• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Was just told the HSC....

will be called the NSX and it will be a V6 pushing 450hp. This told to me by a local dealership GM and that was an offical statement. So what.....whats new about that info. Hey I'm just sharing and you can take it for what its worth.

One thing else was that the rear of the car and its exhaust will be different from concept b/c the size of the cats, which won't work in the production model.

Fact....who knows, I just though I would share so no flames please:)

Signed, pushing snow in KC

My dealer called me yesterday (courtesy call - I'm #1 on the list in StL.). He mentioned that they have not received a single word on the HSC/NSX.

Tom Larkins said:
...told to me by a local dealership GM...
...Signed, pushing snow in KC ...
If the dealership was Superior, I would bet he is passing along what I told the service/parts people a few weeks ago.

Yeah, pushing snow, slush, and ice (the X is extremely squirly).

is this dealership GM a dedicated prime memeber? these numbers have been floating around prime and TOV for some time now.......we may be going on a merry go round here.......:D

I always get a chuckle from these posts. Many times in the past we've heard info from a local dealer with "inside" info, when in fact the dealer read about it on Prime. :)

tmeekins said:
I always get a chuckle from these posts. Many times in the past we've heard info from a local dealer with "inside" info, when in fact the dealer read about it on Prime. :)

I actually told him the same thing," Your info is old b/c we have been hearing that for more than a few weeks".

Its cedibility was when he stated the thing about the exhaust/cats, which I have not read before.

Hey Mark, this info came from Wolfe.

Tom Larkins said:
...Its cedibility was when he stated the thing about the exhaust/cats, which I have not read before...
In that case, something new may have been added to the mix. I agree that this added bit of info may make this reoprt mor credible.

My sources tell me that the 2nd gen NSX will be nuclear powered and have levitative abilities. It will be equally adept on the track as well in the snow/ice. Can anyone confirm these rumors??
;)

I don't know whether you guys heard or not. But the japan car no longer has the horse power limit so that japanese cars can compete against euro cars. so 400 hp hsc is very possible

HSC

I had stopped by the local Acura dealer last week to check
out the new TL, nice car might have to get one. Any way there
was a red 91 NSX automatic for sale. This sales guy comes up to me and starts talking about the nsx, I didn't drive mine ( I drove the GTI) so he goes on about the new NSX that is coming out in 2 years and how it is going to be priced at around $50K.
I don't think they would sell the new one at this price, what have you guys heard?

Salespeople are digging their own graves to tout about something they have not had product knowledge training on. How is that sales rep going to sell any 2004/2005 NSX when he is telling customer a 2006 is going to be 50K? That is just moronic. Honda will not realease any tidbits until they know that the current stockpile is sold.

Honda is really good at the Supply and Demand principle.

My two cents.

Tan

Re: HSC

NorCalwhite said:
so he goes on about the new NSX that is coming out in 2 years and how it is going to be priced at around $50K.
I don't think they would sell the new one at this price, what have you guys heard?

I think the guy you spoke to is an idiot, most of these hacks don't know anything about product. I went to a Ford dealer several weeks ago to inquire about a GT. The salesman gives me this look like hmmmm and takes me to the Mustang area and starts looking through the displays and says "I don't see anything about a GT Mustang" Imagine someone that works for you being so ill-informed about its signature car for the next few years thats generated that much attention. Does that tell you anything about some salesman.

I have heard nothing!!

i bet you most if not all acura sales people think that HSC is "Home Shopping Club" :D

forget about sales....i bought the last few cars directly through the internet managers or wholesale dept....there's really no need for sales anymore.

people walk into dealerships by newspaper ads, tv commercials and reading reviews on car mags.....

since everything can be done online now, the consumer should be able to just find their cars and get pricing online. if the price is right and availability is good, the consumers can print out a sales contract and pick up their cars at the dealership....why waste time negotiating and talking to sales???

this way, dealerships can significantly reduce their operating expenses and give further discounts to cars....

it's like fandango.......

Just got off phone with GM at Mission Viejo Acura. His "inside" information is the car will look very much like the current concept, will be shorter & lighter then the NSX, 6 cylinder, +/- 360 HP, $90K, with 2006 delivery. No deposits taken at this time.

I agree, however I doubt it. 360 HP will probably just keep up with the 997. I sure do hope it weighs less than 2900 lbs.

i bet they forgot to tell you about the turbo option with 450hp.....

the bottom line is i don't trust comments from any honda/acura dealership at this time.....heck, they don't even know when the next year S2000s will arrive until a few weeks in advance...let alone a brand new NSX.....honda sure knows how to keep a secret......

i'll keep my own thoughts and wait until the day it's released in the US.......

My local dealer told me the new HSC will be made of carbon reinforced Styrofoam and will weigh 930.3lbs. It will come with it’s own low carb diet plan for the driver since he/she will be one of the single heaviest components in the car. He said it's going to have an 8.0 flat 16 with quad turbos and 10 valves per cylinder. This guy claimed it also has the latest version of VTEC called GS-RVTEC-Si-REALTIME, with 10 cam lobes for every valve!! It will be putting out 1800hp at the wheels and it will have one giant rear tire with a size of 1973/03/R20 just like the cars from the Flintstones!!! It has 2 retractable wheelie bars that come out of the rear quarters. All that combined with the low weight give it a 1/4 mile time of 3.2 at 344mph!!!! God I love my dealer!!! :D:D:D

John you are starting on the Eggnog wayyyy early!:D

couple more details from the new nsx magazine (Honda nsx tatsumi mook revival series)
rear view mirrors are replaced by cameras
bs potenza 245/35zr19 295/30zr20 w/brembo brakes
size 4250mm x 1900mm x 1140mmx 2660mm
combination aluminium and carbon panels

the next model after this will have a v8 and or v10 versions. Looks like the nsx will be around for awhile yet!

jadkar said:
My local dealer told me the new HSC will be made of carbon reinforced Styrofoam and will weigh 930.3lbs. It will come with it’s own low carb diet plan for the driver since he/she will be one of the single heaviest components in the car. He said it's going to have an 8.0 flat 16 with quad turbos and 10 valves per cylinder. This guy claimed it also has the latest version of VTEC called GS-RVTEC-Si-REALTIME, with 10 cam lobes for every valve!! It will be putting out 1800hp at the wheels and it will have one giant rear tire with a size of 1973/03/R20 just like the cars from the Flintstones!!! It has 2 retractable wheelie bars that come out of the rear quarters. All that combined with the low weight give it a 1/4 mile time of 3.2 at 344mph!!!! God I love my dealer!!! :D:D:D

That is HILARIOUS!!:D

jadkar said:

no way, dude......you heard it too??? :D

Back