got ripped off. That sucks, no member of this community deserves that and it seems to happen allot more frequently than it should. However it was you who brought up the gun story and it was you who said that it was a member here that we all look up to and i felt the need to respond to those idiotic and outrageous claims. The fact that you believe that ANYONE here would look up to someone who would go to such extremes is ridiculous.

As for a better solution to your problem i would say that ANYTHING is better than the extremes you seem to think are justified in this situation. I firmly believe that if you had been cool from the beginning that Ross would have made things right. Again, i don't know Ross real well but it was my experience that he treated me with as much respect as i treated him. Had i acted like a jackass about things maybe i would have had similar results as you had.

I don't offend people who serve my food, i show police officers every courtesy possible until they hand me a citation and i don't get ugly with people who owe me parts or money until there is no other option left to me. Maybe you should have exercised more restrain and patience in your dealings with Ross and you may have gotten different results, or maybe not but now you'll never know will you?:confused:

Re: Warning Ross at Stmpo

Look Greyhound I have not made up any stories here you must be misunderstanding me on the gun situation let me clarify this for you in the last few days i received several comments on similar situations with Ross
What i said & please reread what I said is that the person whos name I can not mention that had to put a gun to Ross's head is a prime member who we all look up to that has done nothing but positive things for this community I was in shocK my self when I heard this guy had to go to this extreme with Ross. I did not mean for you to think that we look up to him for putting a gun to his head I am a civilized individual & would never wish this upon anyone like I said before this will go to court & the truth will come out if you like please forward me your email address so I can forward you all receipts pictures & facts on this individual or any other prime member who wishes to review the facts.Funny how Ross him self cant get on here a answer these simple questions

Last edited:

Well Ross Im glad you finnally got around to reading this thread

A)Yes there is no email about which unit i had because we spoke verbaly by phone Obviously you being the sales man it is your responsibility to verify that before asumming .

been following this thread for a while and this is probably the biggest problem. You believe it is only the responsibility of the seller to ask you all the questions needed to seel you a product this is surely not the case. Example being if I called sos and told them I have a 94 NSX and I need a center exit exhaust they would say ok no prolem and send it out, there would be a problem with this as I have 97+ headers, does this mean the did something incorrect? no we both failed to communicate properly. Had I told them I had such mods I would have recieved a different outcome, or had they asked the same would have occured.

You and I do say YOU specifically have to understand as a buyer of anything in this world it is your responsibility to perform your due diligence, no one elses. Do I agree the seller also should have asked some key questions yes I do, but in no way does the blame need to be solely rested on his shoulders. Also expecting someone to cover a rental car for a simple mistake is ASSININE and then wanting to return a cut up product and expect to be able to return it after is just as dumb.

I hate taking sides on online disputes but I just couldn't refrain from this. There is something to be said about calmly working out conflict, I myself have dealt with vendors whom have made mistakes, I have shrugged it off and helped come to a positive solution that resolves the issue and leaves everyone satisfied. Had you taken a "higher road" you may have yeilded greater results.

as far as those who choose to remain nameless there is no point in telling us about your best friends, girlfriends, cousin they have no influence on what we think if they are not willing to disclose their own involvement with STMPO

Blurry thanks for your input once again i Stated very clearly to Ross over the phone exactly what my set up was for their was no mis understanding What due you have to say about someone who provided you with a proposal for one thing then turns around & sends you used items in place of new ones what defense do you have for that or do you also tell your clients one thing then send them something totally different I cant even get my receipt of payment from this guy & obviously you dont have all the facts because there are to many things to list here.Let me ad there was no intention of returning any cut up product the box had to be redesigned to make it work.like I mentioned in the thread he was not going to reimburse me for having to do the install twice or shipping back to him or being carless for weeks.
Trust me I am not the only one here who has had issues with this Guy I have all receipts along with emails & so on to prove what he promised & what he delivered this type of action from a vender is not tolerable. I would not be here arguing the Facts if this was not true . I have made every attemp to resolve this issue with him he refuses to cooperate so I will see him in court.Then the truth will come out!

Last edited:

I don't know you but I do know Ross.

I also know by a lot of experience anything custom made or custom fabricated takes time, more time than ever planned and many times it has to be redone over again for one reason or another.

I have have my own ups and downs with Ross. But Ross and I have always come back together and made things right with each other. I can honestly say that Ross is a friend and not a bad guy.

What needs to happen here is you and Ross get on the phone with each other and talk it out, not yell it out. Ross is Italian, as I am, so you can just imagine the heated discussion we've had. But through it all, Ross as always been a friend and would help anyone if there was a way he could as long as you're willing to work it out.

I believe Ross will work with you on a solution that would be fair to both of you if you try.

Hey Coz I wish your suggestion was that easy I have seen many of your posts & under stand your statement about ordering custom parts.But do you offer your customers a estimate of what your selling & then turn around & sell them a totally different part.This is the problem I am dealing with with Ross on top of him lying tome for 3 months & making the wrong part for my application.He then sent me these parts instead of what he offered me in his proposal.

A)Custom water box for BBSC he advertises on his web site which if anyone here has visted his website & seen this he removed it the next day & no longer shows it selling anymore he went as far as to telling others on the forum he never had this on his website which I have proof he did.

B)Tial Blow off valve offered on Proposal then switches it to cheaper Greddy BOV

C)New Ford F-150 Lighting water pump according to him the best one out there -He sends me a used one & then tells me someone at his shop must have stole it.

D)Shipping after paying for everything in full he then tells me he is broke & cant afford to ship out my merchandise.

E)Waterbox Modification after making the wrong box he expected me to ship it back to him after the mechanic had my supercharger all apart & wait God knows how many more months before he would have made me a new one but after he spoke to my Mechanic & told him the waterbox would fit the Novi 1000 or 2000 & that we would have to remove the blower to make it fit.It wound up over 4" overlapping the blower at this point I had no choice but to pay the mechanic to modify the box to make it work .I asked Ross to reimburse me for the few hundred dollars difference to save time & cost of being left without a car for weeks.He said just send it back & he would correct it but who was going to reimburse me for the mechanics hourly fee to put the car back together then come back again a 2nd time to do it all over again.

F) On top of it all he never even forwarded me a Receipt for my purchase he actually asked me to Deposit the Money in his Bank of America Account .Luckily I told him I would only purchase thru Paypal.I am not he only member who has been ripped off by this guy after posting my problem I got dozens of PM"s from other members that had similar problems with him.

So after Numourous attempts to resolve this issue with him.His answer to me was that if I demanded anything from him I would get nothing.
Things I demanded
Receipt of purchase after paying my order in full
Why I was sent a used water pump when I paid for a new one
Why I paid for Tial Bov & got a Greddy instead
When will my box be ready every week he told me it was ready then come up with a different excuse like telling me hes shipping on a Sunday when there are no Sunday pick ups.Etc.Etc.
If this is common ways to treat your customers in Arizona please let me know if Im wrong

I tried taking your advise Coz & work it out reaseanably with Ross he still refuses to make good.At least I tried but with no results.

Back